X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: DEAD!! All right, who died now?

Originally posted by MadTownSioux View Post
    Keion Carpenter, ex-Bills and Falcons safety

Wow, this is a freak accident. And right in front of his son.
    That's scary. Literally could happen to anyone at any time.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Kep - Chris Cannizzaro, 78.
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

This is pretty funny.
        That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
          Kep - Chris Cannizzaro, 78.
          I guess we'll have all passed balls now.
          Cornell University
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
            That's scary. Literally could happen to anyone at any time.
            Yep. A friend of mine and his father were watching a snowmobile race on a frozen lake - literally just standing still - when his father slipped, hit his head on the ice, and never regained consciousness. One minute, having a great time with his son, the next moment, gone.

Let your loved ones know it every. single. day.
            If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
              Yep. A friend of mine and his father were watching a snowmobile race on a frozen lake - literally just standing still - when his father slipped, hit his head on the ice, and never regained consciousness. One minute, having a great time with his son, the next moment, gone.

Let your loved ones know it every. single. day.
              I was at Van Andel Arena this past March when referee Butch Mousseau lost his balance on the ice while watching warm-ups. You just never know when.
              Last edited by NMUFAN; 12-30-2016, 09:15 PM.

Comment

Ronda Rousey's career. She done. IMO, mental block. After that first loss, she ain't the same.

Got her arse WHUPPED tonight.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                  Ronda Rousey's career. She done. IMO, mental block. After that first loss, she ain't the same.

As is the story with every "SUPER AMAZING" UFC fighter. That "sport" is a joke...
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post

Yeah, she is smart enough to know that getting hit in the head is stupid and a sure way to ruin your life.
                    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
                      Yeah, she is smart enough to know that getting hit in the head is stupid and a sure way to ruin your life.
                      She just made $62,500 a second for doing so. I think she'll be alright.

I agree that she'll almost certainly never step foot into an octagon again.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                        As is the story with every "SUPER AMAZING" UFC fighter. That "sport" is a joke...
                        Well, in boxing they'd just have fixed her fights so she won. I've never watched a second of UFC, but my impression is at least it's honest.
                        Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                          Well, in boxing they'd just have fixed her fights so she won. I've never watched a second of UFC, but my impression is at least it's honest.
                          Just because boxing is dirty doesnt make UFC better than it. UFC is a joke. They overpromote the stars who then lose so then they overpromote the person who beat the star who then loses. Once the big dawg loses their career is all but over. Not to mention that as a Martial Artist MMA has watered down multiple forms of Martial Arts.

Great story about that...there is an MMA training gym in Minneapolis and they thought they could show up at one our schools and fight...they got flipping destroyed!
                          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

In a hundred years, we are going to look back on this as we now look back on the gladiators as barbaric.
                            Code:
                            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                            Originally posted by SanTropez
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                            Originally posted by Kepler
                            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post

Her career isn't dead, Stephanie McMahon is on line 1.
                              U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                              Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                              I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                              But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                              Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                                Her career isn't dead, Stephanie McMahon is on line 1.
                                Good point. Her MMA career is done. I stand corrected.
                                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Working...
                                X