Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Recruiting Vol. III - Building a better tomorrow...today!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Recruiting Vol. III - Building a better tomorrow...today!

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
    All 3 are coming next year per TDM.
    Here is the exact quote from the article.

"UW coach Tony Granato indicated Wednesday that the team's intention is to bring all of the players it signs into the fold for the 2018-19 season. But he added a caveat that there are "a lot of factors that go into that."

Some roster changes have to happen. I'm guessing some upperclassmen may be moving on.
    Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

• Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
      Here is the exact quote from the article.

"UW coach Tony Granato indicated Wednesday that the team's intention is to bring all of the players it signs into the fold for the 2018-19 season. But he added a caveat that there are "a lot of factors that go into that."

Some roster changes have to happen. I'm guessing some upperclassmen may be moving on.
      No doubt. TG is finally getting his guys in and like football with new coaches some of the prior regime’s players end up getting washed out.

It may not be pleasant but it’s the reality of D1 sports and the pro’s. The new coaches must be given leeway to make the tough decisions (Mel Pearson is doing the same thing).
      Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
        No doubt. TG is finally getting his guys in and like football with new coaches some of the prior regime’s players end up getting washed out.

It may not be pleasant but it’s the reality of D1 sports and the pro’s. The new coaches must be given leeway to make the tough decisions (Mel Pearson is doing the same thing).
        Of the forwards, there really aren't that many that are not TG's recruits: Malone, Freytag, Johnson, Zimmer, Zirbel, Labosky, Mersch, Messner. One would think they would have cut ties with Mersch & Messner already if they didn't think they fit the bill. Zirbel and Labosky don't play much at all. They would want to keep Malone, Freytag, Johnson & Zimmer (who they intentionally brought in early) right?
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

And I would guess all these NLI signers means the Peltonen brothers aren't coming......
          gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

I've updated the spreadsheet with two changes, but I have a feeling that this isn't the last time I'll be working with that spreadsheet in the coming weeks.

Comment

There aren’t too many obvious targets for this year’s purge.
              If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                There aren’t too many obvious targets for this year’s purge.
                Bunz, Sexton, Zirbel, Labosky?

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                  Bunz, Sexton, Zirbel, Labosky?
                  That’s about it

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Comment

That’s about it
                    The only thing we don't know are there any guys who are bad locker rooms guys among the kept Eaves players that may have to go for the betterment of the team. I don't want there to be and don't know if there are, but we all seem to agree something was amiss in there.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                      The only thing we don't know are there any guys who are bad locker rooms guys among the kept Eaves players that may have to go for the betterment of the team. I don't want there to be and don't know if there are, but we all seem to agree something was amiss in there.
                      Agree here. I thought Zirbel in his limited action looked pretty good. I don't know if the other three Bunz, Sexton, and Labosky saw the ice at all.

One guy missing from the spreadsheet, but on the roster is that kid from Europe.
                      gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                        One guy missing from the spreadsheet, but on the roster is that kid from Europe.
                        And added. He wasn't on the roster page the last time I looked, but he is on the sheet now. Man we have a ton of forwards in '20-'21.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                          Yeah, you never know, maybe there were a couple of Leavitt types in the locker room?

Tom Chorske tweeted UW and Michigan lead the B10?with 32 recruits each. That shows Oseicki is not alone in his tactics.
                          Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Trying to make a comprehensive list of players who decommitted, transfered, went to the CHL (or Europe, like Jordy Murray), or otherwise left without signing a pro contract, starting at the beginning of the eaves era.

Especially with TG’s recent purges, it’ll be a long list.

Any help coming up with names will be great.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18ImvKLUHKZyhn5-GSaO-5FHUVbRJv9Uypm4FIAQuLj8
                            Last edited by ExileOnDaytonStreet; 04-12-2018, 11:50 AM.

Comment

Trying to make a comprehensive list of players who decommitted, transfered, went to the CHL (or Europe, like Jordy Murray), or otherwise left without signing a pro contract, starting at the beginning of the eaves era.

Especially with TG’s recent purges, it’ll be a long list.

Any help coming up with names will be great.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...9Uypm4FIAQuLj8
                              There was this gem from ChAndy a few years ago

https://www.buckys5thquarter.com/wis...-decommit-team

Comment

Definitely reminded me of a few that I didn’t initially put on there.

Comment

Working...
                                X