Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Recruiting Vol. III - Building a better tomorrow...today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Recruiting Vol. III - Building a better tomorrow...today!

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
    If we get a roster full of Finns, Swedes and Russians, that will be some WFO hockey. Other social sites discussing Badger hockey have guys ****ing their pants over the past season and not looking to the future.

Not here.

There some concerns, etc., but nobody's jumping off any bridges. The future really does look bright.
    The way I look at it, we've already been through the awful. I'd like to see Tony get his time along with all of his kids to work with and go from there.
    Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Originally posted by DPlaya View Post
      So it appears I had the wrong Jr. Admirals goaltender...Noah Grannen is on the NTDP tryout roster. In their game against Team Wisconsin both Admiral goalies were wearing "Keich" jerseys meaning Grannen must have forgot his jerseys. I wrongly assumed it was Keich in the net.

Grannen is from the Milwaukee area.

BTW, Nuetral Zone has a free feature up on American-born USHL and NTDP likely Top 115 player rankings born in 2002. Latsch, Laatsch, Roepke, Kehrer and Grannen are all listed.
      Forgot his jersey??? hmmm... Maybe North Dakota is a better fit...
      Originally posted by WiscTJK
      I'm with Wisko and Tim.
      Originally posted by Timothy A
      Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
        If we get a roster full of Finns, Swedes and Russians, that will be some WFO hockey. Other social sites discussing Badger hockey have guys ****ing their pants over the past season and not looking to the future.
        I once heard a guy say somewhere, "there are a lot of idiot fans out there." Guy wasn't wrong.
        I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
          I once heard a guy say somewhere, "there are a lot of idiot fans out there." Guy wasn't wrong.
          First Rich, what is WFO?

Second for Wisko, the "local rink manager" was incorrect. The team at that time was a train wreck and he guaranteed getting fired with that comment about the fans that have supported him for decades. He lost me with that comment and I won't forget. With any team there are going to be a few dopes, but the vast majority are reasonable.
          gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
            First Rich, what is WFO?

Second for Wisko, the "local rink manager" was incorrect. The team at that time was a train wreck and he guaranteed getting fired with that comment about the fans that have supported him for decades. He lost me with that comment and I won't forget. With any team there are going to be a few dopes, but the vast majority are reasonable.
            Nobody ever said the vast majority aren't reasonable. Ever read the tweets to Milewski during and after games? There ARE a lot of idiots. "A lot" might be 100, or 50, or whatever -- if their vocal and stupid, it doesn't take much to constitute "a lot". IIRC, even Heller's response was, "Well... he wasn't wrong."

As far as Shuey goes, great guy who did his best, worked his *** off, and bled 10 years of his life for this program. 10 seconds of ill advised frustration comes out and the result was he got fired. What more do you want from him? Jail time? I'd say get over it, but folks do like to hold onto their grudges.
            I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

I'd say get over it, but folks do like to hold onto their grudges.
              This reminds me, aren't we due for someone to dig up the "I'm not a hockey guy" Alvarez quote?

Comment

Nobody ever said the vast majority aren't reasonable. Ever read the tweets to Milewski during and after games? There ARE a lot of idiots. "A lot" might be 100, or 50, or whatever -- if their vocal and stupid, it doesn't take much to constitute "a lot". IIRC, even Heller's response was, "Well... he wasn't wrong."

As far as Shuey goes, great guy who did his best, worked his *** off, and bled 10 years of his life for this program. 10 seconds of ill advised frustration comes out and the result was he got fired. What more do you want from him? Jail time? I'd say get over it, but folks do like to hold onto their grudges.

going off twitter replies is not reasonable by any measure.

as far as the other topic, you brought it up....
                Last edited by WiscTJK; 03-15-2018, 12:41 PM.
                gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

Comment

I would say it's the vocal minority, they type who would ***** about the doneness of a free porterhouse steak and that noodles in the free lobster mac and cheese were overcooked.
                  Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                  "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                  Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                    I would say it's the vocal minority, they type who would ***** about the doneness of a free porterhouse steak and that noodles in the free lobster mac and cheese were overcooked.
                    Oh, I agree. Calling them a minority isn't even accurate though as a minority at the KC could be 7000 people. It's a small number out of the whole. I could still call them "a lot" though given the size of the whole and their passion for "a lot" of demonstration.
                    I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

• Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                      First Rich, what is WFO?

Wide ****ing Open. There was a YUGE sign hanging in the Coliseum in the late 70s to early 80s that simply said "WFO". I was always told it had something to do with what Scott or Todd Lecy shouted on the ice; can another old ****er elaborate?
                      "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

I remember the sign, I think the translation is right.... but that's all I got.

There are some really good Euro's available, but sometimes it's tough to get them in school. If that's even what they want. A good deal of the time they are looking to get noticed and sign a pro deal.

More Euros would be good by me, but they do have to get a little North American hockey going for them, too. I love Weissbach and he could really be a superstar here, but I did notice he had just 2 blocked shots on the year. With all that ice time you'd think you couldn't help but get hit by a couple more than that!

Or maybe he just wasn't quite quick enough to get out of the way of those two?
                        I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                          Or maybe he just wasn't quite quick enough to get out of the way of those two?
                          Oh being Swedish he's fast enough, just not North American. I don't think Euros WANT to get in the way!😉
                          "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Bump over spam

Comment

Senior D Luke LaMaster was named to the MN High School All-State First Team.

Senior F Ben Almquist was named to the Second Team.

Congratulations, boys.
                              I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Oz liked a couple tweets about Ville Pokka from Finland. Haven't heard anything about this kid.

https://***********/BellevilleSens/status/978022455607545856

*****Nevermind - He played at Rockford. I am not a smart man admittedly.*****
                                Last edited by WiscTJK; 03-26-2018, 09:42 AM. Reason: cause I'm dumb

Comment

Working...
                                X