Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Recruiting Vol. III - Building a better tomorrow...today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Recruiting Vol. III - Building a better tomorrow...today!

Yeah something about that doesn't pass the smell test.
    If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

• Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
      ***? Liked the former staff over G2O? Ice up, son...ice up.
      The new staff passed on having him sign during the early period for a reason I believe. They must not have been as high on him as the old staff. Seems like Gildon is having a mediocre 2nd year at NTDP,. It's hard the believe the staff isn't currently recruiting a kid that they plan on bringing in next year. My guess is an older USHL player that is currently committed to another school.

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
        Agree it is very concerning. Is there anyone that we can turn, knowing that they can come in and contribute right away? Or they get pushed off another year by one of the top schools?
        Inamoto is going to be very good IMO. Of course, for my glass half empty friends, his rights are owned by Kitchener up North.

If we want to just pull names out of a hat, Josh Maniscalco off the NTDP U-18 decommitted from MN this last year and is a stud. And hey, suddenly Carson Vance is tied for 3rd in USHL D pts with 13 in 20... Or uncommitted 19 year old Finn, Veli-Matti Tiuraniemi is off to a good start with Dubuque.
        Originally posted by WiscTJK
        I'm with Wisko and Tim.
        Originally posted by Timothy A
        Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
          Inamoto is going to be very good IMO. Of course, for my glass half empty friends, his rights are owned by Kitchener up North.

If we want to just pull names out of a hat, Josh Maniscalco off the NTDP U-18 decommitted from MN this last year and is a stud. And hey, suddenly Carson Vance is tied for 3rd in USHL D pts with 13 in 20... Or uncommitted 19 year old Finn, Veli-Matti Tiuraniemi is off to a good start with Dubuque.
          I wouldn't worry about Kitchener too much for him. Our goalie who bolted there had a personal connection to Kitchener through the MacInnis family.

I guess the theory that Gildon knew of the coaching change coming before he committed was completely false.

Comment

flip Cole Hults? Plays for Capitals, Stoughton native, but brother at Lake Superior.
            gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
              flip Cole Hults? Plays for Capitals, Stoughton native, but brother at Lake Superior.
              Mitch backed out of his MN commit to go to Lake State with Cole so that seems pretty strong, but anything's possible.

I think G20's reach is pretty unlimited yet and ideally you'd like a top puck mover... but I guess the staff could also choose not to add with 4 D committed for the next year and still be ok. Maybe they'll just swing for the fences knowing they can strike out.
              I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

If we want to just pull names out of a hat, Josh Maniscalco off the NTDP U-18 decommitted from MN this last year and is a stud.
                He has totally fallen off. He got demoted to play U17 earlier this year if I remember...

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
                  He has totally fallen off. He got demoted to play U17 earlier this year if I remember...
                  He stayed and played two games vs. MN elite after the U18 played the goofs. Do you know it was a demotion or are you just assuming that?

He has played all 27 U-18 games to date. I know he played in the CCM All American Prospects game at the end of September and I saw him against Wisconsin.
                  I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Two write-ups from SBN in October. I don't think the U was too bummed to let him go.

"Josh Maniscalco-Maniscalco hasn’t been seeing much ice with the U18s so far this year, so he got some time down with the U17s who were short on D this weekend. Maniscalco really seems to have hit a plateau in his development. He’s pretty much the same player he was last year, which was pretty much the same player he was the year prior. He’s not terrible, and he should still be a nice college player for somebody down the road, but he’s not looking like a top prospect any more."

"Josh Maniscalco- Maniscalco doesn’t play as much as the other defenseman 5-on-5, though they use him quite a bit in penalty kill situations. It speaks to his defensive abilities, where he’s a strong, physical presence, but he doesn’t play an overly dynamic game."

Comment

And a note on Gildon, who seems to be trending back upwards.
                      "Max Gildon(Wisconsin)- A player with Gildon’s raw physical tools should be a slam-dunk for the first round of the draft. But I’m not sure that he has the hockey sense to match it. His huge shot from the point is a big asset that I’d like to see used more often. He’ll probably somewhere in the second round of the draft."

Comment

A lot of interesting recruiting information on tonight's Wisconsin Hockey Hour. Tony Granato was out on the road recruiting so Don Granato was on with Brian Posick. He explained how recruiting works and why so many younger kids are being "recruited" and committing at a young age. It sounded like these top recruits are visiting a couple schools they're interested in and meeting the coaches on campus and saying they're ready to commit. Don also stated that they have to start "recruiting and evaluating" kids at 12-13 years old. They find these top 10 kids at each age group by knowing their family advisors. Very interesting information about overall recuiting tonight...check it out on badgersportsnetwork.com.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
                          Two write-ups from SBN in October. I don't think the U was too bummed to let him go.
                          That's fine, I just take some exception to the "totally fallen off" and "demoted" comments as it leaves the impression he sucks. Which he doesn't. (and it seems the 17's only had maybe 4 D available for those two games and needed some bodies) Dilks is writing from the standpoint of top NHL prospects and is pretty critical of those he doesn't see as top round picks in those articles. But to be fair, he had also just watched the 18's get blown out 9-0.

I'd agree with this part:

"he’s a strong, physical presence, but he doesn’t play an overly dynamic game."

For next year the Badger's could probably use another puck mover, but the following year they have much more dynamic D coming in that they'd perhaps like to pair with a more defensive D. (Or maybe not, as Tony may want to just try to outscore everyone with all offensive type players, I don't know.)
                          I've seen this kid play a few times and my take is what he does, he does well. Keeps it simple, get it back, get it out, very tough in front of the net. Sort of like Tischke is playing the last few games, but doesn't have Tischke's explosive skates or top gear. (few guys do) But strong on his skates and a decent skater. He had no problem staying with a top skater like Hughes through the slot and muscling up on guys to deny the puck or get it back. Physical, good positioning, good instincts, calm, good awareness, finds the open guy and bodies up on him, makes the simple play and doesn't turn it over. Will be a good NCAA player.

Now having said that, he's still just a name I picked out of the air. Obviously G2O knows a lot about him and there's a lot of guys they could go after. There's also often more decommits and more guys who blossom as the year wears on.
                          I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Next Recruiting Grounds is up, covering the World Junior A Challenge which is coming up this Sunday. It's been a good tournament to recruit from and see what your already committed recruits have against good competition. Brendan Smith and Kyle Turris are just a couple Badgers that have participated...
                            Last edited by Shirtless Guy; 12-07-2016, 01:47 PM.
                            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

@JeffCoxSports: Buffalo Sabres draft pick Philip Nyberg flipped commitment from Wisconsin to UConn. 6'4" '97 RD from Sweden w/ Madison Caps (USHL) this year
                              QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
                              2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
                              2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
                              2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
                              https://***********/QHockeyBlog
                              https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
                              https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

I have removed Nyberg from the recruiting sheet and then added Cullen Hurley to the defensive depth chart.
                                Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Working...
                                X