Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Recruiting Vol. III - Building a better tomorrow...today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by UWisco View Post
    Ben Helgeson, 2000 born Forward out of Hill-Murray, has committed to Wisconsin.
    Milewsky article on Helgeson, including a couple names of recruits who visited: LINK

Comment

Re: Wisconsin Recruiting Vol. III - Building a better tomorrow...today!

Originally posted by GBBadger14 View Post
      Milewsky article on Helgeson, including a couple names of recruits who visited: LINK
      "The Badgers have hosted a number of potential recruits in recent weeks. The most prominent was Waterloo forward Shane Bowers, a potential first-round pick in the 2017 NHL Draft.

2000-born forwards Jack Jensen and Luke Loheit, both of Minnesota, have visited as well."
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

I can't seem to find "The List" (did you say list?) of recruits G2O has landed since they hit the recruiting trail; right up to Ben Helgeson. The spreadsheet is awesome in it's own right, but just a list of commits since late March.

Thanks!
        "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
          I can't seem to find "The List" (did you say list?) of recruits G2O has landed since they hit the recruiting trail; right up to Ben Helgeson. The spreadsheet is awesome in it's own right, but just a list of commits since late March.

Thanks!
          I do have post April commits listed on the spreadsheet listed with an exclamation point before their name if that helps.
          Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
            "The Badgers have hosted a number of potential recruits in recent weeks. The most prominent was Waterloo forward Shane Bowers, a potential first-round pick in the 2017 NHL Draft.
            Bowers just committed to BU. Now he has to change the spelling for his last name to Bowahs.

Comment

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
              I do have post April commits listed on the spreadsheet listed with an exclamation point before their name if that helps.
              It does, thanks for pointing that out! *embarrassed*
              "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Bowers just committed to BU. Now he has to change the spelling for his last name to Bowahs.
                First miss for the new staff?

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                  It does, thanks for pointing that out! *embarrassed*
                  No worries. What will be interesting is how many of the recruits from '05 and before start dropping off the list....

Comment

Who knows who they have had in for a visit and who they haven't. I would think most coaches miss more than they hit on in the men's recruiting game. At least he's going out east.

Comment

I believe there has been a few other misses along the way. Nice to see Wisco back in recruiting battles over top players like Bowers.
                      Last edited by BadgerHockey9; 10-28-2016, 07:38 AM.

Comment

A couple recruiting notes:

Looks like Cruikshank is showing his ability to score for Penticton. He has 13 goals on the season so far and boy is he quick.

Most of all UW recruits playing in the USHL are showing low offensive output.

Abate and Bliss are playing in the NAHL right now.

Lebedeff is showing promise in net for Madison.

Most of all the recruits playing midget are at a point per game average. Brady Smith and De St. Phalle have played a couple games in the USHL.

Parsells and Ranta still haven't suited up this year. I don't know what the deal is here but I know Parsells wasn't happy about not joining UW this season. If he's struggling to break the lineup in Des Moines, he will here too. Ranta seemed like a big get when he committed so I have not a clue why he hasn't skated for Sioux City yet.
                        WISCONSIN BADGERS
                        NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
                        WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
                        WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
                        B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
                        Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

Ethan Leyh commits to Wisconsin. There is your Canadian.
                          WISCONSIN BADGERS
                          NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
                          WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
                          WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
                          B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
                          Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

I have him listed as a 20-21 at this point on the spreadsheet.

Thanks for the heads up.

Comment

Originally posted by UWisco View Post
                              Ethan Leyh commits to Wisconsin. There is your Canadian.
                              Oh Yeah! First of many I hope.

Comment

Oh Yeah! First of many I hope.
                                From HockeyNow's 2016 Minor Hockey Player Of The Year Countdown - December List
                                Ethan Leyh: Yale Ban. Prep (CSSBP)
                                Can play with anyone. Good neutral-zone player. Looks for the open man. Reads the play well. Sees the ice. Knows where his teammates are all the time. Excellent Skater. Creates scoring opportunities for his teammates. Good playmaker.

Here's another nice blurb on Ethan from Scouting News.

Comment

Working...
                                X