Dartmouth Hockey 2016-17 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Dartmouth Hockey 2016-17 Season

Yale has the Big Green's number during the regular season as they beat them again 4-0 for a combined score of 11-0. However, we know and remembered what happen last year as the Big Green swept Yale at Ingalls to move onto Lake Placid. Yesterday's game was a tighter affair compared to the first game blowout. Yale had the slight edge in overall play. Yale's first goal was controversial to say the least it might of literally taken at least 15 minutes if not more to finally make a decision. The NHL does not even take that long. Even the official scores In College Hockey News changed the scorer a couple of times. This much is clear and that's about it: Walsh sends in a harmless high wrister from the point that Piotrowski flashes in front of the net on his forehand with blade open. The puck hit something or someone as it deflects down into the goal. If that indeed touches Piotrowski's shaft/blade it's a high stick and no goal but the refs ruled otherwise or maybe it just was not conclusive to overturn to call on the ice which was a goal. Now back to the regular game. Like I said Yale had the slightly better of the play. Tucker was tremendous as he stops Michalowski on a breakaway centerline in. Jasiek had an open net just to the right of the goal but he whiffed. Yale's D played played pretty good. Hayden scores again as he does his same extra-curricular antics after a play, whether its hitting after a play has been made (you might call it finishing a check but it is borderline late) or coming in after a whistle. Taking nothing away as he will probably move onto to the next level; for a guy that big he should hit guys in real time with the puck instead of when they are more vulnerable like after a pass or shot. Just my 2 cents. Juicy turnovers continue to plague the Big Green, notably on Yale's second goal. Lazy pass out of the D zone turns into a quick counter 2 on 1. Hartley/Graber struggled last night. You can't win if you can't score...5 on 5 did not really test Tucker and for some reason zone entry on the PP was not like it was in the last couple weeks.

Comment

Can you say cluster-? from Dartmouth, Princeton, and Colgate for the #8th and final home ice seed in the first round. Dartmouth is a point ahead of both Princeton and Colgate heading into the last week of the regular season. Yale is in the driver's seat for the #7 seed. This much is clear: Dartmouth swept Princeton and split with Colgate with a an edge in goal differential (not sure on tie-breaker) if the Big Green ends up in a tie with either team. Now in a 3-way I am not sure. In looking at the schedule, the Big Green might have the tougher games while playing at home. As a fan, you cannot ask for much more than this, coming down to the last regular season games, jockeying for playoff position and hosting first round games.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG Green View Post
        Yale has the Big Green's number during the regular season as they beat them again 4-0 for a combined score of 11-0. However, we know and remembered what happen last year as the Big Green swept Yale at Ingalls to move onto Lake Placid. Yesterday's game was a tighter affair compared to the first game blowout. Yale had the slight edge in overall play. Yale's first goal was controversial to say the least it might of literally taken at least 15 minutes if not more to finally make a decision. The NHL does not even take that long. Even the official scores In College Hockey News changed the scorer a couple of times. This much is clear and that's about it: Walsh sends in a harmless high wrister from the point that Piotrowski flashes in front of the net on his forehand with blade open. The puck hit something or someone as it deflects down into the goal. If that indeed touches Piotrowski's shaft/blade it's a high stick and no goal but the refs ruled otherwise or maybe it just was not conclusive to overturn to call on the ice which was a goal. Now back to the regular game. Like I said Yale had the slightly better of the play. Tucker was tremendous as he stops Michalowski on a breakaway centerline in. Jasiek had an open net just to the right of the goal but he whiffed. Yale's D played played pretty good. Hayden scores again as he does his same extra-curricular antics after a play, whether its hitting after a play has been made (you might call it finishing a check but it is borderline late) or coming in after a whistle. Taking nothing away as he will probably move onto to the next level; for a guy that big he should hit guys in real time with the puck instead of when they are more vulnerable like after a pass or shot. Just my 2 cents. Juicy turnovers continue to plague the Big Green, notably on Yale's second goal. Lazy pass out of the D zone turns into a quick counter 2 on 1. Hartley/Graber struggled last night. You can't win if you can't score...5 on 5 did not really test Tucker and for some reason zone entry on the PP was not like it was in the last couple weeks.
        I just watched the first goal in slow motion numerous time on ILDN and it is very difficult to tell from that angle if the puck hit anything. It was very hard to see whether Piotrowski's above the shoulder stick hit the puck or it knuckled and dropped. The goalie certainly was reaching for something higher. If that was the video that the refs had to use, I can see how they could not overturn the call on the ice. I thought Yale was much better all around than Dartmouth last night. Many more high quality chances and no real let up from Yale which has been their bugaboo this season. The fight for the seventh spot is going to be a tough one for Yale with Princeton and QU who both dominated Yale at Ingalls. Good luck the rest of the way, unless we meet again.
        YALE HOCKEY
        2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
          I just watched the first goal in slow motion numerous time on ILDN and it is very difficult to tell from that angle if the puck hit anything. It was very hard to see whether Piotrowski's above the shoulder stick hit the puck or it knuckled and dropped. The goalie certainly was reaching for something higher. If that was the video that the refs had to use, I can see how they could not overturn the call on the ice. I thought Yale was much better all around than Dartmouth last night. Many more high quality chances and no real let up from Yale which has been their bugaboo this season. The fight for the seventh spot is going to be a tough one for Yale with Princeton and QU who both dominated Yale at Ingalls. Good luck the rest of the way, unless we meet again.
          Wholeheartedly agree on the call...nothing there to overturn it! I would say you guys are guys are in the driver's seat for at bare minimum, the #7 seed. Best of luck to you guys as well!

Comment

From The New Haven Registers hockey reporter Chip Malafronte's twitter feed. This home side video makes it look more like it went off of the Dartmouth defenders glove. Expand the video to full screen and you can stop motion the video using the pause button, a great view. https://***********/ChipMalafronte
            YALE HOCKEY
            2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
              From The New Haven Registers hockey reporter Chip Malafronte's twitter feed. This home side video makes it look more like it went off of the Dartmouth defenders glove. Expand the video to full screen and you can stop motion the video using the pause button, a great view. https://***********/ChipMalafronte
              Thanks for the feed! I agree with you that if the puck hit anything, it more than likely hit the D man's right glove as he stabbed at it. Additionally as you pointed out, the goalie was definitely looking for the something higher and could not react quick enough when the puck went in low.

Comment

Dartmouth has the puck on its ice and controls its own destiny. Which team will show up??

Comment

Originally posted by eddieshack23 View Post
                  Dartmouth has the puck on its ice and controls its own destiny. Which team will show up??
                  That's the $64k question and sadly to be honest with you, I do not know. I know what I wish but we know that can be far from the truth. This much is true, if Buffalo has a good/great game in net we will be ok as the Big Green does not score many goals and also they feed off the goalie prowess. The D as a team unit effort has got to play smarter and better, especially the D men. Turnovers do happen but the Big Green has to stay away from the easy and blatant ones in their D zone or D part of their neutral zone. As pinching in in the O zone wall without little or no weakside help with rotation and/or back pressure. Offensively, establishing extended zone time would be huge whether its the top line with clean zone entries and patience or 3/4th lines doing their chip/chase with forecheck and puck retrivial leading to a cycling game played below the dots. Finally, the specialty teams has to be flawless, meaning ...not giving up a goal on PK and scoring at least one on PP. All this has to happen concurrently, usually it has been one without the other.

Comment

A little later than usual...what the heck, if it has not been working you have to change it up so that's what I am doing. The North Country teams are traversing up to Hanover on Senior Day/Night. Emotions will run high as the Big Green will lose a good off/on the ice group in Hartley, Opperman, Crema, Nickerson, and Kirk. Please not only win the games for yourselves but also for these fine Seniors. Start that run like last year that ended up in Lake Placid losing to Quinnpiac (eventual NCAA runner-up) in the semis 3-1. Go BIG GREEN and retain at bare minimum that final 8th spot so that you can play in front of these loyal fans in the first round.

Comment

Please beat Saint Lawrence tonight that is all.
                      QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
                      2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
                      2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
                      2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
                      https://***********/QHockeyBlog
                      https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
                      https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

Originally posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
                        Please beat Saint Lawrence tonight that is all.
                        Please lose to Clarkson tomorrow, that is all.
                        Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                        And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                        WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                        If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

What a heart-breaking loss to St. Lawrence last night? They can back after losing all night to take the lead briefly only to have St. L come back and score the final two to win it. But that's the beauty of all this is that the Big Green can bounce back tonight and seal the deal (8th seed) by a win tonight. It is as simple as that ...Big Green can control their own destiny, assuming Yale does the same. St. L controlled the first period although the Big Green probably had the best Grade A scoring chances, only to be denied by Hayton. Buffalo was good as in the first. However, one of those unforced juicy turnover by Graber at his blueline led to a 2 on O but the St. L player did it by himself. Graber did redeem himself with a goal to make it 2-1 after one. The Big Green heated up in the second and probably had the slight edge in play while still down 3-2 after two with Kalk lighting it up. Then the Big Green takes the lead on two consecutive PP goals in the third...the unit of Yau/Roth and Crema/Kalk/Jasiek are starting to heat up as they use good puck movement to score twice. But then the Big Green let them tie it up immediately and finally let in the winning goal towards the end of the game. Heart-breaker!

Comment

Tough loss last night. Crema's line was outstanding the rest so-so. I'm sure Buffalo would like to have that last goal back

Comment

Originally posted by eddieshack23 View Post
                              Tough loss last night. Crema's line was outstanding the rest so-so. I'm sure Buffalo would like to have that last goal back
                              You think that was a tough loss, how about toknight . I thought my Knights were dead when they fell behind 3-0 in the first 12 minutes. WOW, what a turn around in periods 2 and 3. 6 straight goals and Clarkson can actually go into next weeks playoffs with some momentum.
                              Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                              And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                              WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                              If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

You guys didn't quit. Hope the Knights make it to Lake Placid

Comment

Working...
                                X