X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dartmouth Hockey 2016-17 Season

Originally posted by BIG Green View Post
    Where are all the Dartmouth fans?

So now they do NOT have an exhibition game against a Canadian school on Oct 15; that means their only exhibition will be the following weekend against Harvard. I am quite sure they are putting this extra time into quality practices in preparation for the season. However, nothing beats live game action as it cannot be replicated...especially when you see an opposing jersey as compared to seeing an opposing teammate in practices.
    Is ChinaHockey still around? I miss hearing from him...

Comment

Well it's game day BIG Green fans! I guess we will get a glimpse on what's in store for us this season. It will be very interesting on the pairings and line combinations. Can any of the freshmen play themselves iinto a top two pairing on D and top six on O? Or who plays on the specialty units of PP and PK. We will will find out soon enough and will be ever-evolving.

Comment

Be great to post a recap of the game if you end up attending.

Comment

I have been in the Mediterranean Sea on a 2 week cruise visiting and eating my way around Italy, Spain, Portugal, France and Gibraltar(UK). I come back and with less than one week to go before RPI and Union kick off the ECAC campaign and I find only 22 contestants. Come on people. You have until Friday at 7PM to get your picks in or amend your previous picks. If doing an amendment just give me a new post with your revised picks and state that they are revised.

http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...ings-2016-2017
          Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
          And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
          WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
          If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Hello Dartmouth fans! My friends and I are headed to Hanover this weekend for the Michigan hockey game. Any advice on things to do in the area or places to eat would be appreciated.

If you're at the game and see 2 couples age 30 something clad in Michigan gear, come say "hi" (I'll be the shorter, wider girl). I always enjoy meeting other USCHO posters.
            Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
            wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
            7 B1G
            7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
            6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
            5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
            5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
            2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
            2 Alaskan

Comment

Hello WolverineTrumpet!

Looking at your impressive list of arenas visited and Thompson will only add to that stature! You always go hiking if you are up to it but as far as things to eat, try this:
              Breakfast Lou's (probably be a line but well worth it for this mainstsay, featuring pancakes with Maple syrup)
              Lunch Boloco (slightly higher end Chipotle
              Lunch/Dinner Molly's (probably the most popular of all the bar/eateries)
              Lunch/Dinner Canoe Club (another popular hangout)
              Lunch/Dinner Tuk Tuk Thai
              Dinner The Pine in the Hanover Inn (most elegant sit down)

Better yet, these restaurants are all on Main St (main strip) for Hanover.

Good Luck!

Comment

You still have time to get your picks into the ECAC Pick the Standings Contest. Friday at 7PM is the deadline.

Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

The Big Green plays Harvard to 3-3 tie with Harvard winning the Shootout as agreed upon by the coaches. I do not know if this games answer much due to all the penalties being called that certainly disrupted the flow of the game, unless you wanted to work on your PP, PK, or 4 on 4 due PP's being nullified. Coaches played all their upperclassmen with the most ice times: D Yau/Shoup, Hartley/Rymsha, and Toor/Roth with a floating 7th D-man F Crema/Hesler/Kalk, Jasiek/Ernsting/Opperman, Neiley/Kilistoff/Warpecha
                  and the remainders of the forwards each getting some ice time. As stated previously, it would be foolish to draw any conclusions other than the Big Green tied a very good Harvard team, minus Vesey

Comment

I thought Harvard outplayed and controlled the game early on, but it was much more evenly matched play in the latter half or so. Dartmouth certainly did a great job of capitalizing on the (deserved) major penalty to turn the game around. The Crimson has lost more than Jimmy V, but has some solid additions as well for this year, particularly on D. It was nice to visit to my home town and see the scrimmage, and I look forward to at least two more Harvard-Dartmouth matchups this season.

Now go beat Michigan!
                    Last edited by Crimson on the Glass; 10-27-2016, 10:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by vicb View Post
                      You still have time to get your picks into the ECAC Pick the Standings Contest. Friday at 7PM is the deadline.

Only one day left to get your picks in.
                      WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO

Comment

So the regular season finally starts tonight the Wolverines parade into town. They are coming off a loss to Vermont last night! Will they be the tired bunch or come out with a renewed vengeance? They lose ton of points, Connor (Winnipeg Jets), Motte (Chicago Blackhawks), and Compher (Avs farm team) from last year's potent offensive team. The Big Green is coming a tie/loss to Harvard last week as they get their bearings. We just hope they build on those positive experiences moving forward.

Comment

Way to go Big Green! The better team 5 on 5 won last night with more offensive pressure and zone time despite a disallowed goal late in the game prior to Crema's last minute heroics. UM may be more individually talented as shown by Kile's PP goal but the Big Green hung together as a group and persevered. The line of Kilistoff/Neiley/Warpecha looked very good for a 3rd line...exactly what a 3rd line should do, forecheck, hit, and frustrate. The D looked good overall with no major flaws. Buffalo also looked good although rebound control could be a little better.

Comment

Well done Big Green, and #2 Pairwise!

Comment

Thanks Crimson On The Glass! Can they even put that out even after one game? Either way, we will take it for now, with now being the operative word. BTW Congrats on two big W's in the desert. If nothing else, you guys got some nice weather.

Comment

Well here it is...the start of conference play! The Big Green host Cornell and Colgate this weekend. Just remembered that Cornell looked like a defense-first team with big jolly green giants (red probably the better color to use) on both defense and offense. They were big and lumbersome. Whereas as Colgate was the opposite with good transition through the neutral with smaller players possessing speed and skill. So we'll see how this plays out playing two different style teams. Can the Big Green (coaches on down to the players) adapt from game to game?

Comment

Working...
                                X