Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Dartmouth Hockey 2016-17 Season

Originally posted by vicb View Post
    You think that was a tough loss, how about toknight . I thought my Knights were dead when they fell behind 3-0 in the first 12 minutes. WOW, what a turn around in periods 2 and 3. 6 straight goals and Clarkson can actually go into next weeks playoffs with some momentum.
    A big shout out to your Knights....they had absolutely nothing to play for and clawed back with a convincing 6-4 victory. They could have easily folded (pulled back to avoid risk of injury) but NO they perserved and earned a well-deserved comeback against the Big Green. Big disappointment for the Big Green as they now pack their bags for the first round.

Comment

This recap will be brief as it was a major disappointment on many levels, the Big losing to the Knights last Saturday. After coming out smoking in front of a pumped-up home crowd with 3-0 lead in the first 12 minutes of the game only to squander it in the second ending 3-3, and finally losing 6-4. Now the problems are team defense and goaltending. Yes, terrible time of year for it to rear its ugly head. Structure, awareness, and smarts are the culprits. Enough of that and let's move forward to Yale! Go BIG GREEN!

Comment

BIG Green it is hard to remain upbeat with the current state of affairs.I think it is time for a change as the fan base has really started to bleed and with the current regime there is no one to apply a tourniquet.

Comment

Originally posted by eddieshack23 View Post
          BIG Green it is hard to remain upbeat with the current state of affairs.I think it is time for a change as the fan base has really started to bleed and with the current regime there is no one to apply a tourniquet.
          You can't let Gaudet go, he is the best show in the ECAC. Every year from my seats behind his bench there is always one moment where he becomes so apoplectic that he reminds me of Gene Hackman in Hossiers.
          YALE HOCKEY
          2013 National Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
            You can't let Gaudet go, he is the best show in the ECAC. Every year from my seats behind his bench there is always one moment where he becomes so apoplectic that he reminds me of Gene Hackman in Hossiers.
            This. Gaudet may not be the answer in Hanover but he's quite a bit of entermainment. Unfortunately he doesn't seem to launch clipboards onto the ice anymore. :|

Comment

You have until 7PM tonight to get your 1st round picks into the ECAC Pick the Playoffs 2017 Contest
              Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
              And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
              WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
              If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

The post-season is upon the Big Green! A very tough first match up as Yale dominates the Big Green year in and year out and it was no different this year as the score was an aggregate of 11-0, including a humiliating 7-0 loss at home. However, if there a glimmer of light and hope, the BIG Green can remind themselves of last year's upset and unlikely sweep of Yale at Ingalls in the quarters to move onto Lake Placid. Yes, times and rosters have changed but anything thing can happen so let's get the upperclassmen who were a part of that last year share to not only that experience and optimism to the freshmen class but infuse themselves with it as well. It is much needed. It goes without saying that the most important player coming in the the playoffs is the GOALIE. Hear that Devin Buffalo or whoever is in net! Remember Grant last year! Team defense has got to be tighter with less risk taking either on D or jumping in on O. Also on team O, cannot rely solely on the Crema line or first unit PP to score the goals. PK has been a killer all year round...just an observation tip-ins has been a major issue, maybe tie up man and/or stick. BIG GREEN with ENVY!

Comment

Well, the season comes down to tonight. Can the Big Green extend the series to a finale and live for another day? This is coming off the heels of a 6-1 loss to Yale. What was a tight game turn into a semi romp as the Yale scored two goals in 30 seconds to take a commanding 4-1 lead in the second. Big Green started off nicely controlling the play but a tripping penalty swung momentum as Yale now had puck possession to let their big players do their thing. Snively was left all alone in his off wing circle and hammers home a rebound. Mistake by D on the centerline leads to a breakaway then a rebound put back. Over rotation on their PK leads to a backdoor goal as their D steps down to take open ice. Then the quick senseless turnover deep in Big Green's zone leads to another goal 30 seconds later. Well you get the point. It's not to say that they Big Green didn't have their chances..they did. McLaughlin comes in on the off wing on a 2 on 1 only to put it in Tucker's crest. Jasiek on another 2 on 1 one time/deflects the puck right onto Tucker's crest instead of a mostly open net. Warpecha fins himself all alone on the doorstep only to tried to force through Tucker's five hole...with a little more patience forehand. backhand and in. If that was Snively, it would be in. So this all speaks to a lack of finishers for the Big Green because they actually made plays last night leading up to those Grade A chances. Interesting note, Graber was scratched..do not know if it was an injury, illness, or what.

Comment

It goes without saying that the most important player coming in the the playoffs is the GOALIE. Hear that Devin Buffalo or whoever is in net! Remember Grant last year! Team defense has got to be tighter with less risk taking either on D or jumping in on O. Also on team O, cannot rely solely on the Crema line or first unit PP to score the goals. PK has been a killer all year round...just an observation tip-ins has been a major issue, maybe tie up man and/or stick. BIG GREEN with ENVY!

The above was my assessment on the keys to the game: Buffalo gets pulled, key turnovers and clear cut odd man chances given up by the D (converted by Yale), PP had quality chances but no goals with zone entry being a problem, and finally the PK surrenders I believe two goals. Recipe for disaster and it certainly played out.

Comment

The season is winding down while the Big Green are fighting for their playoff lives. As eddieshack23 has duly noted, it is getting increasingly difficult to stay upbeat as this season has gone downhill, while acknowledging that they are really young with losing only 3 seniors with major playing time. BUT ever the optimist I will stay by the BIG Green through thick and thin. Last year culminated in Lake Placid while this year?????. Come on boys do it for yourselves and the seniors!

Comment

Keep the faith Big Green as I like to say in each and every game they control their own destiny

Comment

Nice clean series, good luck to the seniors.
                          YALE HOCKEY
                          2013 National Champions

Comment

Well the season is OVER but not before a very valiant effort last night against Yale. If there ever was a time where the Big Green deserved to win, it was last night. They played as well as could of given what they had to work with injuries, etc. Unfortunately, the Big Green could not close out the game in a very entertaining clean series, as LTsatch stated. The Big Green never lost the lead until the OT winner. Tucker won the game for Yale as Buffalo was very good as well. Buffalo probably would like the second goal allowed back. The D core played much better as it appeared like the Yau/Roth pair matched up against the Snively/Hayden/Stevens? line as much as they could given Yale's last line change advantage. They did their job but like good teams do, someone else step up...namely Doherty who had a monster game. Ernsting was good as he helped out his linemates with good puck decisions/distributions. Graber certainly made a difference as evident in the first goal a minute in. As stated Buffalo was good. Han could have helped him on that second goal as his gap was too big (Yale player had no support). This goes into the category could of/should of but didn't; Opperman was all by himself in front of Tucker in OT only to backhand a shot (in RETROSPECT... backhand to forehand and in goes in the near post as Tucker reactively went down in the butterfly already) Also Crema had a in tight chance but he decided to try to slide it over to Kalk with many sticks in the lane. If he keeps it and goes further wide on his forehand he tucks the puck just inside the near short-side post.

Comment

I would be remiss if I did NOT recognize the accomplishments and dedication the seniors put forth in their careers at Dartmouth. Congrats to Troy Crema, Josh Hartley, Grant Opperman, Kyle Nickerson, and Brandon Kirk. Wishing you the best in your next your endeavors and life. Based on your stellar careers at Dartmouth, you all will undoubtedly succeed.

Comment

Troy Crema will be sorely missed next year,hopefully someone will emerge to be a strong center to help Kalk And Jasiek

Comment

Working...
                                X