Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Recruiting Vol. III - Building a better tomorrow...today!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Recruiting Vol. III - Building a better tomorrow...today!

Per Twitter....Noah Grannan (02) commits to Wisconsin. Milwaukee Jr. Admirals 16U, USHL Combine alum, NTDP Evaluation Camp invitee. Talented goalie, poised under pressure.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
      Per Twitter....Noah Grannan (02) commits to Wisconsin. Milwaukee Jr. Admirals 16U, USHL Combine alum, NTDP Evaluation Camp invitee. Talented goalie, poised under pressure.
      Good. Now lets hear about a big Rusky goalie committing to come in this fall and the goaltending will quickly be in solid shape. Speaking of Zhukov, would his lack of a commitment (anywhere) perhaps be due to academic hurdles needing to be met to go to college? Waiting for 2nd semester grades?

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
        This is the kid I mentioned a few weeks back that played TW U16 at State and had NTDP tryout. Was ranked 3rd goalie in his age group by one scouting service.

Comment

Originally posted by markwojo View Post
          Good. Now lets hear about a big Rusky goalie committing to come in this fall and the goaltending will quickly be in solid shape. Speaking of Zhukov, would his lack of a commitment (anywhere) perhaps be due to academic hurdles needing to be met to go to college? Waiting for 2nd semester grades?
          It almost has to be an academic issue, otherwise I'm sure he would have been scooped up by another D1 team already that is easier to get into than UW, which as we know is not easy to get into. Looks bleak to me.

Originally posted by DPlaya View Post
          This is the kid I mentioned a few weeks back that played TW U16 at State and had NTDP tryout. Was ranked 3rd goalie in his age group by one scouting service.
          You are da man! Or are you Oz?

Comment

Supposedly only Drew Commesso was offered a goaltending spot right out of tryouts for next year's NTDP camp, but thinking perhaps Grannan has been offered the other spot based on UW's offer....

Comment

NHL Network is broadcasting the U18 Worlds....

https://twitter.com/chrismpeters/sta...239402501?s=19

I agree with others regarding Zhukov. At first I was excited, but now Ive resigned to myself of the probability he's headed for the CHL.

At 6'2" + 170#, and his 16th birthday in a week, I'm sure Noah is still growing. He's heading in the right direction for today's prototype `tendie.

It's ironic that goaltending is an issue with this program. *sigh* We have no option except to be patient and trust who we've got.
              Last edited by MadCityRich; 04-17-2018, 07:35 PM.
              "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

I’ll trust the D Corps first, at least for the time being.
                If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

U18's took it on the chin today in a 3-1 loss to the Swedes in the preliminaries. Sweden was better most of the way as USA turned the puck over early and often. Spencer Knight kept the Americans in it with a strong performance in goal but Sweden broke the 1-1 deadlock on a PP goal in the last two minutes. Two losses in a row now for Team USA.

Have to say though I really love Alex Turcotte's game. As an '01 playing with '00's he has no problem at all stepping up. Speed, vision and skill, he has it, but what is most impressive is his relentlessness. Centering the 2nd line, he plays with the motor of a 4th liner that's only getting 6 minutes a game and is desperate to make an impact. He is definitely all go, all the time. Just love the kid.

Elsewhere, the Russians were upset 5-4 behind a pair of goals from Finnish star Niklas Nordgren. But it was late in the second when the Finns were trailing 4-2 and in big trouble that incoming Badger Sampo Ranta made his mark. With just 9 seconds left in the period, Ranta snuck out from behind the goal, and after fighting off a Russian defender, hammered home the puck to lift Finnish spirits. They carried that momentum forward and out-played the favored Russians in the third, adding 2 more for the come from behind win.

Go Finns!
                  Originally posted by WiscTJK
                  I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                  Originally posted by Timothy A
                  Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

I hereby challenge the current Crease Creatures to come up with a song for Sampo.

He’s going to give you guys a lot of chances to sing one.
                    If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Can't wait to see Cole Caufield on UW Campus in 2019....

https://twitter.com/USAHockeyNTDP/st...51067725942784

With @ColeCaufield's second tally of the game, he is now tied with @88PKane and @PKessel81 for the second most goals scored in a single #NTDP season with 52.
                      gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                        Can't wait to see Cole Caufield on UW Campus in 2019....

https://twitter.com/USAHockeyNTDP/st...51067725942784

With @ColeCaufield's second tally of the game, he is now tied with @88PKane and @PKessel81 for the second most goals scored in a single #NTDP season with 52.

HahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahaha haHahahahahahahahaHahahahahahaha

Comment

And Caufield from Turcotte completes the hat trick late in the game to surpass Kessel and Kane. Turcotte opened the scoring followed by a snipe from K'Andre Miller to make it 2-0. Game was all USA the whole way as Belarus is a team that was just here for the relegation fight in this tournament from the beginning. Turcotte named player of the game for USA. Good day for future Badgers, scoring 5 of 8 in the 8-0 win.
                          I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

On the other side, Ranta and Finland are 4-0 and FINNish first in Group B. I believe they will now play Belarus in the quarter finals.

3-0 Swedes and Canooks up next for first place in group A. USA will be third.
                            I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Canada defeats Sweden 3-2 in OT and Russia beats the Slovaks in a shootout to close out the preliminaries.

So-- USA will have to play Russia in the quarter finals, then likely face Canada in the semi just to get to the final, which is likely to be against Sweden or Finland. Tough road ahead but that's the way it goes when you don't play well enough in the preliminary round.

Quarter finals are scheduled for Thursday.
                              I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Krygier twins are now committed to Michigan State and will be going this fall

Comment

Working...
                                X