Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Recruiting Vol. III - Building a better tomorrow...today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Recruiting Vol. III - Building a better tomorrow...today!

Mersch signed his NLI today (according to his mom, on Twitter.)

Seems like the class is filling out quickly.
    Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
      We all love our North Americans, but IMO these days, we cannot have enough Finns and Swedes. Exceptional talent.
      Watched some of the U18's vs. Sweden this morning (2-0 Sweden after 2) and their forwards are making our forwards look like we forgot to put laces in our skates.

Every time I see them, Miller and Emberson look terrific though.
      Originally posted by WiscTJK
      I'm with Wisko and Tim.
      Originally posted by Timothy A
      Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Really happy that Mersch is coming in. Nobody worked harder than Mike to make himself into scorer, and from what I hear, Dom is the same, if not more so. I predict he will have a real impact in his time here.

May take some patience, but we're going to love this kid:

I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Christian Krygier is next

Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

• Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
            Christian Krygier is next

Cole Krygier signed his as well.
            WISCONSIN BADGERS
            NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
            WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
            WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
            B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
            Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

I was assuming the Krygier's were going to play another year in the USHL. The number really don't make much sense as I can't see either of Emberson or Miller not coming as both are getting drafted and Miller probably fairly high. Even if Tischke goes pro, all of Ess, Inamoto, & Kalynuk are playing regular and Greenway I assume at some point will be making 8 D.

Comment

****. Mersch has 31 penalty minutes in only 8 games this year. He's going to give Greenway a run for his money next year a top the penalty minutes leaderboard.

Comment

Still some time left, but from what I’ve seen, looks like Messner, Cruikshank, Miller, and Emberson have yet to sign NLIs.

Peltonen’s have me worried they may end up playing elsewhere.
                  WISCONSIN BADGERS
                  WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013

Comment

One of them is struggling in the NAHL last I saw, so that might not be unexpected.
                    If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by UWisco View Post
                      Still some time left, but from what I’ve seen, looks like Messner, Cruikshank, Miller, and Emberson have yet to sign NLIs.

Peltonen’s have me worried they may end up playing elsewhere.
                      Posick on the radio said this morning that 6 or 7 have signed I believe. He said specifically Mick Messner had signed.
                      Last edited by WiscTJK; 11-14-2017, 07:21 AM.
                      gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

After reading Todd D's latest article, the only guys who won't be signed as today are the Peltonen boys and Cruikshank.
                        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Sampo Ranta

Dom Mersch

Mick Messner

Cole Krygier

Christian Krygier

Ty Emberson

K'Andre Miller

Daniel Lebedeff

That's eight. With eight Seniors, that's it for this period. Was a bit surprised by the Krygier's signing myself but I'm going to assume Oz knows what he's doing. Will have to see what spring brings as far as Frederic and Tischke (or anyone else) going pro and the status of Sexton, Bunz, Hurley (or anyone else) going forward.
                          I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

• Originally posted by markwojo View Post
                            I was assuming the Krygier's were going to play another year in the USHL. The number really don't make much sense as I can't see either of Emberson or Miller not coming as both are getting drafted and Miller probably fairly high. Even if Tischke goes pro, all of Ess, Inamoto, & Kalynuk are playing regular and Greenway I assume at some point will be making 8 D.
                            Have the Krygier's been announced by Wisconsin - or just by the Stars and the media? Many programs are playing the NLI game these days, manipulating the NLI deferral rules to lock players to the program, dismiss the risk of decommitments and then leave the 'signed' player in juniors another year.

UNH just signed Jackson Pierson to an NLI and there is no way he's coming next fall. They've done the same in the past with Liam Blackburn, who signed and played another year in the BCHL. Angus Crookshank currently in the BCHL signed for the first time last November.

It's only allowed at the behest of the athlete - but, that's naive and it's entirely driven by the school. And the benefit ONLY favors the schools. I hate that UNH does it. Notre Dame has been another offender. Perhaps Wisconsin is following the lead of other programs?? But usually schools will sign these players and make no announcements - so if WI has announced all these players then they're likely coming...
                            Live Free or Die!!
                            Miami University '03

Comment

Grant Cruikshank has decommitted from UW. Originally committed in 2014 under Eaves.
                              WISCONSIN BADGERS

Comment

Originally posted by UWisco View Post
                                Grant Cruikshank has decommitted from UW. Originally committed in 2014 under Eaves.
                                I guess he didn't like that the Country Club atmosphere is no longer around.
                                "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Working...
                                X