Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Recruiting Vol. III - Building a better tomorrow...today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wisconsin Recruiting Vol. III - Building a better tomorrow...today!

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
    Agreed...kind of scary there are no real snipers coming in the next 2 years
    I think Zimmer, Malone, Labosky, Johnson and possibly Freytag can carry the scoring torch through 2019. 2020 looks a little thin maybe at F, but that's a LONG way away.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
      Agreed...kind of scary there are no real snipers coming in the next 2 years
      I think the offense could be down a little bit, but I disagree it will be scary. Here are some counterargument statistics/thoughts:

Tarek Baker finished 20th in points in the USHL last year 20-29=49 in 60 regular season games
      Sean Dhooghe finished 2nd in goals for the USNTDP last year with 20 in 54 games (they have him centering their 4th line this year)
      Matt Freytag finished tied for 4th in goals scored for the Badgers last season with 8 in 31 games
      Messner and Cruikshank are having some success in the USHL and BCHL and arrive in 2018-2019
      The defense is going to be so much better UW won't have to score 7 goals per game to win...and they should add to UW's offensive output

Somebody asked about going out and getting more players...they already did with the Dhooghe brothers...and that was with Sean de-committing from Ohio State. I would guess the ranks of uncommitted forwards for next season is pretty thin at this point.
      Last edited by DPlaya; 11-11-2016, 12:07 PM.

Comment

FWIW: The Windsor Spitfires (OHL) acquired the rights of Trent Frederic from Niagara. I don't think anything will come of it.

http://windsorspitfires.com/article/...ts-to-frederic
        "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by DPlaya View Post
          I think the offense could be down a little bit, but I disagree it will be scary. Here are some counterargument statistics/thoughts:

Tarek Baker finished 20th in points in the USHL last year 20-29=49 in 60 regular season games
          Sean Dhooghe finished 2nd in goals for the USNTDP last year with 20 in 54 games (they have him centering their 4th line this year)
          Matt Freytag finished tied for 4th in goals scored for the Badgers last season with 8 in 31 games
          Messner and Cruikshank are having some success in the USHL and BCHL and arrive in 2018-2019
          The defense is going to be so much better UW won't have to score 7 goals per game to win...and they should add to UW's offensive output

Somebody asked about going out and getting more players...they already did with the Dhooghe brothers...and that was with Sean de-committing from Ohio State. I would guess the ranks of uncommitted forwards for next season is pretty thin at this point.
          Yeah it really starts from the backend. Keep the puck out of the net then worry about scoring.

Comment

Originally posted by d3hockey57 View Post
            Yeah it really starts from the backend. Keep the puck out of the net then worry about scoring.
            I mean...they're just as important as each other. That's a mathematical fact.

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
              FWIW: The Windsor Spitfires (OHL) acquired the rights of Trent Frederic from Niagara. I don't think anything will come of it.

http://windsorspitfires.com/article/...ts-to-frederic
              At least it isn't London
              If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
                I mean...they're just as important as each other. That's a mathematical fact.
                As long as the net difference between GF and GA is positive you're in good shape.

Comment

Based on Sioux City's line chart photo tonight, Stillwell is no longer coming to Wisconsin.
                  WISCONSIN BADGERS
                  NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
                  WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
                  WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
                  B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
                  Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

I have done some large cleanup on the sheet as I have been informed that Stillwell, Parcells, and Becker are no longer coming to the UW.

Certainly makes the sheet a bit less complicated.
                    Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
                      I have done some large cleanup on the sheet as I have been informed that Stillwell, Parcells, and Becker are no longer coming to the UW.

Certainly makes the sheet a bit less complicated.
                      One other thing I noticed for the spreadsheet....McGuire is listed as a RS Junior on the spreadsheet and on the UWbadgers.com roster he is listed as a Senior.

Thanks for keeping it up to date!

Comment

One other thing I noticed for the spreadsheet....McGuire is listed as a RS Junior on the spreadsheet and on the UWbadgers.com roster he is listed as a Senior.

And fixed.

They had him listed as a redshirt last year, I think... I don't know. Paint thinner on tap at the house tonight.

Comment

Joey Abate's page on the NAHL site does not list him as a UW recruit, nor does the page that shows all the college commitments for the Janesville Jets...

Comment

Sioux City put this out on October 27th-Sampo Ranta (knee) is currently in rehab and is expected to be out between 10 and 14 days. It does not look like he is in their lineup tonight though.

Comment

Haven't heard anything about his departure yet. I removed the ones that I have gotten confirmation for. I will make a note of his change though.

Comment

Sioux City put this out on October 27th-Sampo Ranta (knee) is currently in rehab and is expected to be out between 10 and 14 days. It does not look like he is in their lineup tonight though.
                                He hasn't played the whole year.
                                WISCONSIN BADGERS
                                NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
                                WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
                                WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
                                B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
                                Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

Working...
                                X