Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Recruiting Vol. III - Building a better tomorrow...today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
    Bull****! I wanted my best friend's mom.

Ahem. Agreed. Like I've posted before, let's talk to him in
    3 years. 😒
    😀
    Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Recruiting Vol. III - Building a better tomorrow...today!

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
      Understood but that doesn’t mean he’ll continue to score at that pace and also outpace his peers over time.

I really want to see a study on how these kids fare over 16-17 year old commits over their NCAA careers.
      Agree 100%, but it's more likely he won't plateau than he will. To lock in now I think is better than fighting it out for a late bloomer with 40 other teams.

I do think the likelihood of a 14 yr old, an 8th grader, being locked in on where he wants to go to school in 4 years is more than a little unlikely, but he's not picking a school where he's gonna be there 4 to 5 years to learn a craft, he's going only going there for a year or 2 to play hockey primarily, though getting into UW is not easy at all.
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
        I bet your best friend's mom still looked good when you were 17 as well....
        Where's the spreadsheet link!?!?!?!?!??!

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
          Where's the spreadsheet link!?!?!?!?!??!
          Haha. THAT is the data we should really be looking for. How your best friend's Mom's attractiveness to you charted over time.
          Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
            Haha. THAT is the data we should really be looking for. How your best friend's Mom's attractiveness to you charted over time.
            Bow wow, none of my friend's moms were chart-worthy to start with. Now Sister Fancita on the other hand......................not really, just a good laugh...

Comment

Nick Pierre commitment beats deadline:

https://host.madison.com/wsj/sports/...A8D8C325175FCC
              gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Jesper Peltonen signs: https://***********/omahalancers/sta...634625537?s=21
                If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                  Jesper is a D.....that is good. Hmmm on Aleski......

Comment

Jesper is a D.....that is good. Hmmm on Aleski......
                    going back to NAHL https://***********/goicerays/status...65519392247814

He and Jesper turned 20 last week so if he comes next year, he would be 21.
                    Last edited by WiscTJK; 06-15-2018, 03:56 PM.
                    gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

• Tervetuloa ja onnittelut, Sampo!

The more Finns the merrier!
                      "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                        He and Jesper turned 20 last week so if he comes next year, he would be 21.
                        What are we, MI Tech with 21 yr old freshmen?

Comment

If this Illini hockey thing comes to fruition hockey recruiting is going to be insane for the Illinois kids. Hopefully Tony G can keep the pipeline open.

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                            If this Illini hockey thing comes to fruition hockey recruiting is going to be insane for the Illinois kids. Hopefully Tony G can keep the pipeline open.
                            I suspect he would lose a few but if they want to get to the NHL, there's no way they'd pick UI over UW, even if they get highly regarded coaching staff. Isn't UW closer to Chicago than the UI campus?

Comment

I suspect he would lose a few but if they want to get to the NHL, there's no way they'd pick UI over UW, even if they get highly regarded coaching staff. Isn't UW closer to Chicago than the UI campus?
                              From the north shore area, it's probably equidistant. (Pretty sure that's where the better talent is). But to your point, UW hockey vs. UI hockey; no ****ing comparison. I don't believe there are many ties for suburban Chicago hockey players to the U of I.
                              "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                                Not sure about the distance but I would worry about momentum if the nhl is assisting in promoting this or if it’s perceived that way. If they got a Chelios for a coach etc.

It’s a few years off at this point and that’s enough time for Granato/Osiecki to get Wisconsin back on track but when you think of how quickly PSU became a contender from nothing...

Comment

Working...
                                X