Page 45 of 49 FirstFirst ... 353637383940414243444546474849 LastLast

Thread: Wisconsin Recruiting Vol. III - Building a better tomorrow...today!

Let's go RED!

Re: Wisconsin Recruiting Vol. III - Building a better tomorrow...today!

Per Twitter....Noah Grannan (02) commits to Wisconsin. Milwaukee Jr. Admirals 16U, USHL Combine alum, NTDP Evaluation Camp invitee. Talented goalie, poised under pressure.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy A View Post
    Per Twitter....Noah Grannan (02) commits to Wisconsin. Milwaukee Jr. Admirals 16U, USHL Combine alum, NTDP Evaluation Camp invitee. Talented goalie, poised under pressure.
    Good. Now lets hear about a big Rusky goalie committing to come in this fall and the goaltending will quickly be in solid shape. Speaking of Zhukov, would his lack of a commitment (anywhere) perhaps be due to academic hurdles needing to be met to go to college? Waiting for 2nd semester grades?

This is the kid I mentioned a few weeks back that played TW U16 at State and had NTDP tryout. Was ranked 3rd goalie in his age group by one scouting service.

Let's go RED!

Quote Originally Posted by markwojo View Post
    Good. Now lets hear about a big Rusky goalie committing to come in this fall and the goaltending will quickly be in solid shape. Speaking of Zhukov, would his lack of a commitment (anywhere) perhaps be due to academic hurdles needing to be met to go to college? Waiting for 2nd semester grades?
    It almost has to be an academic issue, otherwise I'm sure he would have been scooped up by another D1 team already that is easier to get into than UW, which as we know is not easy to get into. Looks bleak to me.

Quote Originally Posted by DPlaya View Post
    This is the kid I mentioned a few weeks back that played TW U16 at State and had NTDP tryout. Was ranked 3rd goalie in his age group by one scouting service.
    You are da man! Or are you Oz?

Supposedly only Drew Commesso was offered a goaltending spot right out of tryouts for next year's NTDP camp, but thinking perhaps Grannan has been offered the other spot based on UW's offer....

SIEVE chant & BUD SONG originators

NHL Network is broadcasting the U18 Worlds....

https://twitter.com/chrismpeters/sta...239402501?s=19

I agree with others regarding Zhukov. At first I was excited, but now Ive resigned to myself of the probability he's headed for the CHL.

At 6'2" + 170#, and his 16th birthday in a week, I'm sure Noah is still growing. He's heading in the right direction for today's prototype `tendie.

It's ironic that goaltending is an issue with this program. *sigh* We have no option except to be patient and trust who we've got.
    Last edited by MadCityRich; 04-17-2018 at 07:35 PM.

Drunkard

Iíll trust the D Corps first, at least for the time being.

Teaching you how to Bucky.

U18's took it on the chin today in a 3-1 loss to the Swedes in the preliminaries. Sweden was better most of the way as USA turned the puck over early and often. Spencer Knight kept the Americans in it with a strong performance in goal but Sweden broke the 1-1 deadlock on a PP goal in the last two minutes. Two losses in a row now for Team USA.

Have to say though I really love Alex Turcotte's game. As an '01 playing with '00's he has no problem at all stepping up. Speed, vision and skill, he has it, but what is most impressive is his relentlessness. Centering the 2nd line, he plays with the motor of a 4th liner that's only getting 6 minutes a game and is desperate to make an impact. He is definitely all go, all the time. Just love the kid.

Elsewhere, the Russians were upset 5-4 behind a pair of goals from Finnish star Niklas Nordgren. But it was late in the second when the Finns were trailing 4-2 and in big trouble that incoming Badger Sampo Ranta made his mark. With just 9 seconds left in the period, Ranta snuck out from behind the goal, and after fighting off a Russian defender, hammered home the puck to lift Finnish spirits. They carried that momentum forward and out-played the favored Russians in the third, adding 2 more for the come from behind win.

Go Finns!
    Quote Originally Posted by WiscTJK View Post
    I'm with Wisko and Tim.
    Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Drunkard

I hereby challenge the current Crease Creatures to come up with a song for Sampo.

Heís going to give you guys a lot of chances to sing one.

Can't wait to see Cole Caufield on UW Campus in 2019....

https://twitter.com/USAHockeyNTDP/st...51067725942784

With @ColeCaufield's second tally of the game, he is now tied with @88PKane and @PKessel81 for the second most goals scored in a single #NTDP season with 52.

Let's go RED!

Can't wait to see Cole Caufield on UW Campus in 2019....

https://twitter.com/USAHockeyNTDP/st...51067725942784

With @ColeCaufield's second tally of the game, he is now tied with @88PKane and @PKessel81 for the second most goals scored in a single #NTDP season with 52.

HahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahaha haHahahahahahahahaHahahahahahaha

And Caufield from Turcotte completes the hat trick late in the game to surpass Kessel and Kane. Turcotte opened the scoring followed by a snipe from K'Andre Miller to make it 2-0. Game was all USA the whole way as Belarus is a team that was just here for the relegation fight in this tournament from the beginning. Turcotte named player of the game for USA. Good day for future Badgers, scoring 5 of 8 in the 8-0 win.
    I'm with Wisko and Tim.

On the other side, Ranta and Finland are 4-0 and FINNish first in Group B. I believe they will now play Belarus in the quarter finals.

3-0 Swedes and Canooks up next for first place in group A. USA will be third.
    I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Canada defeats Sweden 3-2 in OT and Russia beats the Slovaks in a shootout to close out the preliminaries.

So-- USA will have to play Russia in the quarter finals, then likely face Canada in the semi just to get to the final, which is likely to be against Sweden or Finland. Tough road ahead but that's the way it goes when you don't play well enough in the preliminary round.

Quarter finals are scheduled for Thursday.
    I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Krygier twins are now committed to Michigan State and will be going this fall

Quote Originally Posted by herbst20 View Post
    Saw that on Twitter a while ago while out on the town...interesting. I wonder what the story is? Simply the fact that there is a logjam, or were they possibly being asked to defer a season?

**** 'em. De-committing is one thing. But asking for a release from a NLI you signed 4 months ago, then go to a school in the same conference is another. **** 'em. I hope we beat the **** out of them everytime we play them.

Let's go RED!

Quote Originally Posted by herbst20 View Post
    Were they going to crack the top 6? Not likely. Didn't they flip from someone else to UW? That gets UW down to 9 D next year with Peltonen assumed not to be coming either, assuming Sexton and Bunz return. 10 D the following year assuming no one leaves early.

Were they going to crack the top 6? Not likely. Didn't they flip from someone else to UW? That gets UW down to 9 D next year with Peltonen assumed not to be coming either, assuming Sexton and Bunz return. 10 D the following year assuming no one leaves early.
    Solid players so it hurts us because they were insurance against injury or if JD doesn't get it together or somebody else goes in the tank, but I'm not overly worried. Probably works better for everybody in the long run. (Until the Krygier boys beat the odds and become superstars elsewhere, that is.) Sounds like a family advisor deal to me as Sparty was barred from recruiting them. Somebody looked at the lineup and decided playing time at UW wasn't worth waiting a year for and then learned playing time could be had at Mi St right away.

Interesting development because there had to be some sort of scholarship $$ tied to their NLI. What will we do with it?

As for the next year, I'd say Peltonnen's a longshot yet to be a Badger and Brady Smith also has a lot of work to do to play for Oz. If anybody leaves early, we may very well be short.
    I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Quote Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
    Solid players so it hurts us because they were insurance against injury or if JD doesn't get it together or somebody else goes in the tank, but I'm not overly worried. Probably works better for everybody in the long run. (Until the Krygier boys beat the odds and become superstars elsewhere, that is.) Sounds like a family advisor deal to me as Sparty was barred from recruiting them. Somebody looked at the lineup and decided playing time at UW wasn't worth waiting a year for and then learned playing time could be had at Mi St right away.

Interesting development because there had to be some sort of scholarship $$ tied to their NLI. What will we do with it?

As for the next year, I'd say Peltonnen's a longshot yet to be a Badger and Brady Smith also has a lot of work to do to play for Oz. If anybody leaves early, we may very well be short.
    I posted on the main thread. Todd M states their dad said they want to play right away and academics might be a problem. Follow him on Twitter, if anybody knows anything, it's him.

Thread Information