BGSU Falcons 2016-17: Rolling Along to the United Center

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BGSU Falcons 2016-17: Rolling Along to the United Center

Lifeless offense, worthless powerplay, Nell stands on his head for 60 minutes. One game in and the boys have already hit midseason form.
    BGSU Class of 2017

Comment

OSU won at Denver...wow solid win for them.

Starting to think if we can get through this six of eight games on the road to start the season at 4-4 would be solid.

Comment

Two dismal performances at BSU to start the year off.

Worst back-to-back performances by this team in a very long time......not sure what's going on. Reading their own hype maybe?? IDK.

They better get their heads on straight real quick or with the early schedule ahead they could be 0-8 before they know what happened.

Comment

Originally posted by bravohankins View Post
          OSU won at Denver...wow solid win for them.

Starting to think if we can get through this six of eight games on the road to start the season at 4-4 would be solid.
          Went out to Denver to see the Buckeyes this weekend and they played very well against Denver they ran out of gas at the end but held on. See you guys on the 21st

Comment

Well BG outplayed Western for long stretches of that game and out shot them 31-22......pretty disappointing to come away with the tie after having a 2 goal lead with under 10 minutes to play.

I hate to say this, but Chris Nell has got to be better. 3 of Westerns 4 goals were just too soft. Pucks he's stopped the last 2 years. I know he has had a tough Fall with his Dad's passing, but his game is just not there right now. 3 very average performances to start the season. He had 1 save in the 3rd...O-N-E......2 goals on 3 shots......smh. Through 3 games his save % is .865. Not good enough on a team with limited offensive ability.
            Last edited by bravohankins; 10-14-2016, 09:40 PM.

Comment

I couldn't make it to the game, but my dad (ex hockey coach) was there and sent me his assessment. Anyone see anything different? We aren't going anywhere until we can figure out how to keep teams from putting up a 5-spot on us.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              Way too many 3 on 2's for Ohio State. We would put 3 in the corner again and I don't think we got good control of the puck more than 5 or 6 times. Even 3 in the corner when 1 man short. You can guess what happened then. Katey bar the door as they broke out and Nell made some great saves with our one defenseman taking on three of them.

Out shot them but not the best shots sometimes. We pulled Nell with about 1 1/2 minutes to go - put two of our guys in front of their goalie with great position but it seemed all we did was pass the puck around the perimeter and never took a shot on goal. Some guys standing near us went ballistic when BG did not shoot.

We let a lot of their guys stand in front of Nell without taking them out and he got slammed a number of times. Also two of their goals came on the same situation - Ohio State wing standing open near the crease - Nell had no chance.

Three of our goals were really good plays with shots in the corner of the net - one from the point. Ohio State Goalie had little chance on those shots.

Lot of elbows and hitting going on - interference and boarding - not like last week where a bunch of penalties called.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kowv6l2CBD0
                BGSU Class of 2017

Comment

Hawkins is transferring to Northeastern. He has 2 years of eligibility after he sits the rest of this season.
                  BGSU Class of 2017

Comment

Thought I'd bump our anemic season thread to the top with this item. During the reception for season ticket holders last night Moose mentioned the Nacho's reached out to us to gauge our interest in joining (this was NOT an invite from them, simply an inquiry) and that we turned them down. I followed up with Moose later in the evening, apparently there were some big discussions with Berge, Dr. Mazey, and others and that it didn't make sense for us. I assume this took place around the same time as the ASU/MSU dance earlier this year.

If Moose is mentioning it publicly it's clearly no longer top secret...any folks who are closer the program have further insights they're willing to share?

Comment

Originally posted by TalonsUpPuckDown View Post
                      Thought I'd bump our anemic season thread to the top with this item. During the reception for season ticket holders last night Moose mentioned the Nacho's reached out to us to gauge our interest in joining (this was NOT an invite from them, simply an inquiry) and that we turned them down. I followed up with Moose later in the evening, apparently there were some big discussions with Berge, Dr. Mazey, and others and that it didn't make sense for us. I assume this took place around the same time as the ASU/MSU dance earlier this year.

If Moose is mentioning it publicly it's clearly no longer top secret...any folks who are closer the program have further insights they're willing to share?
                      BG's travel budget would see a huge increase if it were in the NCHC, especially if Arizona St also joined.
                      "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Week 14, Series 39 Prediction: Bemidji State at Bowling Green

Hi guys!

GFM
                        Geof F. Morris
                        UAH BSE MAE 2002
                        UAHHockey.com

Comment

I see Bemidji is winless in OOC play... can Scooter sow on some CCHA patches for the weekend?
                          BGSU Class of 2017

Comment

What's up with the highlights that Bowling Green puts out to the WCHA website? No highlights of the BSU goals? Every other school that I have seen post highlights have shown all goals scored in the game......
                            Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
                            FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                            NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
                            NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
                            NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
                            NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
                            Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
                            Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

Originally posted by beaverhockeyfan View Post
                              What's up with the highlights that Bowling Green puts out to the WCHA website? No highlights of the BSU goals? Every other school that I have seen post highlights have shown all goals scored in the game......
                              No, Tech does it that way too. It's disappointing we have to pretend our team can do no wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by redwing61 View Post
                                No, Tech does it that way too. It's disappointing we have to pretend our team can do no wrong.
                                I guess I have only watched the clips from games that BSU has played, but when BSU played at Tech earlier this year, the Beaver goals were also included in the highlights.
                                Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
                                FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                                NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
                                NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
                                NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
                                NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
                                Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
                                Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

Working...
                                X