Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Recruiting Vol. III - Building a better tomorrow...today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Recruiting Vol. III - Building a better tomorrow...today!

Oz Jr, Jake, was drafted in the 15th round in the USHL draft by the Caps. It will be interesting to see how the lad develops. I can't tell if he's a D or F; he had 15 pts in 29 games.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
      Oz Jr, Jake, was drafted in the 15th round in the USHL draft by the Caps. It will be interesting to see how the lad develops. I can't tell if he's a D or F; he had 15 pts in 29 games.
      Nice catch, Tim.

JAKE-o-SEE-kee clap....clap....clap, clap, clap.
      "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
        Nice catch, Tim.

JAKE-o-SEE-kee clap....clap....clap, clap, clap.
        This tweeter thing is the bomb. If Chuck Schwartz hadn't outgrown us I never would have hopped on to it. Thanks Chuck!

Comment

Tri-City drafted future Badger TJ Koufis from Chicago Mission. Neutral Zone has an article on Tri-City's draft including info on Koufis.

Comment

Tanner Latsch rated as 'A' prospect:

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/coll...nges-2002s-wsi
            https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
            Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
              Tanner Latsch rated as 'A' prospect:

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/coll...nges-2002s-wsi
              As was Isaac Novak.

Interesting to compare the two...

Originally posted by From the article
              Tanner Latsch, #15 TPH, 1/2/02, Shoots Right, 6-2/170, Muskegon, Mich. (Wisconsin) – This wasn’t his best viewing, but his size and skating ability allow him to protect pucks.
              Originally posted by From the article
              Isaac Novak, #88 West Coast Selects, 1/8/02, Shoots Left, 5-10/170, Waukesha, Wis. (Wisconsin) – He’s a facilitator with the puck. He can dish the puck off and get pucks to linemates for chances. He’s heavy on pucks and wins battles. He cycles well down low and gets to pucks first.

Comment

• Does anybody recall why Matt Berkovitz decommitted? I remember he committed to Eaves. Did he become expendable by 2GO ?
                "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Shane‏ @shanelave21 15m15 minutes ago
                  More
                  Proud to announce my commitment to play college hockey at the University of Wisconsin. Thanks to my Coach & everyone who has supported me!!

'01 Forward out of Chaska MN. 2017 Phase I pick of the Madison Capitols

http://host.madison.com/wsj/sports/c...2bfde1c1f.html
                  Last edited by herbst20; 05-21-2017, 12:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by herbst20 View Post
                    Shane‏ @shanelave21 15m15 minutes ago
                    More
                    Proud to announce my commitment to play college hockey at the University of Wisconsin. Thanks to my Coach & everyone who has supported me!!

'01 Forward out of Chaska MN. 2017 Phase I pick of the Madison Capitols

http://host.madison.com/wsj/sports/c...2bfde1c1f.html
                    I've got him penciled in for '20. Gotta figure they are counting on lots of players leaving early because they have 21 potential forwards on that team for that year.
                    Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

• Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
                      I've got him penciled in for '20. Gotta figure they are counting on lots of players leaving early because they have 21 potential forwards on that team for that year.
                      2021-22 probably in my opinion.
                      WISCONSIN BADGERS
                      NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
                      WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
                      WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
                      B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
                      Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

Originally posted by UWisco View Post
                        2021-22 probably in my opinion.
                        Still, even with that, they'll have a ton of forwards in that year.
                        Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

How good does he project to be? I see he chose Wisconsin over Minnesota, UMD, and BU.
                          Last edited by IndianaBadger1995; 05-21-2017, 07:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by IndianaBadger1995 View Post
                            How good does he project to be? I see he chose Wisconsin over Minnesota, UMD, and BU.
                            FWIW "The Neutral Zone" has him ranked as a 3.75 star player.

He cited that he was impressed that UW wants to push guys into the NHL. The way G2O embrace the concept of getting guys into the NHL reminds me of a certain Kentucky BB coach.

Comment

One would think they are pretty much done recruiting forwards for some time. The only one I can think that they are still gunning for is Massimo Rizzo. I am sure he is tops on the list. I would think if we did get him, he would be projected as a one and done player.

This team is going to have a ridiculous amount of talent soon.

Also, one has to start wondering if Bliss and Abate ever make it to campus.
                              Last edited by bucky15; 05-22-2017, 09:04 AM.

Comment

Posic said Lavelle will play for the Caps today on one of his "sportscenter" updates, so we can see him live and in person.

He led is team in scoring as a Fr.

Comment

Working...
                                X