Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Recruiting Vol. III - Building a better tomorrow...today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Recruiting Vol. III - Building a better tomorrow...today!

Massimo Rizzo; Eccezionale.......Non c'è mai abbastanza giocatori di hockey Italiani!
    "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

• Originally posted by GBBadger14 View Post
      "One of the top prospects in the 2019 recruiting class took a look at UW last week.

Massimo Rizzo, a 15-year-old center from Burnaby, British Columbia, had a “wonderful experience” on an unofficial visit with the Badgers, his father, Remi, said in an email.

Rizzo plays for the Burnaby Winter Club program under coach Maco Balkovec, who was a UW defenseman from 1991 to 1995.

Granato and associate head coaches Mark Osiecki and Don Granato have seen Rizzo play, Balkovec said, a sign of how invested UW is on recruiting him.

“He’s a guy that looks like he’s on a path to play in the NHL, that’s for sure,” Balkovec said.

Rizzo has 18 goals and 68 points in 39 games for Burnaby’s prep team. With the Bantam team last season, he scored 60 times in 61 games.

The Badgers have competition from a number of colleges as well as the Western Hockey League’s Kamloops Blazers, who made Rizzo their first-round pick in last year’s Bantam draft.

Rizzo could forgo NCAA eligibility and go to major juniors next season — two years before he could go to college."
      I like the odds for UW here. With Maco as his coach that can't hurt and they couldn't have brought him in at a better time than to see UW score 11 goals and sweep!
      Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
        Massimo Rizzo; Eccezionale.......Non c'è mai abbastanza giocatori di hockey Italiani!
        He would instantly be on the all-time Badger all name team.

Comment

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
          I'm going to leave Mersch where he is for the moment, but I did move both of the Peltonen's to 2018.

Mersch, I'm just not that sure about right now.
          You still have Aleksi Peltonen for 2017, but you did move Jesper.

Comment

Just a thought....it is possible that the staff could bring in Cruikshank next year. He turns 19 this summer and is putting up nearly a point per game in the BCHL.

Comment

Originally posted by DPlaya View Post
              You still have Aleksi Peltonen for 2017, but you did move Jesper.
              Forgot to clean out the original entry. I had him as a Freshman in '17 and '18.

Cleaned up now. Thanks for the heads up.
              Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
                Forgot to clean out the original entry. I had him as a Freshman in '17 and '18.

Cleaned up now. Thanks for the heads up.
                Change Jesper to an incoming Freshman in '18. He's in as a Soph two years in a row. Although, to be fair, most of these guys are academically at least Sophomores when they come in.
                Originally posted by WiscTJK
                I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                Originally posted by Timothy A
                Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Max Gildon just committed to UNH

Comment

Originally posted by herbst20 View Post
                    I believe he committed to Eaves, then de-committed from G2Olast fall? UNH is nowhere to be seen, I guess he likes losing. Best of luck.

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

• Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                      I believe he committed to Eaves, then de-committed from G2Olast fall? UNH is nowhere to be seen, I guess he likes losing. Best of luck.
                      Yeah, tough season for UNH. Yet, they've still managed to win as many games this season as UW did in the previous two combined. Perhaps a new goalie and coach will also make the difference for them. It would certainly help if they played in the west's version of Atlantic Hockey, but I'm sure they'll do their best...
                      Live Free or Die!!
                      Miami University '03

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                        Yeah, tough season for UNH. Yet, they've still managed to win as many games this season as UW did in the previous two combined. Perhaps a new goalie and coach will also make the difference for them. It would certainly help if they played in the west's version of Atlantic Hockey, but I'm sure they'll do their best...
                        Not sure what gave me the bigger chuckle. Comparing the B10 to Atlantic Hockey or a UNH fan talking s**t on a badger thread. At least UNH will have one less team to look up at when ND comes to the B10 next year. Come back when they've won something.
                        Last edited by Great Day for Hockey; 02-27-2017, 10:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by herbst20 View Post
                          I was wondering if the de-commitment was initiated by Max or by G2O......
                          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                            I was wondering if the de-commitment was initiated by Max or by G2O......
                            http://host.madison.com/wsj/sports/c...cd809891b.html

I think Gildon's quotes make it pretty clear.

Comment

Originally posted by diddlypoo View Post
                              http://host.madison.com/wsj/sports/c...cd809891b.html

I think Gildon's quotes make it pretty clear.
                              Yes they do, thanks for the info.
                              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Great Day for Hockey View Post
                                Not sure what gave me the bigger chuckle. Comparing the B10 to Atlantic Hockey or a UNH fan talking s**t on a badger thread. At least UNH will have one less team to look up at when ND comes to the B10 next year. Come back when they've won something.
                                That's why I didn't replay to the d-bag...I tend not to feed trolls. Like my grandpa from Czechoslovakia once told me in broken Slovak, "Richie, if you want to **** with the big dogs, you gotta lift your leg a lot higher."

It's apparent Max couldn't.

Mic drop.
                                Last edited by MadCityRich; 02-28-2017, 09:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X