Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Recruiting Vol. III - Building a better tomorrow...today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DPlaya View Post
    That is never updated. For example, Zach Solow has played with Dubuque this year and last year.

However saying that, both him and Bliss playing in the NAHL lead me to believe neither will come to UW.
    WISCONSIN BADGERS
    NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
    WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
    WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
    B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
    Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

Re: Wisconsin Recruiting Vol. III - Building a better tomorrow...today!

As I stated in the normal season thread, the signings of Inamoto, Baker, and the Dhooghe's became official today. Milewski said in his article, out today, that Gildon could not be signed based on the NCAAs rule of not be able to have 18 or more players on scholarship. Which means once Besse and/or Kunin leave after the season, Gildon can be signed on or after April 12th.
      WISCONSIN BADGERS
      WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013

Comment

So Mersch is out of the picture then or did he sign a LOI with Eaves?
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
          No, I believe Mersch is still in the picture. Wisconsin may have someone other than just Kunin leave early. Or they may make more "cuts". I'm still interested/hopeful to see if Philip Nyberg makes it on campus this year.

Comment

Either he signs after the season or comes to UW in 2018.
            WISCONSIN BADGERS

Comment

While nobody can replace Andy (Chuck Schwartz), who I still follow on "The Twitter", I've got to say we've got a great bunch of guys on top of the recruiting biz. I may or may not have the time to do what you guys do, I just don't have the patience! Thanks for all you guys do.

Years ago I mentioned, ".....now that my family and I are physically out of hockey, I am getting out of the business of analyzing the game, players and positions (esp in G), to enjoy it much more..."

I have, and I do......thank you!
              "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

I can't say that I'm contributing anywhere near what Andy was doing, but I enjoy doing what I am doing. Keeping up to date on the kids that are coming in to rebuild Wisconsin hockey has been an incredibly fun endeavor to take on.

As far as Nyberg is concerned, I've still heard that they're trying to get him in for the 2nd semester.
                Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
                  I can't say that I'm contributing anywhere near what Andy was doing, but I enjoy doing what I am doing. Keeping up to date on the kids that are coming in to rebuild Wisconsin hockey has been an incredibly fun endeavor to take on.

As far as Nyberg is concerned, I've still heard that they're trying to get him in for the 2nd semester.
                  Your recruiting charts are indispensable and very much appreciated. I cannot emphasizes enough how much they mean to me. 20 years ago I could only dream of such a thing as a recruiting spreadsheet. The only recruiting info was when they signed LOI's and the State Journal had an article. That was about it. Even with Twitter telling us when people commit, the spreadsheet is gold.

Mersch....his numbers aren't very impressive....not that it's all about scoring, but that is a big part of the game.

Comment

Mersch....his numbers aren't very impressive....not that it's all about scoring, but that is a big part of the game.
                    The NHL draft ranking have Mersch a 4-6 round guy, so he's no chopped liver or anything. Ess and Lebedeff are also 4-6 round, Gildon & Imomato are 2-3 rounders.

Comment

The NHL draft ranking have Mersch a 4-6 round guy, so he's no chopped liver or anything. Ess and Lebedeff are also 4-6 round, Gildon & Imomato are 2-3 rounders.
                      Gildon as a B rated guy makes way more sense then his initial C rating. I had seen him in a few mock draft's first rounds, but consistently as a 2nd rounder in almost all.

Comment

Originally posted by markwojo View Post
                        Gildon as a B rated guy makes way more sense then his initial C rating. I had seen him in a few mock draft's first rounds, but consistently as a 2nd rounder in almost all.
                        He was initially projected as a top 10 pick.
                        WISCONSIN BADGERS

Comment

Originally posted by UWisco View Post
                          He was initially projected as a top 10 pick.
                          I think at one time Will Butcher was a projected top 5 pick.

Comment

Badger recruits Baker and Messner named to USA World Junior A Challenge Team
                            http://bit.ly/2fZ0OCj

Comment

Guess someone needs to get to the bottom of the Nyberg story on the recruiting end of things.

Comment

In tweeting with TDM, he says Nyberg is not a lock for next year, Buffalo might want him to play MJ, just too soon to tell at this point. I think based on this it doesn't look good. If he was coming this fall, then the 2nd semester, why all of a sudden would the brakes get applied to his coming to UW at all? Either it's academics or Buffalo pushing the brakes.

Comment

Working...
                                X