Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Recruiting Vol. III - Building a better tomorrow...today!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Recruiting Vol. III - Building a better tomorrow...today!

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
    NHL Network is broadcasting the U18 Worlds....

https://twitter.com/chrismpeters/sta...239402501?s=19

I agree with others regarding Zhukov. At first I was excited, but now Ive resigned to myself of the probability he's headed for the CHL.

At 6'2" + 170#, and his 16th birthday in a week, I'm sure Noah is still growing. He's heading in the right direction for today's prototype `tendie.

It's ironic that goaltending is an issue with this program. *sigh* We have no option except to be patient and trust who we've got.
    CHL has stricter restrictions on foreign goalies, it is a bit harder for European goalies to get into the CHL. I believe the CHL is going to review this restriction for goalies, he may be waiting for that to make a decision.
    Last edited by bucky15; 04-30-2018, 09:12 AM.

Comment

• I'm not surprised, but Nick and Jordan Schmaltz' cousin Jake committed to NoDak. Nick and Jordan really didn't have any ties to Madison hockey since they both played for Chicago Mission AAA. Jake DID play for Team IL for a couple years earlier but more recently has been playing for Edgewood and Team WI. No idea how good he is. No mention of talking to WI in the article I read. I wonder what their motivation was to play their youth hockey in Chicago?

Per Milewski today Ben Almquist signed an NLI. Not sure if I missed that before.
      Last edited by MadCityRich; 05-01-2018, 12:44 PM.
      "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

• Future Badger Owen Lindmark turned the hat trick tonight as the U17's evened up the USHL Eastern Conference Finals vs. Youngstown at a game apiece.
        Lindmark is an excellent skater and has a really good 200' game, plus some puck skills to boot. Another kid that's going to do great here.

Crazy game as the U17's were up 6-1 early in the second before the Phantoms started on the long comeback trail, getting it to 7-6 early in the third. A pair of USA goals 23 seconds apart finally put it out of reach and a late ENG made it 10-6. First ever U-17 win in the conference final.

Check out Owen's acceleration on this shorty:
        Last edited by Wisko McBadgerton; 05-03-2018, 11:04 AM.
        Originally posted by WiscTJK
        I'm with Wisko and Tim.
        Originally posted by Timothy A
        Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Per Milewski today Ben Almquist signed an NLI. Not sure if I missed that before.
          I assume he is coming in early for the moves by Krygier's to MSU freeing up some money and means Peltonen's aren't coming I would guess.
          gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
            I assume he is coming in early for the moves by Krygier's to MSU freeing up some money and means Peltonen's aren't coming I would guess.
            Not a big fan of straight out of HS plan. They aren't desperate for F's at this point, from what we know anyway.
            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Apparently he is still planning on enrolling for the 19/20 season.
              Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
                Apparently he is still planning on enrolling for the 19/20 season.
                This makes more sense. Milewski confirmed he hasn't signed an NLI yet and will return to the Tri City Storm, who incidentally have a stock pile of early phase 2 draft picks and should gain a bunch of talented players to go with Ben.

Best dream uses of extra $$:

Oliver Wahlstrom- is reportedly shaky on his commitment to Harvard. If not Harvard, most likely he plays AHL next year. Next most likely is BC or BU. But why not Wisco!?

Jack Hughes- if he doesn't return to NTDP, Michigan is the obvious choice. But maybe brother Quinn turns pro after the draft and Jack wants to strike out on his own with a former Redwings coach.

Filip Larsson. Monster year in USHL goal but his college coach has just bailed to the NHL. He needs a new home at goalie U.

Quinn and Sandelien are both rumored to be on the list for the NY Rangers job. BU commits Joel Farrabee, Tyler Weiss or Jake Wise, would all look better in Cardinal than red. UMD committs Cole Koepke, Noah and Jackson Cates, or Candian Tanner Laderoute, would surely all rather be Badgers than bull puppies given the chance.

Not to mention if one of those coaches goes, there's possibility of other coaching changes in the offing. Does anybody really want to be a Cloudy or a Goofer now when they could be a Badger? Possibility exists that it could be a target rich environment out there.

Having said all that, I don't expect any of those things to happen.
                I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Originally posted by wisko mcbadgerton View Post
                  having said all that, i don't expect any of those things to happen.
                  Haha.
                  Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
                    Haha.
                    Well, I did say "dream" uses.

Interesting, some code in my twitter quote above prevented the rest of this thread from showing up on my phone. I changed it and now it's all normal. Sorry to the millions of readers out there if this crossed you up.

Whatever the staff decides to do, if anything, I still say it doesn't make any sense to have available $$ sitting on the table rather than on the ice under any circumstances.
                    I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                      This makes more sense. Milewski confirmed he hasn't signed an NLI yet and will return to the Tri City Storm, .
                      Pretty sure Todd retweeted this, but apparently the school was wrong.

https://twitter.com/HolyFamilyFire/s...53421860098049
                      "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

If JD leaves, that's probably close to another full scholarship available for immediate use, 3 in total. Can't Cruikshank do to CC what the Kriegers did to UW? Come home Grant. Please.
                        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                          If JD leaves, that's probably close to another full scholarship available for immediate use, 3 in total. Can't Cruikshank do to CC what the Kriegers did to UW? Come home Grant. Please.
                          Did I miss something recent on JD? If he were leaving, why didn't he just leave last year if he was going to? I assume his issues were beyond injury related and he could have jumped to the OHL at any point instead of sticking it out at UW and resume playing after the semester break.

Minus the twins, I see us at only 7 guys I would want to see playing D regularly baring injury. It shouldn't be that difficult to keep everyone somewhat satisfied with playing time, especially when you mix in World Junior tourney absences and that even in a fortunate year when it comes to injuries, there will still be bumps and bruises.

Comment

Originally posted by markwojo View Post
                            Did I miss something recent on JD? If he were leaving, why didn't he just leave last year if he was going to? I assume his issues were beyond injury related and he could have jumped to the OHL at any point instead of sticking it out at UW and resume playing after the semester break.

Minus the twins, I see us at only 7 guys I would want to see playing D regularly baring injury. It shouldn't be that difficult to keep everyone somewhat satisfied with playing time, especially when you mix in World Junior tourney absences and that even in a fortunate year when it comes to injuries, there will still be bumps and bruises.
                            I'd say the reason he didn't leave last year is he owes his Mom (she's awesome) a college degree. That is why he didn't go to Canada and why he came here in the first place. I'd guess that would be why he's going USHL instead of to the Plymouth Whalers now too, as he'd certainly be a hot commodity in the CHL. I read somewhere Jordan is back at BU working on his degree in the off season as well. He's all but certainly leaving as there's no way Chicago burns a #1 pick on a 20 year old who's not coming. Looks like he'll be looking for a new school while working on his degree. Although it seems odd that he wouldn't be able to find another offer to play next year in NCAA, doesn't it? There's clearly a lot going on behind the scenes with JD that we're not privy to.

We're down 3 (potentially) drafted D for next year. Normally that would be devastating, but we'll probably be ok. Be really disappointing not to see JD develop here though as every time he played you could see his enormous raw talent and flashes of what he could be.
                            I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                              I put it at about a .001% chance that would happen. Besides, Grant broke his ankle and missed the last half of the season this year. Not sure where his game is at right now.

I'm still for poaching a Pio though as I'm still of the mind that scholarship $$ does no one any good if it isn't deployed. Not sure how much JD would've been getting this year, but there just has to be money in the bank right now.
                              I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Agree 100% on JDs potential. He’s a gifted player who just needed some more focus (defensively and in terms of bad penalties).

I’d rather see him get his head straight these next two years, if we can’t poach a quality D from DU (who owes us one by now).
                                If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Working...
                                X