Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: LSSU Lakers 2016-17

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
    Didn't listen or watch the game. Did the goaltending suck or did the defense suck?

Edit: Anyone here go to the game at NMU tongiht? How is the video board there?
    I watched part of the game, and it was an awful effort by the Lakers. The attendance number of 1400 in the box score was not even close to what showed up. I think the City of Marquette is showing that it is time for Northern to make a coaching change.

Comment

just poor. Maybe they were thinking about the start of the new semester.
      http://www.internationalhero.co.uk/z/zorro1.jpg

Comment

The lakers seem to have some good players but at the same time showing they are not a very good team. Great start to the season and now just nothing . Maybe next year the players coming in will help the team .

Comment

• Originally posted by Laker Dude View Post
          I watched part of the game, and it was an awful effort by the Lakers. The attendance number of 1400 in the box score was not even close to what showed up. I think the City of Marquette is showing that it is time for Northern to make a coaching change.
          The city and surrounding area is more than fickle. You can find more UM and MSN wear than NMU

Comment

Methinks the good ship Laker played really well all weekend and deserved a better fate on Saturday night. There were some bad calls by the referees and bad bounces.

Head Coach Damon Whitten has this young team headed in the right direction, man.

Ringy Dingy!
            Last edited by LakerBaker; 01-09-2017, 11:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
              The lakers seem to have some good players but at the same time showing they are not a very good team. Great start to the season and now just nothing . Maybe next year the players coming in will help the team .
              There likely won't be many new players next season. As it stands now, 2 forwards, a D-man and a goalie. If any guys turn pro early, that will obviously affect how many new guys we'll have. Overall this season, despite some dry spells (specially on the PP), I think scoring has improved. Unfortunately defensive play and goaltending hasn't been up to snuff lately. Too much inconsistency. That needs to get fixed. Next season the Lakers should be better mainly from an experience point of view and that's a key thing. The big question mark for next season will be who will be our goalie. Kossoff seems to be having a sophomore jinx when he's played although some of that is likely due to less than stellar defensive pay in front of him. Nietto, the goalie recruited for next season to replace Defiel was injured early this season in Juniors (concussion I think) and he hasn't played that well since; his numbers are way off from last season. There's a lot of games to play yet this season and if the Lakers can tighten up their defensive play and get good goaltending there's still time to make a move up the standings and make some noise in the WCHA playoffs. We'll see.

Comment

I was at the game Friday and really liked how opportunistic the Lakers were and the way they were able to buckle down and hold the lead late in the 3rd. Gordie really came up with some big stops too. I watched Saturday on WCHA.Tv, and when the roof started to fall in, it completely collapsed.

Comment

I can't wait to hear The Hockey North Show on Tuesday night at 5 p.m. with veteran award winning sportswriter, Randy Russon, from http://www.hockeynewsnorth.com and http://www.saultthisweek.com as he covers the good ship Laker, along with hockey across the region.

Ringy Dingy!

Comment

No two ways about it, the Lakers need a sweep this weekend .

Comment

No two ways about it, the Lakers need a sweep this weekend .
                      Especially with UAA playing better lately and breathing down our neck in the standings. Lakers could be in danger of missing the WCHA playoffs if we they don't get a winning streak together real soon.
                      LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Anyone know what was said by the coach on his weekly radio show ?

Comment

Anyone know what was said by the coach on his weekly radio show ?
                          I heard most of it. Damon said they need to close out periods better, not giving up late goals. Need to tighten up D play. Talked about Nellis having a great weekend. Need to get top line going again (Hults, Torrell, and whoever is paired with them on a given weekend). Gordie is playing well but not making the number of big saves for us that he's made in the past. Talked a bit about Laker Legion and their support. The podcast is now up so you can listen to the whole thing at this link:

http://lakers.sovcomm.net/Laker%20Ho...%201-10-17.mp3

Comment

Thanks Bill

Comment

Originally posted by RapidsCity View Post
                              I was at the game Friday and really liked how opportunistic the Lakers were and the way they were able to buckle down and hold the lead late in the 3rd. Gordie really came up with some big stops too. I watched Saturday on WCHA.Tv, and when the roof started to fall in, it completely collapsed.
                              Lakers had WAY too many chances on Friday that they didn't capitalize on. The first 10 minutes they took it to NMU and it could have easily been 4 or 5 to 0 after that period. They left a lot of grade A chances out there. They were also too flat for about 30 minutes of that game. Luckily, they picked it up a bit at the end to close out the win.

Saturday was a mess. I saw a couple of the guys this week and they both said they were not happy with the total team effort and it was getting addressed. Good to hear there is solid leadership among the players and they are holding themselves to a high standard.

Comment

Hults is listed and i'm sure Bindulis will be a prospect sooner rather than later as well.

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/2017...pionk-kelleher
                                "The top three worst things I've seen in hockey? The invention of the trap. The invention of the morning skate. And the invention of the extremely ugly uniform."

—Brett Hull

Comment

Working...
                                X