Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: BGSU Falcons 2016-17: Rolling Along to the United Center

Quote Originally Posted by bravohankins View Post
    This is the double edged sword of scheduling these exhibitions with CIS teams.

Granted you get to get your team on the ice and see some combinations live, however these CIS teams always come in with chips on their shoulders (why did nobody offer me a US Scholarship?) and tend to just goon things up, especially if/when they get behind. Not sure this game gives BG anything to work from with all the penalties and now we have 3 guys not playing a league game on Friday.

Just dumb, stop scheduling these garbage CIS teams.
    A lot of players went the Major Junior route and are ineligible for NCAA.

Orange & BROWN Forever!!!

Re: BGSU Falcons 2016-17: Rolling Along to the United Center

Quote Originally Posted by pdt1081 View Post
    A lot of players went the Major Junior route and are ineligible for NCAA.
    One of their players (#16 Steve Anthony) played for the Cincinnati Cyclones of the ECHL last year.
    #RelentlessFalconHockey
    #NeverGiveUp
    #NeverSurrender

GO BG!!
    Falcons Forever!!

Seeing Other People

Saw BG was playing in the 2017 GLI at the new Wings arena in Detroit. Congrats to the Falcons, should be an exciting tournament. Here's to high ticket sales and high TV ratings! The GLI is better with local schools.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Dream No. 2 View Post
    Saw BG was playing in the 2017 GLI at the new Wings arena in Detroit. Congrats to the Falcons, should be an exciting tournament. Here's to high ticket sales and high TV ratings! The GLI is better with local schools.
    Definitely looking forward to it! BG hasn't been in a holiday tournament in quite a while for various reasons. Next year we are in the GLI and the following year we will be in a Thanksgiving tournament at Notre Dame. Another sign, at least to me, that the program is continuing to make strides.

Lineup for Friday

Nell

Smith-Dalton
    Rauhauser-Walker
    McDonald-Pohlkamp

Baylis-Spezia-Schilling
    Dufour-Mercier-Pohlkamp
    McKeown-Bednard-Letourmeau
    Meier-Craggs

Couple of things:
    1) No Brett D'Andrea on the trip......kind of odd after he scores two goals in the exhibition and was on the PP. Don't remember him being injured.
    2) They ARE playing a forward short after Berg said they would NOT play a forward short as they had plenty of healthy bodies??

Weirdness to start the season with this team......first Hawkins is gone and now they do exactly what they said they would not do earlier in the week??

Lineup for Friday

Nell

Smith-Dalton
    Rauhauser-Walker
    McDonald-Pohlkamp

Baylis-Spezia-Schilling
    Dufour-Mercier-Pohlkamp
    Meier-Craggs

Couple of things:
    1) No Brett D'Andrea on the trip......kind of odd after he scores two goals in the exhibition and was on the PP. Don't remember him being injured.
    2) They ARE playing a forward short after Berg said they would NOT play a forward short as they had plenty of healthy bodies??

Weirdness to start the season with this team......first Hawkins is gone and now they do exactly what they said they would not do earlier in the week??
    Bergeron is practicing for his run for president in 4 years.

Roll along you BG Warriors!

Lineup for Friday

Nell

Smith-Dalton
    Rauhauser-Walker
    McDonald-Pohlkamp

Baylis-Spezia-Schilling
    Dufour-Mercier-Pohlkamp
    Meier-Craggs

Couple of things:

Bemidji announcers mentioned that D'Andrea has an upper body injury. They also mentioned that Hawkins is sitting out a year and transferring. They didn't elaborate.

And our first power play looked pretty anemic.

Well, we look like a team that has 4 regulars out with the D'Andrea injury now. 4th line is non-existent with just the two Frosh on it tonight......ugh.

Hopefully we can come back and at least get a point out of tonight and get the 3 guys back tomorrow.

9 shots through 2 periods. 2 shots total in the second with a couple of power plays. Ugh.

Berg just said "we had a kid quit" on the 2nd period intermission show. So there you have it. Anybody know where he's going? Not that it matters at this point.

Absolute horrible 1st period cost them the game. Out played BSU the last 30 minutes, but you don't get anything for playing 30 minutes.

I see we are still horrible at draws. That's where D'Andrea being out hurts. He's the only guy that wins draws. PP is tough when you lose every draw and then have to chase the puck.

Oh well, get the split tomorrow with a full lineup of guys.

Unworthy Admirer of Alice Cooper

Lifeless offense, worthless powerplay, Nell stands on his head for 60 minutes. One game in and the boys have already hit midseason form.
    "We are proud of this school in any type of weather." -the original Bleacher Creatures

"If the movie Slapshot was about college hockey, it would have been filmed here." -Stadium Journey review, on the BGSU Ice Arena

My Greatest Life Achievement
    Also My Greatest Life Achievement

OSU won at Denver...wow solid win for them.

Starting to think if we can get through this six of eight games on the road to start the season at 4-4 would be solid.

Two dismal performances at BSU to start the year off.

Worst back-to-back performances by this team in a very long time......not sure what's going on. Reading their own hype maybe?? IDK.

They better get their heads on straight real quick or with the early schedule ahead they could be 0-8 before they know what happened.

OSU won at Denver...wow solid win for them.

Starting to think if we can get through this six of eight games on the road to start the season at 4-4 would be solid.
    Went out to Denver to see the Buckeyes this weekend and they played very well against Denver they ran out of gas at the end but held on. See you guys on the 21st

Well BG outplayed Western for long stretches of that game and out shot them 31-22......pretty disappointing to come away with the tie after having a 2 goal lead with under 10 minutes to play.

I hate to say this, but Chris Nell has got to be better. 3 of Westerns 4 goals were just too soft. Pucks he's stopped the last 2 years. I know he has had a tough Fall with his Dad's passing, but his game is just not there right now. 3 very average performances to start the season. He had 1 save in the 3rd...O-N-E......2 goals on 3 shots......smh. Through 3 games his save % is .865. Not good enough on a team with limited offensive ability.
    Last edited by bravohankins; 10-14-2016 at 09:40 PM.

I couldn't make it to the game, but my dad (ex hockey coach) was there and sent me his assessment. Anyone see anything different? We aren't going anywhere until we can figure out how to keep teams from putting up a 5-spot on us.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Way too many 3 on 2's for Ohio State. We would put 3 in the corner again and I don't think we got good control of the puck more than 5 or 6 times. Even 3 in the corner when 1 man short. You can guess what happened then. Katey bar the door as they broke out and Nell made some great saves with our one defenseman taking on three of them.

Out shot them but not the best shots sometimes. We pulled Nell with about 1 1/2 minutes to go - put two of our guys in front of their goalie with great position but it seemed all we did was pass the puck around the perimeter and never took a shot on goal. Some guys standing near us went ballistic when BG did not shoot.

We let a lot of their guys stand in front of Nell without taking them out and he got slammed a number of times. Also two of their goals came on the same situation - Ohio State wing standing open near the crease - Nell had no chance.

Three of our goals were really good plays with shots in the corner of the net - one from the point. Ohio State Goalie had little chance on those shots.

Lot of elbows and hitting going on - interference and boarding - not like last week where a bunch of penalties called.

"We are proud of this school in any type of weather." -the original Bleacher Creatures

"If the movie Slapshot was about college hockey, it would have been filmed here." -Stadium Journey review, on the BGSU Ice Arena

Hawkins is transferring to Northeastern. He has 2 years of eligibility after he sits the rest of this season.

Thought I'd bump our anemic season thread to the top with this item. During the reception for season ticket holders last night Moose mentioned the Nacho's reached out to us to gauge our interest in joining (this was NOT an invite from them, simply an inquiry) and that we turned them down. I followed up with Moose later in the evening, apparently there were some big discussions with Berge, Dr. Mazey, and others and that it didn't make sense for us. I assume this took place around the same time as the ASU/MSU dance earlier this year.

If Moose is mentioning it publicly it's clearly no longer top secret...any folks who are closer the program have further insights they're willing to share?

Quote Originally Posted by TalonsUpPuckDown View Post
    Thought I'd bump our anemic season thread to the top with this item. During the reception for season ticket holders last night Moose mentioned the Nacho's reached out to us to gauge our interest in joining (this was NOT an invite from them, simply an inquiry) and that we turned them down. I followed up with Moose later in the evening, apparently there were some big discussions with Berge, Dr. Mazey, and others and that it didn't make sense for us. I assume this took place around the same time as the ASU/MSU dance earlier this year.

If Moose is mentioning it publicly it's clearly no longer top secret...any folks who are closer the program have further insights they're willing to share?
    BG's travel budget would see a huge increase if it were in the NCHC, especially if Arizona St also joined.

Thread Information