Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 93

Thread: BC Women's Hockey '16-'17: New Year, New Look

  1. #1
    #SOAR TonyTheTiger20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    East Hampton, CT
    Posts
    9,463

    BC Women's Hockey '16-'17: New Year, New Look

    I interviewed Kinger to talk about the new year:

    http://www.bcinterruption.com/boston...ey-hockey-east

  2. #2
    #SOAR TonyTheTiger20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    East Hampton, CT
    Posts
    9,463

    Re: BC Women's Hockey '16-'17: New Year, New Look

    BC falls to the Pride 3-2, very impressive result. Happy with that. Shots 25-20 Pride, but 18-14 BC the last two periods.

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,579

    Re: BC Women's Hockey '16-'17: New Year, New Look

    Did anyone see the cupcake feast last night and would like to share on what they saw?...Anyone?
    There is a certain irony that appears lost on the NFL players who decided to kneel for the Star Spangled Banner and then stood for God Save the Queen.

  4. #4
    #SOAR TonyTheTiger20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    East Hampton, CT
    Posts
    9,463
    Quote Originally Posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
    Did anyone see the cupcake feast last night and would like to share on what they saw?...Anyone?
    That game never happened.

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,579

    Re: BC Women's Hockey '16-'17: New Year, New Look

    Quote Originally Posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
    That game never happened.
    From the Rivulettes' perspective that would probably be best.
    There is a certain irony that appears lost on the NFL players who decided to kneel for the Star Spangled Banner and then stood for God Save the Queen.

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,228

    Re: BC Women's Hockey '16-'17: New Year, New Look

    Quote Originally Posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
    That game never happened.
    But many games with this one in them, did.

    Thought you might like this, it's several months old but I just stumbled across it...

    http://www.letsplayhockey.com/online...-the-oval.html

  7. #7
    #SOAR TonyTheTiger20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    East Hampton, CT
    Posts
    9,463

    Re: BC Women's Hockey '16-'17: New Year, New Look

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbeard View Post
    But many games with this one in them, did.

    Thought you might like this, it's several months old but I just stumbled across it...

    http://www.letsplayhockey.com/online...-the-oval.html
    Oh man, awesome. Allie was the reason me and joegrav first got into women's hockey. Granted, it was her strong right hook, but still.

    It's so cool to see her doing so many things after graduating.

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,228

    Re: BC Women's Hockey '16-'17: New Year, New Look

    Quote Originally Posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
    Allie was the reason me and joegrav first got into women's hockey.
    Yes, I was aware of that since you've told me that before...which is why I posted it for you.

    Most amazing skater that I ever recall seeing. Saw her playing here about 5-6 years ago and it was hard to believe what I was witnessing. Made everyone else including several other very elite NCAA players on the ice with her look like pylons.

  9. #9
    #SOAR TonyTheTiger20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    East Hampton, CT
    Posts
    9,463

    Re: BC Women's Hockey '16-'17: New Year, New Look

    I previewed the weekend series with Runnin' With The Dogs:

    http://www.bcinterruption.com/boston...-with-the-dogs

    We answered questions for them as well, I'll post when it goes up on RWD.

  10. #10
    #SOAR TonyTheTiger20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    East Hampton, CT
    Posts
    9,463

    Re: BC Women's Hockey '16-'17: New Year, New Look

    Quote Originally Posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
    I previewed the weekend series with Runnin' With The Dogs:

    http://www.bcinterruption.com/boston...-with-the-dogs

    We answered questions for them as well, I'll post when it goes up on RWD.
    Here's their Q&A with me: https://runninwiththedogs.com/2016/0...-interruption/

  11. #11
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Minny
    Posts
    1,236

    Re: BC Women's Hockey '16-'17: New Year, New Look

    Quote Originally Posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
    Those are good q & a's.

    I'm with ARM, I don't think Buttmidji is going to disappear.

  12. #12
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,579

    Re: BC Women's Hockey '16-'17: New Year, New Look

    Quote Originally Posted by KTDC View Post
    Those are good q & a's.

    I'm with ARM, I don't think Buttmidji is going to disappear.
    This forum...sometimes.

    A Scanlan coached Bemidji team will be in the mix to finish in the 3rd to 5th position in THE league.
    There is a certain irony that appears lost on the NFL players who decided to kneel for the Star Spangled Banner and then stood for God Save the Queen.

  13. #13
    #SOAR TonyTheTiger20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    East Hampton, CT
    Posts
    9,463

    Re: BC Women's Hockey '16-'17: New Year, New Look

    Recap: http://www.bcinterruption.com/boston...h-bulldogs-3-3

    Fun game, but really disappointing not to come away with the win. There will be a lot of concern if BC can't win this afternoon.

    Amazing save by Rooney in OT.

  14. #14
    Let's go RED!
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Juneau WI
    Posts
    8,969

    Re: BC Women's Hockey '16-'17: New Year, New Look

    Quote Originally Posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
    Wow. That is the gold standard for how to cover a hockey game. Is covering BC your full time job?
    Wisconsin Hockey: 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

  15. #15
    #SOAR TonyTheTiger20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    East Hampton, CT
    Posts
    9,463

    Re: BC Women's Hockey '16-'17: New Year, New Look

    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy A View Post
    Wow. That is the gold standard for how to cover a hockey game. Is covering BC your full time job?
    Wow thank you -- I wish it was! No, just a hobby.

  16. #16
    Let's go RED!
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Juneau WI
    Posts
    8,969

    Re: BC Women's Hockey '16-'17: New Year, New Look

    Quote Originally Posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
    Wow thank you -- I wish it was! No, just a hobby.
    Someone needs to pay you. I wish I had the talent and time to do that for UW.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

  17. #17
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,579

    Re: BC Women's Hockey '16-'17: New Year, New Look

    UMD is up 3-0 on BC about halfway through the second period so far this afternoon.

    Ahhh...Make that 4-0 as Brykaliuk scores her 4th goal of the weekend.
    Last edited by FiveHoleFrenzy; 10-01-2016 at 04:06 PM.
    There is a certain irony that appears lost on the NFL players who decided to kneel for the Star Spangled Banner and then stood for God Save the Queen.

  18. #18
    #SOAR TonyTheTiger20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    East Hampton, CT
    Posts
    9,463

    Re: BC Women's Hockey '16-'17: New Year, New Look

    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy A View Post
    Someone needs to pay you. I wish I had the talent and time to do that for UW.
    Well I very much appreciate that -- I get paid a small stipend from SB Nation that roughly covers what it costs to stream stuff, plus a little extra, but it's really just pocket change. I started out unpaid a few years ago, and still would be regardless of money. I do it because I love the team and love letting people know they exist.

  19. #19
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,579

    Re: BC Women's Hockey '16-'17: New Year, New Look

    0-2-1 in their last three...nowhere to go but up now that their done with the WCHA for awhile. .
    There is a certain irony that appears lost on the NFL players who decided to kneel for the Star Spangled Banner and then stood for God Save the Queen.

  20. #20
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,309

    Re: BC Women's Hockey '16-'17: New Year, New Look

    Quote Originally Posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
    Well I very much appreciate that -- I get paid a small stipend from SB Nation that roughly covers what it costs to stream stuff, plus a little extra, but it's really just pocket change. I started out unpaid a few years ago, and still would be regardless of money. I do it because I love the team and love letting people know they exist.
    99.9% of writers never get paid what they're worth. Trust me on this.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •