Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Recruiting Vol. III - Building a better tomorrow...today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
    I'm the best! I work circles around you!
    Frank Rizzo! Open your f@@@in ears jack@@@!

😀

I still have the first two cds
    Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Recruiting Vol. III - Building a better tomorrow...today!

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post

��

The KC atmosphere would pick up a bit with Frank in the stands.

R I Z Z O RIZZO

Comment

It looks like 01 recruits Alex Turcotte, Owen Lindmark, and TJ Koufis have all been invited to NTDP try-outs for next years team. Pretty sure Turcotte is for sure going to make team, I am thinking Lindmark has a good chance too.

Comment

• Originally posted by BadgerHockey9 View Post
          It looks like 01 recruits Alex Turcotte, Owen Lindmark, and TJ Koufis have all been invited to NTDP try-outs for next years team. Pretty sure Turcotte is for sure going to make team, I am thinking Lindmark has a good chance too.
          All three have a good chance.
          WISCONSIN BADGERS
          NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
          WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
          WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
          B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
          Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

• Originally posted by bucky15 View Post
            The KC atmosphere would pick up a bit with Frank in the stands.

R I Z Z O RIZZO
            Yes it would!
            Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post

��

yep it is awesome. I just played the fireworks in the hand one for my kids recently and we haven't laughed so hard in a while. "I will see you with my nub." "Really I can't see fingers, maybe its just cause I'm all numb and stingy,"
              gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

• Originally posted by UWisco View Post
                All three have a good chance.
                That would be great if all 3 make it from the same youth program!

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerHockey9 View Post
                  I haven't seen/heard any information on invites for next year yet. Could you share where you got this information? From looking at previous information, they didn't announce the camp invites until March for 2016

Comment

• Originally posted by KaMiGo View Post
                    I haven't seen/heard any information on invites for next year yet. Could you share where you got this information? From looking at previous information, they didn't announce the camp invites until March for 2016
                    Looking back right now..I'm guessing it's not official list because USA Hockey is usually the site that first releases the camp roster. I saw the list under "Ur Hockey Source" on carldelucia.com.

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerHockey9 View Post
                      Looking back right now..I'm guessing it's not official list because USA Hockey is usually the site that first releases the camp roster. I saw the list under "Ur Hockey Source" on carldelucia.com.
                      Yeah, that feels a lot like a "here is a list of guys who might be on the list" list.

But it is nice to see a couple of Badgers on there!

Comment

Justin Engelkes (Middleton HS) committed to Miami. No clue if UW was pursuing him but it sucks seeing home talent leave the state.
                        WISCONSIN BADGERS
                        NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
                        WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
                        WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
                        B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
                        Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

Originally posted by UWisco View Post
                          Justin Engelkes (Middleton HS) committed to Miami. No clue if UW was pursuing him but it sucks seeing home talent leave the state.
                          I agree, but in G2O we must trust.
                          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

There are a lot of forwards lined up around the time Engelkes would be arriving. There are 4 other 2000 commits and 5 2001 commits at forward. I would assume the staff likes those 9 forwards as much or more. I like having local kids who may have more of a passion connection with the program then a non local kid, but not all local kids want to go to school locally and the correct approach is to find and bring in the best players willing to come to UW regardless of where you find them.

Comment

Who are the difference makers coming in during the next 4 years? Who are the Luke Kunin type snipers? Geoffrion's? Pavelski's? Who are the Ryan McDonut type defensemen? Schultz's? McBain's? (Gardiner, Suter, Smith, etc, the list goes on and on for past dmen).

Goaltending could be a giant question mark until Lebedeff arrives... Jurusik reminds me of a slightly bigger Shane Connelly. Jack Berry reminds me of Scotty Gudmandson. The "good but not elite" type. I'm not sure those are the goalies that can win championships unless we have game changers (see above). See 2010 as an example, Gudmandson couldn't win it all with the most stacked college hockey team I've seen in my lifetime (started watching from 04-present).

Comment

Originally posted by IndianaBadger1995 View Post
                                Goaltending could be a giant question mark until Lebedeff arrives... Jurusik reminds me of a slightly bigger Shane Connelly. Jack Berry reminds me of Scotty Gudmandson. The "good but not elite" type. I'm not sure those are the goalies that can win championships unless we have game changers (see above). See 2010 as an example, Gudmandson couldn't win it all with the most stacked college hockey team I've seen in my lifetime (started watching from 04-present).
                                Thinking back to the last game in 2010 makes me want to puke. It is unfathomable how that team lost.

I haven't seen enough of Berry to pass judgement. There is hope that as he and Jurusik get more experience that they can improve. I do think Cons was better than Jurusik as this point.
                                Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                                Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                                Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                                "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                                Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Working...
                                X