Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Recruiting Vol. III - Building a better tomorrow...today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Recruiting Vol. III - Building a better tomorrow...today!

Isn’t Rizzo teammates with him?

Comment

• Originally posted by UWisco View Post
      Grant Cruikshank has decommitted from UW. Originally committed in 2014 under Eaves.
      Interesting, I was looking forward to his arrival. Hmm...how does he compare to mersch or messner?

EDIT: really sucks to lose an elite skater. I hope Grantv nds up at a good school. I can picture him at Denver for some reason
      Last edited by solovsfett; 11-14-2017, 06:56 PM.
      Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
        Interesting, I was looking forward to his arrival. Hmm...how does he compare to mersch or messner?

EDIT: really sucks to lose an elite skater. I hope Grantv nds up at a good school. I can picture him at Denver for some reason
        I don't get it, he seems just like the kind of guy they would want on their team. Right now they have 15 F for next year, but that includes Peltonen, who we don't know is coming. If Freddy leaves and Peltonen doesn't come, UW is down to 13F, not a whole lot of depth there. I suppose one of the 12 D could play F in a pinch. Of course the Caulfield's are still hanging out there....
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
          I don't get it, he seems just like the kind of guy they would want on their team. Right now they have 15 F for next year, but that includes Peltonen, who we don't know is coming. If Freddy leaves and Peltonen doesn't come, UW is down to 13F, not a whole lot of depth there. I suppose one of the 12 D could play F in a pinch. Of course the Caulfield's are still hanging out there....
          According to Posick on the radio this morning, he decommitted to try and get a better deal. So I concluded the scholarship offer was still there, but not a full ride.
          gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
            According to Posick on the radio this morning, he decommitted to try and get a better deal. So I concluded the scholarship offer was still there, but not a full ride.
            That would make sense. Not a lot of schools are doing full-rides at this point. A good deal are 66 to 75%.
            Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
              That would make sense. Not a lot of schools are doing full-rides at this point. A good deal are 66 to 75%.
              based on your spreadsheet we appear to be over recruited at D and under for F next year now that Grant isn't coming. And if Frederic leaves, we are at lack of depth. I don't get it.
              gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

Comment

article from Todd http://host.madison.com/wsj/sports/c...f092702f3.html

Comment

based on your spreadsheet we appear to be over recruited at D and under for F next year now that Grant isn't coming. And if Frederic leaves, we are at lack of depth. I don't get it.
                  It's going to be interesting in April when the regular signing window opens. We'll have a lot of adjustments to make in the roster at that point, I'm sure.
                  Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Disappointing to lose Cruikshank as the video I've seen on him has been very impressive, he's an outstanding character kid, plus there was the cachet of having his parents connected to the program.

It seems clear the staff wanted the Krygier's next year a lot more than they wanted Bliss and Cruikshank, as it seems pretty likely those two had offers reduced. Bliss is off to a hot start, 6th in USHL scoring early, and Cruikshank is tied for the lead in goals, third in points on the Vees.

We're carrying 10 D right now so the D numbers next year will probably be workable, but we're almost sure to be looking at 13 F's that are signed right now. I think Roman Ahcan is the only '99 born playing USHL this year as I believe Almquist and Gorniak are returning to High School, so Achan seems the most likely of the committed candidates to accelerate. Aleksi Peltonen is a big question mark at the moment, and brother Jesper is a D in a crowded field so I'm not too keen on that working out? Although I guess there's the possibility that Emberson and Miller are short timers.

So maybe they go for Brock Caufield, a reasonably good but undersized (5'8") player in an effort to get Cole too? But of course Cole would be a '19 recruit, where I don't really see Owen Lindmark being put off to '20 based on what I've seen of him. Plus Rizzo will be a '19 recruit for someone, ( rumors are UND, Wisco, Denver in the running). That would make 19 or 20 F's for '19 -'20? Obviously something has to give. Maybe 5 or 6 guys turn pro?

It's a real mystery at the moment.
                    Originally posted by WiscTJK
                    I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                    Originally posted by Timothy A
                    Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

While Bliss is off to a nice start, he also turns 20 in a few months (playing lots of 18/19 year olds) and he was beyond abysmal last season with 1 assist in 24 games for Green Bay and spending time in the NAHL. Cruikshank seems like a more prominent loss, but if my choice is him or having money for Caufield(s) &/or Rizzo, that is a real easy choice.

Peltonen's would seem like you wouldn't mind the Dman, but have such a backlog of talent at that position that it probably don't make sense for either side at this point. The forward (Aleksi) would seem to be a stretch at this point to play D1 when he is playing NAHL in his 19 year old year unless it is as a depth not much/any scholarship money type of player. The older Caufield could fill a depth role and seems way ahead of where Aleksi as he is playing his second full season of USHL this year while the year older Aleksi hasn't made it to the USHL level.

Minus the Peltonen's, the D group is not THAT crowded when you consider Bunz and Sexton are not playing this year and are not all that likely to next year given the talent in front of them. I do think Tischke may have some pro team willing to sign him as a developmental lottery ticket if he puts up a strong junior season.

Comment

Bliss doesn't surprise me in that he's a prototypical Eaves system recruit. A big, strong, two-way kid with some skill and offensive potential, which I guess is starting to show. (In fact, IIRC, Eaves committed Bliss himself when he had no assistants.) It's not surprising given Tony's system that Tony wouldn't be as high on Bliss in any case. But Cruikshank seemed like a perfect fit, the kid can really skate, plus he can put the puck away. I gotta believe they still wanted him, just at less money. The funny thing is though, he's an in-state tuition kid. A 70% ride somewhere else seems likely to be more costly to him in real money. Recruiting is weird that way though.
                        Originally posted by WiscTJK
                        I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                        Originally posted by Timothy A
                        Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                          Bliss doesn't surprise me in that he's a prototypical Eaves system recruit. A big, strong, two-way kid with some skill and offensive potential, which I guess is starting to show. (In fact, IIRC, Eaves committed Bliss himself when he had no assistants.) It's not surprising given Tony's system that Tony wouldn't be as high on Bliss in any case. But Cruikshank seemed like a perfect fit, the kid can really skate, plus he can put the puck away. I gotta believe they still wanted him, just at less money. The funny thing is though, he's an in-state tuition kid. A 70% ride somewhere else seems likely to be more costly to him in real money. Recruiting is weird that way though.
                          Hard to put a numbers value on living in Grand Forks.

Comment

Originally posted by markwojo View Post
                            While Bliss is off to a nice start, he also turns 20 in a few months (playing lots of 18/19 year olds) and he was beyond abysmal last season with 1 assist in 24 games for Green Bay and spending time in the NAHL. Cruikshank seems like a more prominent loss, but if my choice is him or having money for Caufield(s) &/or Rizzo, that is a real easy choice.

Peltonen's would seem like you wouldn't mind the Dman, but have such a backlog of talent at that position that it probably don't make sense for either side at this point. The forward (Aleksi) would seem to be a stretch at this point to play D1 when he is playing NAHL in his 19 year old year unless it is as a depth not much/any scholarship money type of player. The older Caufield could fill a depth role and seems way ahead of where Aleksi as he is playing his second full season of USHL this year while the year older Aleksi hasn't made it to the USHL level.

Minus the Peltonen's, the D group is not THAT crowded when you consider Bunz and Sexton are not playing this year and are not all that likely to next year given the talent in front of them. I do think Tischke may have some pro team willing to sign him as a developmental lottery ticket if he puts up a strong junior season.
                            Thanks for your explanation. I feel much better about things now....

Comment

Exactly what I heard too from a source of mine.
                              QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
                              2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
                              2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
                              2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
                              https://***********/QHockeyBlog
                              https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
                              https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                                This. They expected he would still show up with him footing more of the bill. Not the case
                                QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
                                2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
                                2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
                                2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
                                https://***********/QHockeyBlog
                                https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
                                https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/