Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Recruiting Vol. III - Building a better tomorrow...today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Recruiting Vol. III - Building a better tomorrow...today!

Originally posted by wisctjk View Post
    yep, but still need that highly rated goalie.
    bad!
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Apparently they are listening to you and going for a Russian goalie now.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=326698

Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Жуков played against the Capitols Friday night. He's a big boy.
        Last edited by MadCityRich; 01-29-2018, 07:19 PM.
        "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
          Жуков played against the Capitols Friday night. He's a big boy.
          191 cm and 85kg. He seems to be an elite player, I wonder why he hasn't hooked up with anyone yet. Of course if he's channeling his commie roots playing for UW will get him in the right town in the right colors.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
            191 cm and 85kg. He seems to be an elite player, I wonder why he hasn't hooked up with anyone yet. Of course if he's channeling his commie roots playing for UW will get him in the right town in the right colors.
            That's 6'-3" 190 lbs for those that aren't Canadian and know the metric system!

His save % is less than Jurusik and he is just under Matt in GAA.

8 33 Maksim Zhukov GB 30 16 10 1 1 750 67 2.38 0.911 2 1691 2 1 6 3 0.500
            9 35 Cole Weaver DBQ 16 8 7 1 0 363 38 2.42 0.895 1 941 1 1 2 0 1.000
            10 30 Matej Tomek WAT 17 8 6 2 1 451 42 2.47 0.907 1 1022 2 1 11 1 0.909
            11 30 Matt Jurusik SC 29 14 10 3 1 823 69 2.52 0.916 0 1641 6 5 21 2 0.905

But to be fair, he is A rated in NHL rating service: http://www.ushl.com/view#/player/7097/62/maksim-zhukov
            Last edited by WiscTJK; 01-30-2018, 07:18 AM.
            gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

• Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
              Apparently they are listening to you and going for a Russian goalie now.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=326698
              Maybe that's what it'll take for everyone to understand how fun it is to chant ШАЙБУ! ШАЙБУ! ШАЙБУ!

Comment

Yes please on Ruskie goalie taken in the top 100 of the NHL draft. As far as comparisons to the dearly departed Jurusik, I'll take the one putting up similar stats that is 2 years younger and has a pedigree vastly superior...representing his country in international tournaments, playing in the USHL at 17 verses the Janesville Jets, drafted verses not, etc.

The big question mark going forward is clearly goaltending. While Berry has been better this year then last, he also turns 22 in a couple of weeks and I am guessing we are nearing his ceiling as a player. Big Ruskie has an elite pedigree that gives you a chance at a different level of play in net (or at the very least someone that should push Berry to have to make another incremental improvement going into his junior season).

Oz has the D grouping next year looking something similar to the grouping that peaked out as the 2010 national runner up that had McDonagh, Smith, Schultz, Goloubef, Gardiner, & Ramage. Our frosh grouping of Weissback, Baker, and Dhooghe are showing promise and we will add Stevens, Ranta, Gorniak, Caufield, Turcotte, and St Phalle among others to them in the next couple of seasons.

Comment

Did you guys see Caufield's numbers so far? 40 goals in 34 games with the u17 ntdp. Next closest in goals on the team is 14. Ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by Innova View Post
                    Did you guys see Caufield's numbers so far? 40 goals in 34 games with the u17 ntdp. Next closest in goals on the team is 14. Ridiculous.
                    Edit: Stats page was wrong.
                    Last edited by gwhinwi; 01-31-2018, 07:17 AM.

Comment

One and done, eh? TG has no issues pushing guys out the door if it's better for them.

Comment

Impressive amount of goals fur sure. But 5'-6" 146 lbs? yikes. bulk up young man. Can he come in and play at that weight and not get injured? for comparison Sean Dhooghe is 5'-3" and 150 lbs.

you can't hit what you can't catch I guess...

He'd be giving up 70 pounds to Greenway....
                        Last edited by WiscTJK; 01-30-2018, 01:48 PM.
                        gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
                          Maybe that's what it'll take for everyone to understand how fun it is to chant ШАЙБУ! ШАЙБУ! ШАЙБУ!
                          washer, washer, washer?

I know there are some Gambler fans here. Can anybody give us a visual on Maksim Zhukov? I stood behind him Friday night not knowing he was a recruit, but I didn't pay much attention.
                          Last edited by MadCityRich; 01-30-2018, 09:59 PM.

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

• Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                            washer, washer, washer?
                            Nah, it's the universal chant for hockey in Russia; the word is "puck." (I was waiting for someone to try a translation ) It's in a grammatical case indicating direct object, so it implies "go get/attack/pass/whatever the puck."

Шайба is the word for puck. Pronunciation: "SHY-ba"

Шайбу...rather, ШАЙБУ!!! is what you chant.
                            Шайбу is pronounced "SHY-boo."

It's really fun, and it's a good one for hockey fans to have in their pockets when they're feeling it and want to really get things going!

Comment

Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
                              Nah, it's the universal chant for hockey in Russia; the word is "puck." (I was waiting for someone to try a translation ) It's in a grammatical case indicating direct object, so it implies "go get/attack/pass/whatever the puck."

Шайба is the word for puck. Pronunciation: "SHY-ba"

Шайбу...rather, ШАЙБУ!!! is what you chant.
                              Шайбу is pronounced "SHY-boo."

It's really fun, and it's a good one for hockey fans to have in their pockets when they're feeling it and want to really get things going!
                              Wow, now THAT'S confusing...I copied and pasted to Google Translate and got "washer". I did a better search and found the following; washer, puck, shim, collar, spacer.

I'm sticking to Hebrew, that's always been tough enough for me.

Comment

Tony Granato is now following Zhukov on Twitter. Seems like an announcement might be forthcoming.

Comment

Working...
                                X