Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Recruiting Vol. III - Building a better tomorrow...today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Recruiting Vol. III - Building a better tomorrow...today!

One would think Joey Abate might move onto the bubble, although he's a big, hard-nosed kid, and it doesn't hurt to have one or two of those in the mix.

After Peltonen missed the Lancer's roster, he's off to a slow start at NAHL Corpus Christie with 2-0-2 in 10gp so far. That's a bit of a mystery for a kid that starred at Northwood last year. Last season Northwood and Shattuck were #1 and #2 preps in the country. Northwood avenged a early 4-5 loss to Shattuck with a convincing 4-1 win last January in which Peltonen potted a pair of goals. It's early and there's plenty of time for him to get going, but it's still a pretty unexpected start to the year.
    Originally posted by WiscTJK
    I'm with Wisko and Tim.
    Originally posted by Timothy A
    Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

It'll be interesting to see who signs for next year during the upcoming early signing period.

Comment

If I had to guess today I'd say K'Andre Miller, Ty Emberson, Ranta, Messner, Cruikshank, and probably Mersch. That would be six that they will for sure have scholarship money/ roster space for. Hurley's spot will be available too, but I'm not sure how it will work with two pairs of brothers.... Personally I'd probably wait it out on them and Abate at this point.
        I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

I saw this article on B5Q today, mostly in reply to the Badgers basketball team having their top recruit decide to go elsewhere after being verbally committed for quite some time and the subsequent social media circus that erupted. I think it works across all sports.

Decommitment: A Fan’s Guide

I'll give you the best part:

Comment

K'Andre Miller #29 and Ty Emberson #77 in Future Considerations latest Draft rankings.

Also an article about K'Andre from Let's Play Hockey here.
            I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Originally posted by UWisco View Post
              Per Heisenberg, USHL, and Gamblers website, Bliss is no longer committed to Wisconsin.
              Dammit, I was counting on her coming here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexa_...Bliss_2016.jpg
              "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

New non-recruiting thread name is needed. You senior guys need to create the link. My suggestion (I have no creativity....): Wisconsin Hockey 2017-18 - TM^2 - Back to the Top
                gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                  New non-recruiting thread name is needed. You senior guys need to create the link. My suggestion (I have no creativity....): Wisconsin Hockey 2017-18 - TM^2 - Back to the Top
                  Dhooghe Wonderland

Comment

Originally posted by Ronny Wolf View Post
                    Dhooghe Wonderland
                    Signed, Dhooghe's dad.

Speaking of PAST recruits, Luke Kunin is featured in the newest episode of "Becoming Wild". (FS Wisconsin & FS North). I saw it last night and 100% of the show was taped in Madison. In case you live under a rock, "Becoming Wild" is a cool show that goes behind the scenes showing training, eating, and relaxing activities with MN Wild players.
                    Last edited by MadCityRich; 11-01-2017, 04:37 PM.
                    "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Per Todd D, Joey Abate is not coming to WI.
                      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                        Per Todd D, Joey Abate is not coming to WI.
                        I have updated the spreadsheet with that information.
                        Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

• Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
                          I have updated the spreadsheet with that information.
                          Speaking of the spreadsheet, what do you think staff’s plan is on defense for next year with how many are projected to come in? Are they banking on Tischke leaving early, plus Greenway and/or another non-dresser getting pushed out? Should be interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by GBBadger14 View Post
                            Speaking of the spreadsheet, what do you think staff’s plan is on defense for next year with how many are projected to come in? Are they banking on Tischke leaving early, plus Greenway and/or another non-dresser getting pushed out? Should be interesting.
                            Greenway is a very interesting discussion point at this point, since there seems to be no timeline of when he will actually play with the team this year. With 4 defensemen scheduled to join the club next year, something has to give.
                            Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Goaltending is by far the biggest question mark in future seasons. Berry has been mediocre in his time in net. Lebedeff is putting up decent numbers for Janesville this year but he isn’t the starting goalie on an NAHL team and that has to be saying something. The staff needs to solve the goaltending dilemma.

Former Badger recruit Trenton Bliss was awarded USHL Forward of the Week this week. He has 13 points in 11 games this season.
                              WISCONSIN BADGERS
                              NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
                              WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
                              WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
                              B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
                              Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

Are we tracking decommits? Or non-going-pro-early departures?
                                If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Working...
                                X