Dartmouth Hockey 2016-17 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Dartmouth Hockey 2016-17 Season

Big Green, a question. Bob Gaudet is I believe a good coach and has brought in through the years some solid forwards and dmen. It seems to me that the missing link for better success than he has had is that he has never been able to recruit a "lights-out" goalie to support the team. Is that a fair assessment?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Hutter View Post
      Big Green, a question. Bob Gaudet is I believe a good coach and has brought in through the years some solid forwards and dmen. It seems to me that the missing link for better success than he has had is that he has never been able to recruit a "lights-out" goalie to support the team. Is that a fair assessment?
      Yes I would agree with you as the Big Green has NOT had that "light-out" goalie that can "steal" a game for you especially when it counts, battling for playoff positioning or on the path to Lake Placid. Although the goalies has had their moments such as Grant "standing on his head" to sweep Yale last year in quarters to move onto Lake Placid, however, that seems like a distant memory. While the goalies are/were good, I not sure you can classify them as a true #1 as as shown the goalie shuffle in the past. It's one thing to share or get playing time but when the shuffling happens many times during the season, that makes a big statement.

Comment

Nick Boucher was an outstanding goalie even he seemed to have problems with Gaudet who seems to be way to be impatient with his goaltenders. Sadly I think Gaudet has become stale. He is a really great guy and been good for the program but seems to need a new assistant who could bring some new life to the program.

Comment

Bump to move Asian spam off first page.

Comment

• Bump
            RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

• Originally posted by chickod View Post
              Bump to move Asian spam off first page.
              RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

Looking for the following contestants. Just a friendly reminder that you have until Friday night at 7PM to get your picks into the ECAC Pick the Playoffs 2017.

Contestant
                BIG Green
                Brett Gobe
                cudmud
                goldenbriggsy
                Halloweenman
                johnk
                Mike Hutter
                NorthernLite
                Rjm7272
                SLU'75
                sshablak
                still an empty net
                Turk
                Vaportrail
                Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Good luck to all team in the quarters! Feeling a bit jealous as the Big Green's season is over. Time to take those learnings from this past season and improve on them for the next season with the returning players. While only losing 4 seniors of which 3 of whom are considerable playing time, incoming recruits are vital, meaning not the quantity but the quality and the "right" ones. And the process starts now if it has NOT started already.

I will post my end of the season's reflections after the the entire ECAC season concludes!

Comment

A BIG Big Green congrats to Hahvaard, Union, Cornell, and Quinnipiac for moving on to Lake Placid. For the most parts, the favorites won (Q beating ST. L is not really an upset). These four teams got stronger towards the end when it counted most..kudos to you. Not more than two months ago, 4 - 10 was a crap-shoot! Good luck to all as Lake Placid is both nostalgic and picturesque.

Comment

Looks like I will be flying solo on this thread as the only Big Green fan unless someone else steps up. I know you are out there....jump on board and help me out with some helpful information to keep the Big Green fans appraised about Dartmouth hockey!

To that end , I will post my season ending thoughts in a year that was after the Lake Placid finals. Did not want to take away from the finals. Look for Harvard to beat Cornell 3-1 in an All Ivy League final. Good luck to all teams!

Comment

BIG Green, having seen both UML and Cornell this season, do you have any thoughts on that match up for this coming weekend?

Comment

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
                          BIG Green, having seen both UML and Cornell this season, do you have any thoughts on that match up for this coming weekend?
                          UML and Harvard were the two most offensively explosiveness teams we have seen. I believe Harvard has more overall depth top to bottom. The PP on these teams were lethal. UML works for the one-timer on the weakside, mostly off the right hand circle with a leftie shot. The finishes on thse one-timers were of NHL-caliber, bar-down and hard, our goalie had no chance. I do remember that UML was predominantly lefties and CJ Smith and Gambardella were outstanding. You guys can get up and down with speed and skill. Whereas Cornell has a really BIG team, kind of lumbering so they like to play down low on O and win board battles and scrums in front of the net. So we have two different styles of play...whichever team imposes their style will win. If I were a betting man and I picked Cornell losing to Harvard in the ECAC final, I would say UML takes this one 4-2, too much fire power, the same kind that Harvard gave Cornell fits to.

Comment

Once again a trip to Lake Placid to see the Dartmouth jersey hanging from the rafters with no titles under it,interesting that the other team with no titles is a Gaudet clone.I'm sure it will remain status quo at Thompson but sooner or later the A.D. has to take notice how much the fan base has eroded in the last 5 years

Comment

Working...
                            X