Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Recruiting Vol. III - Building a better tomorrow...today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by markwojo View Post
    Not surprising looking at his production last year that he would fall off the UW radar. For all the hand wringing on taking to many verbal commits, things always end up sorting themselves out as kids develop (or don't) and it becomes clear who is and who is not a D1 caliber player.
    Problem is, if you do that too often it will catch up to you.
    @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
    On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
    High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Recruiting Vol. III - Building a better tomorrow...today!

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
      Problem is, if you do that too often it will catch up to you.
      Until they make rules that say otherwise, teams will keep doing it. Still waiting for the first 11 year old hockey commit, because we all know it's coming.
      Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
        UW needs to get the goalie evaluation thing down. I was hoping G2O/GOS would be able to get this right, without it UW is sunk. I wonder is they consult with anyone to evaluate goalies.
        I wouldn't be to concerned about a goalie recruit in the NAHL or USHL. It is about getting the minutes and being close to your goalie coach and him being in Janesville or Madison he still has his local coach nearby.

Comment

• Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
          Until they make rules that say otherwise, teams will keep doing it. Still waiting for the first 11 year old hockey commit, because we all know it's coming.
          I meant players will become wary of committing. It has happened to more than a few coaches. I remember it came back to bite Doug Woog a bit. If you offer too many players and then pull offers or delay kids too long, you build a reputation for doing that.

Comment

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
            I meant players will become wary of committing. It has happened to more than a few coaches. I remember it came back to bite Doug Woog a bit. If you offer too many players and then pull offers or delay kids too long, you build a reputation for doing that.
            I gotcha. I see what you are saying. For the UW, I have to wonder how many of these kids that committed under Eaves will just have their current clubs silently pull their future status as a way to "make it go away."
            Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

• Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
              I gotcha. I see what you are saying. For the UW, I have to wonder how many of these kids that committed under Eaves will just have their current clubs silently pull their future status as a way to "make it go away."
              No doubt. I didn't mean to imply that the current coaches at UW were doing anything wrong. There is undoubtedly going to be some of that during a coaching transition, and I imagine most recruits they are pursuing will understand that. It is long-term that I think coaches need to be careful with how much they do it.

Comment

It's going to be a busy upcoming weekend/week for recruiting.
                Last edited by bucky15; 10-05-2017, 08:57 PM.

Comment

What's happening this weekend/week?

Comment

I just saw that forward Cole Caufield from Stevens Point de-committed from Ohio State last weekend. He is currently ripping it up for the USNTDP U-17's. He would look real good in Cardinal and White. Not that it appears UW has room for him...

Comment

Originally posted by DPlaya View Post
                      I just saw that forward Cole Caufield from Stevens Point de-committed from Ohio State last weekend. He is currently ripping it up for the USNTDP U-17's. He would look real good in Cardinal and White. Not that it appears UW has room for him...
                      Really? Where did you see that, I would like to read about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Innova View Post
                        Really? Where did you see that, I would like to read about it.
                        He was shown as uncommitted on the U-17 line chart against the Chicago Steel in the game this past weekend.
                        QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
                        2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
                        2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
                        2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
                        https://***********/QHockeyBlog
                        https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
                        https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

Gotta make room for the local guy. Make it happen.
                          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

I personally think there is a little more room (especially at forward) then what there may currently appear to be. There is/are Eaves recruited forward(s) that need to have a significant step up in productivity in the USHL this year if they are ever going to end up in Madison collegiately...at least on a scholarship basis. Next mix in the usual suspects of attrition like academics, criminal issues, injuries, transfers, decommits/guys going Major Junior instead of college and there are some current roster guys as well as committed recruits that always move on by their own doing even if the staff might otherwise like to have them.

Comment

Originally posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
                              He was shown as uncommitted on the U-17 line chart against the Chicago Steel in the game this past weekend.
                              I thought that I had seen a previous version of this tweet that had mentioned the decommitment, but this is all that I could find right now

Comment

I think Posick retweeted something about him decomitting.
                                WISCONSIN BADGERS
                                NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
                                WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
                                WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
                                B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
                                Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

Working...
                                X