Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Recruiting Vol. III - Building a better tomorrow...today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neutral Zone is putting up free content from the NTDP Evaluation Camp. Going in they had Tanner Latsch as the #7 forward, Daniel Laatsch as the #3 D, and Anthony Kehrer as the #6 D. Noah Grannen the G from the Jr. Admirals was their #3 goalie going into the camp.

After day 1 they mentioned they had Grannen as their #1 'tender, Daniel Laatsch had a goal, and they have gushed about Kehrer both of the first two days of camp.

Comment

• Priority Selection is saying Tanner Latsch and Daniel Laatsch have been offered invites to play for the NTDP next year. Have not seen anything on Kehrer or Grannen but sure sounds like Kehrer played well. On top of Neutral Zone's reviews of Kehrer Jeff Cox was at camp and picked him for his hypothetical team as well.

Originally posted by DPlaya View Post
      Neutral Zone is putting up free content from the NTDP Evaluation Camp. Going in they had Tanner Latsch as the #7 forward, Daniel Laatsch as the #3 D, and Anthony Kehrer as the #6 D. Noah Grannen the G from the Jr. Admirals was their #3 goalie going into the camp.

After day 1 they mentioned they had Grannen as their #1 'tender, Daniel Laatsch had a goal, and they have gushed about Kehrer both of the first two days of camp.

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Recruiting Vol. III - Building a better tomorrow...today!

I'm kind of surprised at the silence regarding G Maksim Zhukov. News was fast and furious around late January when he made an official UW visit.

On an unrelated note,due to my forever ongoing negotiations with DirecTV, I receive a special sports package which includes "Eleven Sports". I was watching the SHL (Svenska hockeyligan) before the NHL games tonight. Colorful ice, circus uni's, and fans constantly signing like a Euro soccer game.
        "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
          I'm kind of surprised at the silence regarding G Maksim Zhukov. News was fast and furious around late January when he made an official UW visit.

On an unrelated note,due to my forever ongoing negotiations with DirecTV, I receive a special sports package which includes "Eleven Sports". I was watching the SHL (Svenska hockeyligan) before the NHL games tonight. Colorful ice, circus uni's, and fans constantly signing like a Euro soccer game.
          I've seen a few video's of that crazy ice, I'm not sure how I feel about it. Part of me says COOL! Part of me says YUCK. I do love the Euro soccer game singing, I so wish that was part of the college atmosphere.

Being a Euro, I'm sure Zhukov's academic road into UW is not easy, let's hope they are just pounding a few square academic classes into some round holes to make this work.
          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

With Zhukov I'd think there's as good a chance that he signs with Vegas and plays CHL next year as anything else. He'd still be eligible to play pro hockey the following season as he turns 20 the next summer. We'll see how it shakes out. Right now the Gamblers have a 2 point lead over Dubuque with 7 to play for the last playoff spot. If it stays that way it will be interesting as they play each other the last two games of the regular season in two weeks.
            Originally posted by WiscTJK
            I'm with Wisko and Tim.
            Originally posted by Timothy A
            Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
              With Zhukov I'd think there's as good a chance that he signs with Vegas and plays CHL next year as anything else. He'd still be eligible to play pro hockey the following season as he turns 20 the next summer. We'll see how it shakes out. Right now the Gamblers have a 2 point lead over Dubuque with 7 to play for the last playoff spot. If it stays that way it will be interesting as they play each other the last two games of the regular season in two weeks.
              Well then they better find the next stud as I am sick of mediocre goalie play.
              gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                Well then they better find the next stud as I am sick of mediocre goalie play.
                UW needs to get back to being goalie U. If you can't stop the puck it's pretty much a lost season. Again.
                Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by wisctjk View Post
                  well then they better find the next stud as i am sick of mediocre lousy goalie play.
                  f y p

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                    UW needs to get back to being goalie U. If you can't stop the puck it's pretty much a lost season. Again.
                    But Bill Howard was the reason Wisconsin gained the reputation as Goalie U. Is there another Goalie guru that Wisconsin can latch onto to resurrect the rep? Lacking that, I fear the Goalie U thing is now only Wisconsin history.

Comment

• Originally posted by jwilli View Post
                      But Bill Howard was the reason Wisconsin gained the reputation as Goalie U. Is there another Goalie guru that Wisconsin can latch onto to resurrect the rep? Lacking that, I fear the Goalie U thing is now only Wisconsin history.
                      Exactly. Guys like Richter and Cujo iirc would come back to Madison to get their Howie fix.

Don’t know if there’s a guy like that out there but I would start with canvassing the guys who learned from him as a start point.
                      Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Captains Messner and Mersch are both closing in on 40 USHL points.

Here's Dom Mersch sniping his 20th goal of the year.
                        I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

• Got a notification that Granato and Oz are following Corson Ceulemans. Plays for OHA Edmonton.

Comment

• Originally posted by digitalbooya View Post
                            Got a notification that Granato and Oz are following Corson Ceulemans. Plays for OHA Edmonton.
                            He must be pretty good to catch their attention.....he's 14.

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                              Exactly. Guys like Richter and Cujo iirc would come back to Madison to get their Howie fix.

Don’t know if there’s a guy like that out there but I would start with canvassing the guys who learned from him as a start point.
                              Two problems with goalie coaches:
                              One, they can't be paid other than some misc. expenses and stuff. They are unpaid volunteers.
                              Two, they can't be in the business of coaching goalies, which is what the best goalie coaches do. Including Howie.

After Howie, WI tried to have former Badger (and now former Stars NHL goalie coach) Mike Valley take over, but his regular job was goalie camps and coaching goalies. The NCAA notified UW that he couldn't do it because of the likelihood of improper contact with recruits. They even then tried to have Shuey fill in as a stop gap, but his Team Wisconsin involvement precluded him too. Just to be clear, goalie coaches cannot recruit at all, or have any outside contact with potential recruits. They can of course watch tape and make recommendations.

With the addition of Goody to the staff, the Badgers are actually in a lot better shape than most all NCAA teams. Goody plus Sanger, who was just an outstanding goalie for CC, and the main man in the nets all four years. Incidentally, he was a freshman in Lucia's last year and CC won over 100 games while he was there. Plus he played 5 years in the pros and has been coaching goalies ever since. Maybe there's someone else somewhere that we can get to come in for FREE... and who doesn't coach young players anywhere... but is still better? ... it's hard to think of how we're going to find that person, though.
                              I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                                He must be pretty good to catch their attention.....he's 14.
                                He's a D.

ALL YOUR D ARE BELONG TO US
                                I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Working...
                                X