Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Recruiting Vol. III - Building a better tomorrow...today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Recruiting Vol. III - Building a better tomorrow...today!

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
    By the way, gwhinwi; thanks for your work that you do and all you other guys, too!
    Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
    Ditto on the kudos to gwhinwi. It's just so great to have that reference so handy.
    Thanks for the nice words.

My daughter was rolling her eyes when she was watching me edit it this morning. Just couldn't understand why I bother.

Keeps me involved in the program when I'm not there to see all the games. That makes it worth it to me and if others benefit as well, then all the better.
    Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

I do think it's unrealistic for the typical Freshman player to assume they are going to come in an play right away. It all depends on a lot of factors, and I'm sure those brothers knew what UW's depth chart looked like prior to signing the NLI.
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
        Trying to make a comprehensive list of players who decommitted, transfered, went to the CHL (or Europe, like Jordy Murray), or otherwise left without signing a pro contract, starting at the beginning of the eaves era.

Especially with TG’s recent purges, it’ll be a long list.

Any help coming up with names will be great.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18ImvKLUHKZyhn5-GSaO-5FHUVbRJv9Uypm4FIAQuLj8
        Updated as best as I could.

****, it’s a list. Quite a few draft picks, albeit several that just fizzled out after they were drafted (Berkovitz, Hickey, Bearson, etc)
        Last edited by ExileOnDaytonStreet; 04-26-2018, 10:48 PM.
        If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

A lot of recent activity on that list, but I suppose it was to be expected once Eaves was fired.

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
            Updated as best as I could.

****, it’s a list. Quite a few draft picks, albeit several that just fizzled out after they were drafted (Berkovitz, Hickey, Bearson, etc)
            who's the d kid that went to UNH... he should be on here.
            gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
              who's the d kid that went to UNH... he should be on here.
              Max Gildon
              QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
              2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
              2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
              2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
              https://***********/QHockeyBlog
              https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
              https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

• Originally posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
                Max Gildon
                “The feeling I got after the coaching change was suspicious”

He actually said that.

http://unhhockeyblog.blogspot.com/2017/03/blue-chip-defenseman-max-gildon-commits.html

Comment

• Earlier today, one of our football recruits flipped to Ohio State. What the **** is going on? UW isn't ****ing Harvard.
                  "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

• Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                    Earlier today, one of our football recruits flipped to Ohio State. What the **** is going on? UW isn't ****ing Harvard.
                    https://***********/bshaw272727/status/990345105591754752?s=21

“I love and thank the Wisconsin community for Excepting me.”

Comment

Originally posted by digitalbooya View Post
                      https://***********/bshaw272727/status/990345105591754752?s=21

“I love and thank the Wisconsin community for Excepting me.”
                      Hence why he's going to OSU.

UW is doing a fantastic job with non 5 and 4 star guys as long as the coaching staff holds together.

Oz and Cons are in Florida screwing around, I think that coach's summit must be down there again very soon. UW has money to burn now, send Oz north and spend it.
                      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Coaches meetings have been going on in Naples since Thursday. Thought about running down there, looking for Tony and Oz and imparting my enormous wisdom on them, but that hardly seems fair to all the other NCAA teams.

U18's about to play for gold vs. the Finns. With Sampo it makes 5 future Badgers on the ice in the championship game.

Also, how strong are the NTDP U17's overall? 5 players move up to the U18's and the rest still beat the Chicago Steel 3 games to 1 to move on to the USHL Eastern conference final vs. Youngstown Phantoms. Pretty good stuff from them.
                        Last edited by Wisko McBadgerton; 04-29-2018, 09:38 AM.
                        Originally posted by WiscTJK
                        I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                        Originally posted by Timothy A
                        Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                          “The feeling I got after the coaching change was suspicious”

He actually said that.

http://unhhockeyblog.blogspot.com/20...n-commits.html
                          I'n a lifelong UNH fan, but even I rolled my eyes and shook my head when I read that quote.
                          UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

Comment

• Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                            Coaches meetings have been going on in Naples since Thursday. Thought about running down there, looking for Tony and Oz and imparting my enormous wisdom on them, but that hardly seems fair to all the other NCAA teams.

U18's about to play for gold vs. the Finns. With Sampo it makes 5 future Badgers on the ice in the championship game.

Also, how strong are the NTDP U17's overall? 5 players move up to the U18's and the rest still beat the Chicago Steel 3 games to 1 to move on to the USHL Eastern conference final vs. Youngstown Phantoms. Pretty good stuff from them.
                            The Finns score a late shorty and Oliver Wahlstrom (Harvard) missed a wide ****ing gaping open net from 3 feet out with a few seconds left. Finns win......

WFO

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                              The Finns score a late shorty and Oliver Wahlstrom (Harvard) missed a wide ****ing gaping open net from 3 feet out with a few seconds left. Finns win......

WFO
                              As good as the US under-ager's were in this tournament, (especially Hughes winning MVP) I'm not sure USA was even the 3rd best team there. Sweden, Canada and Finland might all have been better, so getting silver isn't all that terrible. Wahlstrom is never going to forget that open net... didn't even have to shoot it, just tip it toward the net and it was in. Tough one to live with for him.

Was really impressed with the incoming Badgers.

Ranta was in front of the net on both Finn PPG's and had the GWG on his stick in traffic in the slot with under 10 to play. Elevated it perfectly but just caught enough of Spencer Knight's face to stay out. He can really eat up the ice when he wants to and really battles hard for the puck. Going to be so good.

Emberson was a little shaky early in the opening game but settled in and was super solid the whole rest of the way. Just very reliable, makes all the right plays, always in position... Just what we need. Miller just was excellent, seems to be able to do anything and everything. Can just play anyway you want him to and makes it look easy.

Excited to have these guys in the fall.
                              Originally posted by WiscTJK
                              I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                              Originally posted by Timothy A
                              Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

• Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                                Excited to have these guys in the fall.
                                Absolutely!

Comment

Working...
                                X