Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Recruiting Vol. III - Building a better tomorrow...today!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Recruiting Vol. III - Building a better tomorrow...today!

Originally posted by DPlaya View Post
    Chicago Mission downed Team Wisconsin U16 5-1 today. Unofficially I had Lindmark with an assist, De St. Phalle with a goal and Alex Turcotte with a goal and assist. Turcotte centers the first line with Luke Toporowski (committed to Spokane Chiefs WHL) on the left and De St. Phalle on the right wing. Lindmark and Koufis played together on a line with Lindmark centering the line.

I was really, really impressed with Turcotte and De St. Phalle today. Both have elite skating ability...both have incredible top-end speed and acceleration. De St. Phalle has really great hands and he is masterful at possessing the puck, even in heavy traffic. Many times he took control of the puck in his own end and just patiently evaded and escaped every opponent in his vicinity until he found a clearing and started the attack. De St. Phalle used his speed to generate two breakaway attempts today, neither of which he scored on. One he carried the puck, the other he flew behind the defense and received a pass to go in all alone. Turcotte is fantastic on his skates and many times just used his body and his feel to shield the puck and skate around guys while they were trying to push him off the puck. These guys should be terrors in two years when they hit campus.

Lindmark didn't jump out at me a whole lot as I watched. I think his skating is above average.

Koufis seemed to be an average skater.

Mission's first line was so good I think it made anyone not playing with them look average. After some penalties Koufis ended up playing the right wing with the top line and he threaded a great pass to one of the other forwards that they almost converted. It just seemed like good things happened to whoever was on the ice with Turcotte and Toporowski. De St. Phalle still stood out when he was not with his typical linemates, but it didn't seem like he was able to consistently show off his complete skill set with the other forwards.

I used to go watch a lot of hockey at this level but since my daughter has played it has admittedly been a while. My evaluation skills are likely showing some rust...

Funny story...I saw a guy at the rink I knew I had seen a picture of somewhere...got to thinking that maybe it was Andy Johnson. So I walked up and introduced myself and low and behold it was Andy. He and I used to blog together and interact digitally for a lot of years but we had never met in person. It was interesting that he would not "take the bait" and talk about specific players but did say he had seen both those teams play 8 times this year and thought it was a sloppy game after I mentioned I was disappointed with all the defensemen beyond maybe Vlasic and Weiss for Mission.

Speaking of Weiss (Notre Dame commit), one of the TW players blasted him over the boards into the TW bench area in the third period.

I had a great time watching the future Badgers and was glad I made the time to take in the game. That is a really impressive team. And to think that Badger defensive recruit Brady Smith started the year with that Mission team before jumping to the USHL....
    Fantastic to read some "semi" reliable player evals. Thanks for taking the time to check them out.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Former Badger recruit Tony Stillwell is going Ivy:

https://twitter.com/tstillwell26/sta...65636816257024

Adam Parsells sends his congrats, but I can't remember where he's wound up. I'm sure it's on a previous page... Sparty?
      If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

• Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post

Adam Parsells sends his congrats, but I can't remember where he's wound up. I'm sure it's on a previous page... Sparty?
        Not sure that's been determined. Note the tweet just after his congratulations to Stillwell.

https://mobile.twitter.com/search?q=Adam+par+sells

Edit: I'm not even a twitter novice but did somehow stumble upon the above link. I've since noticed that the tweet I referred to is not on Parsells actual account. ???
        Last edited by Great Day for Hockey; 03-30-2017, 12:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post

Parcells isn't coming to UW? When did that happen? Wasn't he supposed to be pretty good? Elite Prospects has him listed as coming to UW next year, but the trusty recruiting chart (which I trust infinitely more) does not.

Comment

He signed a LOI, then TG didn't take him this year, so I guess I might have just assumed.

Maybe he's still coming this year?

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Comment

Parsells is not committed to Wisconsin anymore.
              WISCONSIN BADGERS
              NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
              WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
              WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
              B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
              Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

He signed a LOI, then TG didn't take him this year, so I guess I might have just assumed.

Maybe he's still coming this year?
                I didn't realize he was due in this last year, I guess I lost track of all the changes to commitments. At the time he committed to MM he as a pretty good pick-up. His stats aren't anything special but it's hard to judge a D on points.

Comment

Milewski said he didn't know if Parcell's decommitment was related to the coaching change or not. Adam did not specify that to Todd. At this point he is uncommitted.

Comment

I know; wrong thread. HOWEVER, this "recruit" MUST be pursued.

http://www.grandforksherald.com/spor...-hockey-commit
                    "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post

That is really awful news for women's college hockey.

Comment

Can she actually play? LOL

Comment

Watching the Wild tonight, I couldn't help but think of how far Alex Stalock came from being turned away by Eaves to having a decent-and-still developing NHL career.

Then I realized I was thinking of Aaron Crandall.

Other than both being UMD alums, I have no idea how I managed to mix them up.

Comment

Watching the Wild tonight, I couldn't help but think of how far Alex Stalock came from being turned away by Eaves to having a decent-and-still developing NHL career.

Showing some signs on aging, eh? It sucks. Going total unrelated but kinda related to aging, I think all the cell phone signals are destroying our brains.

Comment

It's not just you, bro. I watch the NHL almost nightly. I hear a name and I know it's from college hockey but can't pinpoint the team, especially if it was years ago. That was the case with Stalock. I knew he was MCRJr's age and we did cross paths back then, but I couldn't recall how I knew him until LaPanta mentioned he played for South St. Paul. Then I remembered he was a college Bulldog.

You know EODS, those late 70's into the 80's & 90's were tough on our bodies. I don't know if the physical sports or social life had a more affect on us!
                              "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

It's not just you, bro. I watch the NHL almost nightly. I hear a name and I know it's from college hockey but can't pinpoint the team, especially if it was years ago. That was the case with Stalock. I knew he was MCRJr's age and we did cross paths back then, but I couldn't recall how I knew him until LaPanta mentioned he played for South St. Paul. Then I remembered he was a college Bulldog.

You know EODS, those late 70's into the 80's & 90's were tough on our bodies. I don't know if the physical sports or social life had a more affect on us!
                                Stalock is a tough one for me to forget as a goalie for Duluth. He always seemed bored playing goalie and loved roaming the corners and playing the puck whenever even remotely possibly. He always made me laugh, I bet he fits almost every stereotype of a goalie off the ice.

He is one of my favorite non-Badgers.....never knew what he was going to do next.
                                Last edited by bucky15; 03-31-2017, 10:24 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X