Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dartmouth Hockey 2016-17 Season

Originally posted by BIG Green View Post
    Another tough loss with the same theme: lack of fire-power to score in general especially on the PP as another goose-egg and the inability to prevent goals on the PK spells a recipe for disaster. Again 5 on 5 were OK. Buffalo is starting to reveal some leakiness as he got pulled last night. I believe that second goal given up should have been a routine save as it trickle in the net but he has been good overall. Another D to D turnover behind the goal line led to the first goal. Having Kalk and Jasiek out of the lineup certainly contributed to the drought but somebody (ies) have to step up and nobody did. Let's win one next week against a improved UNH team with a little home-cooking then get on a much needed break to re-group and re-charge. Am I the only Big Green fan? Where are you?
    Big Green,

Love your enthusiasm. Most long time fans have become numb too much disappointment over the years.Bob Gaudet is a good man but new blood is needed the team has become like the movie" Ground Hog Day"

Comment

eddieshack23,

Thanks for your kind words! While Gaudet's time might have passed him by, I would like to think that more of the issue is an uneven playing field; as in no athletic scholarships for the Ivies. However, I am mindful that Harvard, Yale except for this year thus far), and Cornell are pretty good year after year abiding by the same rules. Regardless, you have play with what you have and develop them from recruits all the way to their senior year. I am ever the optimist or just plain drinking the kool-aid.

Comment

eddieshack23,

Thanks for your kind words! While Gaudet's time might have passed him by, I would like to think that more of the issue is an uneven playing field; as in no athletic scholarships for the Ivies. However, I am mindful that Harvard, Yale except for this year thus far), and Cornell are pretty good year after year abiding by the same rules. Regardless, you have play with what you have and develop them from recruits all the way to their senior year. I am ever the optimist or just plain drinking the kool-aid.
        I think loss of Dave Peters has set the program back more than most people realize

Comment

Mmm-mmm-mmm ... Ivy covered, Big Green cupcakes!! Get in my belly!!!
          Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
          Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

I will be one of the Cats fans at Thompson this weekend. Hoping that the fish chowder is not as ice cold as my last visit; was not even lukewarm, whassup with dat?

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
              I will be one of the Cats fans at Thompson this weekend. Hoping that the fish chowder is not as ice cold as my last visit; was not even lukewarm, whassup with dat?
              So bummed I will miss this one...hubby's Christmas party (ugh). Go to Molly's downtown...cheap margaritas! You won't notice the cold chowda...
              Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

HockeyRef,

Just tell your hubby you will be there in spirit both physically (consumed from Molly's) and mentally (from the heart)! LOL!

Comment

Snively65,

Cannot speak about the chowda but sorry! HockeyRef is right try Molly's! Cannot go wrong with Canoe Club or Murphy's as well! Either way have a great time and good luck with your very good UNH team, just not that night. LOL!

Comment

eddieshack23,

Agreed 100%... Dave Peters was both a good man and good hockey mind!

Comment

Snively65,

Cannot speak about the chowda but sorry! HockeyRef is right try Molly's! Cannot go wrong with Canoe Club or Murphy's as well! Either way have a great time and good luck with your very good UNH team, just not that night. LOL!
                      Thanks for the culinary tips, BG and HR.

I co-maintain the Glencliff Trail on Moosilauke for the DOC, so I have some affinity with Dartmouth. :-)

Comment

Thanks for the culinary tips, BG and HR.

I co-maintain the Glencliff Trail on Moosilauke for the DOC, so I have some affinity with Dartmouth. :-)
                        No affinity allowed until these cupcakes have been devoured, and the sugar buzz is setting in afterwards.

((( hey - just wondering - is this season thread going to make it to the next round number by season's end? The boss was just asking ... )))
                        Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                        Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                          No affinity allowed until these cupcakes have been devoured, and the sugar buzz is setting in afterwards.

((( hey - just wondering - is this season thread going to make it to the next round number by season's end? The boss was just asking ... )))
                          Any thread that has Eddie Shack as a poster is ok in my book.
                          Last edited by Snively65; 12-06-2016, 08:29 PM.

Comment

Skated on Occum Pond, Davis Rink and Thompson Arena and climed Moosilake. What other UNH or Dartmouth fan for that matter can top that?
                            UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Originally posted by e.cat View Post
                              Skated on Occum Pond, Davis Rink and Thompson Arena and climed Moosilake. What other UNH or Dartmouth fan for that matter can top that?
                              Excellent, e.cat! Climbed Moosilauke, right? Or, as some say, Moose Hillock.

Was Davis Rink to Thompson Arena as Snively was to Lake Whitt?

I have seen sediment cores taken from Occum Pond on a geology field trip, but not skated on it.

Comment

Excellent, e.cat! Climbed Moosilauke, right? Or, as some say, Moose Hillock.

Was Davis Rink to Thompson Arena as Snively was to Lake Whitt?

I have seen sediment cores taken from Occum Pond on a geology field trip, but not skated on it.
                                Yes Davis Rink is to Dartmouth what Snively is to UNH. IIRC Davis had bench seating just on one side. Very minimalistic but functional. Thompson was a major upgrade to a storied program, kinda!
                                UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Working...
                                X