Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718
Results 341 to 355 of 355

Thread: Wisconsin Recruiting Vol. III - Building a better tomorrow...today!

  1. #341
    Sad Panda
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    My Body is in Georgia. My Heart will always be in Wisconsin
    Posts
    740

    Re: Wisconsin Recruiting Vol. III - Building a better tomorrow...today!

    Quote Originally Posted by bucky15 View Post
    I think with Ess coming in early , may mean Patty Sexton is on his way out.
    May see Hurley move back to forward as well.

    Plenty of changes coming before the season starts.

  2. #342
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    400

    Re: Wisconsin Recruiting Vol. III - Building a better tomorrow...today!

    Quote Originally Posted by gwhinwi View Post
    May see Hurley move back to forward as well.

    Plenty of changes coming before the season starts.
    There is this nugget from Milewski



    I'm not sure what it means in terms of who is in/out since I haven't taken the time to review who shoots L vs R.

  3. #343
    Let's go RED!
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Juneau WI
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Wisconsin Recruiting Vol. III - Building a better tomorrow...today!

    Quote Originally Posted by gwhinwi View Post
    May see Hurley move back to forward as well.

    Plenty of changes coming before the season starts.
    Top tier D returning: Linhart, Davison, Tischke, Greenway
    2nd tier returning: Bunz, Hurley, Sexton
    Recruits: Ess, Kalynuk, Inamoto

    Kalynuk and Inamoto are playing right away, G2O have made that clear. They love Ess too. How good are Linhart and Davison? Could they get bumped to the 3rd pair or out of the lineup altogether? They did like Bunz at the end of last year too.

    Kalynuk Tischke
    Inamoto Greenway
    Ess XXXX
    Wisconsin Hockey: 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

  4. #344
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    27

    Re: Wisconsin Recruiting Vol. III - Building a better tomorrow...today!

    If memory serves me right, Linhart is the only righty on the roster for next year, and Ty Emberson is the only current D commit that is right handed. My guess is Linhart is in the lineup next year.

  5. #345
    #1 Badger Fan
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    North of Madison
    Posts
    758
    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy A View Post
    Top tier D returning: Linhart, Davison, Tischke, Greenway
    2nd tier returning: Bunz, Hurley, Sexton
    Recruits: Ess, Kalynuk, Inamoto

    Kalynuk and Inamoto are playing right away, G2O have made that clear. They love Ess too. How good are Linhart and Davison? Could they get bumped to the 3rd pair or out of the lineup altogether? They did like Bunz at the end of last year too.

    Kalynuk Tischke
    Inamoto Greenway
    Ess XXXX

    Linhart is definitely in the lineup. You have the rest correct.

  6. #346
    Let's go RED!
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Juneau WI
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Wisconsin Recruiting Vol. III - Building a better tomorrow...today!

    In one year, G2O have had 28 players commit, 28! I am blown away by the amount of work they have accomplished in one year just on the recruiting front. Apparently TG told the Athletic Board they are a year ahead of schedule as far as the rebuild goes, which makes sense from both a record front and a recruiting front. I listen to 540 ESPN when I get a chance to and even Homer the afternoon guy said that in 5 years of the G2O hire UW will win a men's NCAA title. Is it October yet?
    Wisconsin Hockey: 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

  7. #347
    Drunkard
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    The Promised Land
    Posts
    17,102

    Re: Wisconsin Recruiting Vol. III - Building a better tomorrow...today!

    Homer talked about UW hockey?

  8. #348
    Let's go RED!
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Juneau WI
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Wisconsin Recruiting Vol. III - Building a better tomorrow...today!

    Quote Originally Posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
    Homer talked about UW hockey?
    Homer and Gab were discussing topics that don't move the needle, and hockey was on that list, though he did interject that when UW hired G2O he felt UW would win a title in 5 years. That was it.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

  9. #349
    Registered College Hockey Addict
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Mosinee, WI
    Posts
    710

    Re: Wisconsin Recruiting Vol. III - Building a better tomorrow...today!

    One year ago today, the Detroit Red Wings were eliminated from the playoffs, and coach Granato came home.

  10. #350
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    596

    Re: Wisconsin Recruiting Vol. III - Building a better tomorrow...today!

    Sean Dhooghe with the OT game winner to send the US to the gold medal game at the U18 Worlds.

    I love the call, teach me how to Dhooghe....


    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxEzSR8GyLE

  11. #351
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    South Central, Wis
    Posts
    826

    Re: Wisconsin Recruiting Vol. III - Building a better tomorrow...today!

    Quote Originally Posted by DPlaya View Post
    Sean Dhooghe with the OT game winner to send the US to the gold medal game at the U18 Worlds.

    I love the call, teach me how to Dhooghe....


    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxEzSR8GyLE
    It is really pronounced doogie?

  12. #352
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    South Central, Wis
    Posts
    826

    Re: Wisconsin Recruiting Vol. III - Building a better tomorrow...today!

    Doogie hockey md

  13. #353
    #1 Badger Fan
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    North of Madison
    Posts
    758
    Quote Originally Posted by WiscTJK View Post
    It is really pronounced doogie?
    Yes.

  14. #354
    SIEVE chant & BUD SONG originators
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    The People's Republic of Madison
    Posts
    2,341

    Re: Wisconsin Recruiting Vol. III - Building a better tomorrow...today!

    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy A View Post
    In one year, G2O have had 28 players commit, 28! I am blown away by the amount of work they have accomplished in one year just on the recruiting front. Apparently TG told the Athletic Board they are a year ahead of schedule as far as the rebuild goes, which makes sense from both a record front and a recruiting front. I listen to 540 ESPN when I get a chance to and even Homer the afternoon guy said that in 5 years of the G2O hire UW will win a men's NCAA title. Is it October yet?
    Are you waiting for me to reply? Don't we have to go Musky Hunting first?
    "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi
    "License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Carl Spackler 1980

  15. #355
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    276

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •