Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Wisconsin Recruiting Vol. III - Building a better tomorrow...today!

Let's go RED!

Re: Wisconsin Recruiting Vol. III - Building a better tomorrow...today!

Quote Originally Posted by solovsfett View Post
    Agreed...kind of scary there are no real snipers coming in the next 2 years
    I think Zimmer, Malone, Labosky, Johnson and possibly Freytag can carry the scoring torch through 2019. 2020 looks a little thin maybe at F, but that's a LONG way away.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Quote Originally Posted by solovsfett View Post
    Agreed...kind of scary there are no real snipers coming in the next 2 years
    I think the offense could be down a little bit, but I disagree it will be scary. Here are some counterargument statistics/thoughts:

Tarek Baker finished 20th in points in the USHL last year 20-29=49 in 60 regular season games
    Sean Dhooghe finished 2nd in goals for the USNTDP last year with 20 in 54 games (they have him centering their 4th line this year)
    Matt Freytag finished tied for 4th in goals scored for the Badgers last season with 8 in 31 games
    Messner and Cruikshank are having some success in the USHL and BCHL and arrive in 2018-2019
    The defense is going to be so much better UW won't have to score 7 goals per game to win...and they should add to UW's offensive output

Somebody asked about going out and getting more players...they already did with the Dhooghe brothers...and that was with Sean de-committing from Ohio State. I would guess the ranks of uncommitted forwards for next season is pretty thin at this point.
    Last edited by DPlaya; 11-11-2016 at 12:07 PM.

SIEVE chant & BUD SONG originators

FWIW: The Windsor Spitfires (OHL) acquired the rights of Trent Frederic from Niagara. I don't think anything will come of it.

http://windsorspitfires.com/article/...ts-to-frederic
    The Rock - Kessel 2020.

"Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Carl Spackler 1980

Quote Originally Posted by DPlaya View Post
    I think the offense could be down a little bit, but I disagree it will be scary. Here are some counterargument statistics/thoughts:

Tarek Baker finished 20th in points in the USHL last year 20-29=49 in 60 regular season games
    Sean Dhooghe finished 2nd in goals for the USNTDP last year with 20 in 54 games (they have him centering their 4th line this year)
    Matt Freytag finished tied for 4th in goals scored for the Badgers last season with 8 in 31 games
    Messner and Cruikshank are having some success in the USHL and BCHL and arrive in 2018-2019
    The defense is going to be so much better UW won't have to score 7 goals per game to win...and they should add to UW's offensive output

Somebody asked about going out and getting more players...they already did with the Dhooghe brothers...and that was with Sean de-committing from Ohio State. I would guess the ranks of uncommitted forwards for next season is pretty thin at this point.
    Yeah it really starts from the backend. Keep the puck out of the net then worry about scoring.

Wisconsin Badgers Crease Creature
    Quote Originally Posted by d3hockey57 View Post
    Yeah it really starts from the backend. Keep the puck out of the net then worry about scoring.
    I mean...they're just as important as each other. That's a mathematical fact.

Drunkard
    Quote Originally Posted by MadCityRich View Post
    FWIW: The Windsor Spitfires (OHL) acquired the rights of Trent Frederic from Niagara. I don't think anything will come of it.

http://windsorspitfires.com/article/...ts-to-frederic
    At least it isn't London

Blood Boiling with Rage and Hate Almington's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WiscDC View Post
    I mean...they're just as important as each other. That's a mathematical fact.
    As long as the net difference between GF and GA is positive you're in good shape.

#1 Badger Fan

Based on Sioux City's line chart photo tonight, Stillwell is no longer coming to Wisconsin.

Sad Panda
    My Body is in Georgia. My Heart will always be in Wisconsin

I have done some large cleanup on the sheet as I have been informed that Stillwell, Parcells, and Becker are no longer coming to the UW.

Certainly makes the sheet a bit less complicated.

Quote Originally Posted by gwhinwi View Post
    I have done some large cleanup on the sheet as I have been informed that Stillwell, Parcells, and Becker are no longer coming to the UW.

Certainly makes the sheet a bit less complicated.
    One other thing I noticed for the spreadsheet....McGuire is listed as a RS Junior on the spreadsheet and on the UWbadgers.com roster he is listed as a Senior.

Thanks for keeping it up to date!

Sad Panda

One other thing I noticed for the spreadsheet....McGuire is listed as a RS Junior on the spreadsheet and on the UWbadgers.com roster he is listed as a Senior.

And fixed.

They had him listed as a redshirt last year, I think... I don't know. Paint thinner on tap at the house tonight.

Joey Abate's page on the NAHL site does not list him as a UW recruit, nor does the page that shows all the college commitments for the Janesville Jets...

Sioux City put this out on October 27th-Sampo Ranta (knee) is currently in rehab and is expected to be out between 10 and 14 days. It does not look like he is in their lineup tonight though.

Sad Panda

Haven't heard anything about his departure yet. I removed the ones that I have gotten confirmation for. I will make a note of his change though.

#1 Badger Fan
    Sioux City put this out on October 27th-Sampo Ranta (knee) is currently in rehab and is expected to be out between 10 and 14 days. It does not look like he is in their lineup tonight though.
    He hasn't played the whole year.

#1 Badger Fan
    That is never updated. For example, Zach Solow has played with Dubuque this year and last year.

However saying that, both him and Bliss playing in the NAHL lead me to believe neither will come to UW.

#1 Badger Fan

As I stated in the normal season thread, the signings of Inamoto, Baker, and the Dhooghe's became official today. Milewski said in his article, out today, that Gildon could not be signed based on the NCAAs rule of not be able to have 18 or more players on scholarship. Which means once Besse and/or Kunin leave after the season, Gildon can be signed on or after April 12th.

Let's go RED!

So Mersch is out of the picture then or did he sign a LOI with Eaves?
    Wisconsin Hockey: 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 WE WANT MORE!
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy A View Post
    No, I believe Mersch is still in the picture. Wisconsin may have someone other than just Kunin leave early. Or they may make more "cuts". I'm still interested/hopeful to see if Philip Nyberg makes it on campus this year.

#1 Badger Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy A View Post
    Either he signs after the season or comes to UW in 2018.

Thread Information