Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3435363738394041424344

Thread: LSSU Lakers 2016-17

Re: LSSU Lakers 2016-17

Quote Originally Posted by RapidsCity View Post
    Quick, name all the coaches that left LSSU with a winning record since Jeff Jackson left? Even JJ has said it would be very difficult at LSSU now. Do we fund the program more like NMU, Huntsville & Anchorage or like Tech, Mankato, Bowling Green & Bemidji? If the answer is the former!and it is), why would we expect more than a very occasional sniff at 5th or 6th? Why, with a less than NMU budget for travel, recruiting, coaches, player amenities would we expect the team to be with the programs that spend twice as much recruiting as we do. You don't get a Lexus when you go to the car lot and pay for that beater Chevy on the back row. Anyone who thinks otherwise is a fool.
    I understand that LSSU is facing tremendous challenges with a declining enrollment but I wonder how much the Laker hockey budget aligns with the rest of the teams in the conference. I was under the impression that the program is funded well but that the administration has had to deal with a restless faculty who wants cuts in the athletic budget to help offset costs.

Quote Originally Posted by jnacc View Post
    I understand that LSSU is facing tremendous challenges with a declining enrollment but I wonder how much the Laker hockey budget aligns with the rest of the teams in the conference. I was under the impression that the program is funded well but that the administration has had to deal with a restless faculty who wants cuts in the athletic budget to help offset costs.
    The team has been among the lowest funded in the WCHA and was for many years in the CCHA as well. The Lakers head coach is the lowest paid in the league and his predecessor made less than some assistants in college hockey. That should indicate how the program is funded.

Coach Emeritus
    Enjoying the arrival of the Broadmoor Trophy in 2017

According to collegehockeyinc.com, 70% of NHL players who played college hockey spent at least 3 years on campus. Odds are against the early departure kids, lots of flameouts for kids that would have been better off in the long run sticking around in more ways than one.

http://collegehockeyinc.com/articles...homecoming.php

Quote Originally Posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
    According to collegehockeyinc.com, 70% of NHL players who played college hockey spent at least 3 years on campus. Odds are against the early departure kids, lots of flameouts for kids that would have been better off in the long run sticking around in more ways than one.

http://collegehockeyinc.com/articles...homecoming.php

I agree with Red down in AA if a kid is NHL ready then by all means chase your dream. It's the ones that are signed way to early because they have size or skating ability so the signing team takes them as a project. I understand the kids are trying to achieve their goal of reaching the show and it's sad that they don't realize the NHL team isn't concerned about what's best for the player. It's just business and if they take enough stabs they just might find a diamond in the rough.

Quote Originally Posted by davyd83 View Post
    The team has been among the lowest funded in the WCHA and was for many years in the CCHA as well. The Lakers head coach is the lowest paid in the league and his predecessor made less than some assistants in college hockey. That should indicate how the program is funded.
    Ha. I thought UAA had that category won hands down. BTW, does your school give the "cost of attendance" stipend? I have been trying to figure out which schools in the WCHA are paying that, but there isn't much out there on the subject.
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Quote Originally Posted by Suze View Post
    Ha. I thought UAA had that category won hands down. BTW, does your school give the "cost of attendance" stipend? I have been trying to figure out which schools in the WCHA are paying that, but there isn't much out there on the subject.
    LSSU does not pay the COA stipend.

Thread Information