Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Recruiting Vol. III - Building a better tomorrow...today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
    Spreadsheet updated with Corson Ceulemans committing to the Badgers.

Considering he is 14, I have him as a '22-'23.
    Have we had a 14y/o commit before? Seems like a loooooong time for him to weigh his options. I hope he busts his balls, grows, strengthens, and becomes a Badger.
    "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Recruiting Vol. III - Building a better tomorrow...today!

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
      Can you update the women's sheet?
      Done. Sorry for not getting to it sooner. Let me know if there any mistakes.

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
      Have we had a 14y/o commit before? Seems like a loooooong time for him to weigh his options. I hope he busts his balls, grows, strengthens, and becomes a Badger.
      I may be wrong on this, but I thought that Brady Smith was a 14 year old commit. He was in 9th grade and committed 3 years ago, and I thought it was a pretty big deal then.
      Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
        Done. Sorry for not getting to it sooner. Let me know if there any mistakes.
        No need to apologize, the sheets are amazing and I am very thankful they exist.

The D will play better and that will help whoever is in goal, and until this year we've had no reason to question Sanger's ability to coach, so I do feel better about the situation. Let's give the guys a chance and see what happens. They still need to sign another goalie for at 19-20 so when 20-21 hits and Lebedeff is a Jr they have a So behind him just in case. If they don't, they will need one in 20-21 for sure. What does the talent pool for 19-20 and 20-21 look like for uncommitted goalies?
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post

I may be wrong on this, but I thought that Brady Smith was a 14 year old commit. He was in 9th grade and committed 3 years ago, and I thought it was a pretty big deal then.
          Jordan Schmaltz committed before he started high school. I'd like to say I can't remember how that worked out. ---> But I do.

It's crazy, but that's the college hockey world now. Look at the NTDP invitees, 46 essentially 15 year olds and 30 of them are already committed. Who knows how many will be top players still or stay committed to the same school 4 years from now. Add that to the increased appetite for young players in the NHL and the traditional young superstar system at UW, BU, BC, MI, MN etc. might be an endangered species. Be interesting to see how Motzko handles recruiting for the goofs over the next several years.
          Originally posted by WiscTJK
          I'm with Wisko and Tim.
          Originally posted by Timothy A
          Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
            Jordan Schmaltz committed before he started high school. I'd like to say I can't remember how that worked out. ---> But I do.
            Ah, can't believe that one slipped my mind. Oh, wait... yes I can.
            Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Caufield and Turcotte have been playing up with the U18's for around a dozen games or so, but getting named to the U18 National Team for the Worlds (with 18's Miller and Emberson) as U17's is a pretty exciting deal.

Congrat's boys. Go get the Gold!
              I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
                Top ten programs (not teams this year) is an interesting topic. I think no point in actually ranking them since the debate could go on forever, but a list of teams for me would be:

BC, BU, DU, ND, UM, UMD, UMN, UND, uw (9) and someone from Lowell, Providence, Qpac, or Union with PSU a quickly rising program

And I know you didn't ask me sorry
                I remembered writing this in January. Looks like UMD cemented itself as a top 8 hockey program in the nation.

Comment

Check out this link:

http://usatodayhss.com/2018/2017-18-...key-first-team

Little better than I thought? What do you make of this?

Comment

Originally posted by Ronny Wolf View Post
                    Check out this link:

http://usatodayhss.com/2018/2017-18-...key-first-team

Little better than I thought? What do you make of this?
                    Looks good to me. The kid from West Salem may just be another Pavs. You don't see a kid from WI on an all country hockey list very often. Interestingly the 1st and 3rd team goalies (Kelly sr / Johnson jr) are uncommitted.

Comment

Gorniak just signed his NLI this afternoon. Does that mean hes coming next year?

Comment

I'd guess it means yes, Gorniak will be a Badger right away. I was curious as to why he wasn't in Lincoln as I believe the Stars hold his rights.

Keep in mind the USA High School All American list is just that -- High School players and not any players in Juniors where obviously many of the best 17-18 year olds are playing. Still there are a lot of good high schoolers and the record of success among the very top HS players is pretty good.

Lot of people are very high on Gorniak and some project him as high as the late second round. While you never know how the jump to NCAA from high school is going to go... (Brad Navin comes to mind) I think given the roster situation it's a good move to get him in. I'm all for it.
                        I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Brock Caufield and Roman Ahcan also signed NLI's today. No indication when any of them are coming in yet according to Milewski. I think these two are probably most ready to contribute next season.

Comment

Originally posted by DPlaya View Post
                            Brock Caufield and Roman Ahcan also signed NLI's today. No indication when any of them are coming in yet according to Milewski. I think these two are probably most ready to contribute next season.
                            Yeah, but I'd be shocked to find out UW is handing out Spring LOI's to players that aren't coming in the fall. There's just no need to do it at this point.

Caufield has had a nice second half to his season and has impressed. Ahcan hasn't produced the big numbers with Cedar Rapids but finished strong with 5 goals in his last 6 games.

I like bringing in Gorniak now becasue he can come in and play down the lineup and get up to speed early. Then if it goes well can be a contributor later in the season. If he continues on a high trajectory (which nobody can say if he will) he won't be a 4 year player. Getting something from him next season and having him all set to go when the other Caufield and Turcotte arrive is a good plan to me.
                            I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                              Keep in mind the USA High School All American list is just that -- High School players and not any players in Juniors where obviously many of the best 17-18 year olds are playing.
                              I agree with the high school vs junior comparison, BUT....you didn't agree with me when I mentioned an NAHL player is just that, and not in the USHL for a reason.

It's a talent thing.

No Ian's Pizza for you, bro!
                              "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

All 3 are coming next year per TDM.

Comment

Working...
                                X