Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Recruiting Vol. III - Building a better tomorrow...today!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Recruiting Vol. III - Building a better tomorrow...today!

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
    This is an official shout out to concentrate on future goaltenders. Not Tier 2 Junior hockey tenders. This program should have Tier 1, 5 star, confident, arrogant big timers. If we need Bill Howard to help, call his *** and get him.
    I am guessing the Janesville Jet didn't meet your qualification......
    gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

• Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
      Should Lebedeff meet the qualification?

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
        This is an official shout out to concentrate on future goaltenders. Not Tier 2 Junior hockey tenders. This program should have Tier 1, 5 star, confident, arrogant big timers. If we need Bill Howard to help, call his *** and get him.
        As you know, the problem with missing on goalies/having them bail is that the fix is not a quick one. Somehow TG had Hayton fall into his lap but that is a bust. Berry' got 2 more years left, is he a title level goalie? They need one because the next 2 years the rest of the team will be ready for a title run based on talent. Daniel Lebedeff doesn't scream stud at this point. I am shocked this staff has not landed a gold standard goalie. If you look at the top 10 goalies in the ncaa's, Union, Clarkson, Umass, Bowling Green, Colgate & Minnesota State all have top 10 goalies. I do believe UW should be able to out-recruit these schools for goalies.

The Vernon Vipers have 2 goalies that are uncommitted, one is a 97 and one is a 99, both have 2.00/.93 numbers. They are ranked 2 and 3 in the BCHL. The number one guy is a sue. The top guy in the AJHL, a 98 is uncommitted and is 1.38/.944. Anyone of these 3 guys could come in any play next year. Whose has some time to fly up there and take a look? I'd rather take a guy playing in the BCHL or the AJHL than the NAHL if I had to pick sight unseen. The Jets have 2 home games the 29th & 30th, I may just bomb down there for some intelligence, thought the MN Magicians are only a .500 team, I'm not sure what kind of test that will be to watch. Simon Sagissor is on the Jets, cool to see Alum kids playing like that.

Life's full of tough decisions, but had Jurusik decided to stay, be a back-up and work towards the degree, perhaps he'd be the answer instead of Berry. Next year he would have in a spot to fight to the starting job and perhaps finished his degree as well. Sometimes the path of intestinal fortitude does pay dividends.
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
          No disrespect to the players, which normally means it is, but players are in the NAHL or USHL for a reason. Tier 2 v. Tier 1. Period. No different in Canada.

Wisconsin is one of the prominent programs in North America. There should be no reason to be looking anywhere but Tier 1 leagues in North America, or Europe, for blue chippahs.
          "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by UWisco View Post
            Per Heisenberg, USHL, and Gamblers website, Bliss is no longer committed to Wisconsin.
            Bliss commits to Michigan Tech

Comment

Opilka released from his OHL team.

Last edited by gwhinwi; 01-09-2018, 07:29 PM.
              Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Wow. I guess he was injured and had his third hip surgery. I wonder what could have been....
                gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                  Wow. I guess he was injured and had his third hip surgery. I wonder what could have been....
                  Yeah, (+/-)20 y/o? Would he have been a junior this year? I don't remember the timeline.

Boy, as it turns out we really could've used him.

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

• Commitment alert?

Osiecki was out recruiting today and posted his "It's a great day for hockey" on Twitter which typically signals a commitment.

Comment

Yes Sir.....Commitment alert:

Mike Vorlicky

@mikevorlicky
                      12m12 minutes ago
                      Proud to announce my commitment to the University of Wisconsin! Thanks to everyone for helping along the way! #Badgers

Comment

I have Vorlicky penciled in as a '19-'20.

Comment

He'll be 18 in July......currently 6'1" & 160 LBs. (If stats show 160 he's probably 150). Little thin! The Cake-eater from Edina has to eat more cake! We need more big, strong, solid blueliners. Minnesotans always welcome here...the players😉

Comment

Originally posted by DPlaya View Post
                            Commitment alert?

Osiecki was out recruiting today and posted his "It's a great day for hockey" on Twitter which typically signals a commitment.
                            One of these tweets is needed for a top flite goalie!!

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                              One of these tweets is needed for a top flite goalie!!
                              We are due for one in '19-'20.

Comment

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
                                We are due for one in '19-'20.
                                Yeah, so sooner the better on getting a commitment. A coworker and I were talking Badger hockey and he said we need a Canadian goalie again as a lot of our best goalies over the years have been Canadian's, Eh.

Comment

Working...
                                X