Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Recruiting Vol. III - Building a better tomorrow...today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Recruiting Vol. III - Building a better tomorrow...today!

Todd wrote an article about Caufield: Badgers men's hockey: No longer committed to Ohio State, Cole Caufield will generate interest

Comment

With the Caufields committing I think I have Wisconsin at 29 commits from 2018-2020 which is crazy. Something has to give.

Comment

Originally posted by Lemonade View Post
        With the Caufields committing I think I have Wisconsin at 29 commits from 2018-2020 which is crazy. Something has to give.
        I don't know how much scholarship money would be committed to the older brother here based on I don't think he is a blue chip/full scholarship type of recruit and the in state tuition is another discount advantage for the home state school. Likewise, even for the younger Caufield an in state 75% paid tuition is probably similar to what any other out of state school's "full" (generally 90%) scholarship tuition would be. Further, we have no idea what percentage of a scholarship any of the committed kids have actually been promised.

My guess is something already has given and the people that need to know do and we'll find out in due time.

Comment

Jack Gorniak commits to Wisconsin.
          WISCONSIN BADGERS
          NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
          WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
          WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
          B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
          Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

Originally posted by UWisco View Post
            Jack Gorniak commits to Wisconsin.
            Spreadsheet is updated. I have him listed as a '19-'20 at this point.
            Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

So you're bringing back JV teams then

Comment

• Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
                So you're bringing back JV teams then
                Won't end well. Seen this play out before. Only thing I can think of is that Granato isn't planning on being around a long time. Wants to win in short term regardless of consequences.
                @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
                On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
                High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

• Originally posted by markwojo View Post
                  I don't know how much scholarship money would be committed to the older brother here based on I don't think he is a blue chip/full scholarship type of recruit and the in state tuition is another discount advantage for the home state school. Likewise, even for the younger Caufield an in state 75% paid tuition is probably similar to what any other out of state school's "full" (generally 90%) scholarship tuition would be. Further, we have no idea what percentage of a scholarship any of the committed kids have actually been promised.

My guess is something already has given and the people that need to know do and we'll find out in due time.
                  There is always fallout from pushing too many kids back and pulling offers. Always. I think they have some slack with the coaching change, but the number of recruits at this point is beyond obscene. Even if you anticipate one and done's, they'll still have to push a lot back or pull scholarships.
                  @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
                  On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
                  High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

http://lacrossetribune.com/sports/lo...=home-breaking

Comment

Originally posted by Lemonade View Post
                      There is no public information that the Caufields have committed to Wisconsin. If you have that information I'd appreciate a link.

Comment

Anyone know how many recruits are left from Eaves era and if some of them are not coming?
                        gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                          Anyone know how many recruits are left from Eaves era and if some of them are not coming?
                          I have 5 previous Eaves recruits on the recruiting spreadsheet. Based on numbers, you would have to guess that at least 3 will not be coming next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                            That would be great to know. As it stands now having 16+ Forwards and 10+ Defenseman is quite excessive.
                            Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Josh Bohlin commits.

Stop the madness! Not.
                              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                                Josh Bohlin commits.

Stop the madness! Not.
                                Spreadsheet updated again.

It's getting crazy right now. They have to be projecting a large number of Eaves recruits not coming and players leaving early.

Comment

Working...
                                X