Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Recruiting Vol. III - Building a better tomorrow...today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Recruiting Vol. III - Building a better tomorrow...today!

Originally posted by markwojo View Post
    BREAKING NEWS: @MassimoRizzo28 has committed to the @bchllive Vees and will wear number 13 when the puck drops next season #veesnation #BCHL
    Is that good or bad for attending college vs major juniors....
    gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
      Good news for college.

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
        He could play major juniors this year as he just turned 16, (Kamloops Blazers hold his rights) so he's at least keeping his options open. Penticton has, of course, also been a pretty good NCAA pipeline. Perhaps it won't hurt that the Vees Captain this year will be future Badger Grant Cruikshank.
        Originally posted by WiscTJK
        I'm with Wisko and Tim.
        Originally posted by Timothy A
        Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
          He could play major juniors this year as he just turned 16, (Kamloops Blazers hold his rights) so he's at least keeping his options open. Penticton has, of course, also been a pretty good NCAA pipeline. Perhaps it won't hurt that the Vees Captain this year will be future Badger Grant Cruikshank.
          I think Rumps should reach out and do a little stumping for UW too. Any other former Vee's who are UW alum?

Is the assumption he's a 1 and done college player?
          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
            I think Rumps should reach out and do a little stumping for UW too. Any other former Vee's who are UW alum?

Is the assumption he's a 1 and done college player?
            The only Badgers I can think of that were Vees are Rumps, Jed Soleway, Paddy Sexton, and of course Ron Vincent played for Penticton way back in the day, and is now the managing partner. Lots of good NCAA players have played there though, going back to Paul Kariya and beyond.

Rizzo projects out as that kind of player, a year or two, yes. He was the first round pick (15th overall) for Kamloops in the WHL last year. Franchise type player, assuming he continues on the same trajectory.
            Originally posted by WiscTJK
            I'm with Wisko and Tim.
            Originally posted by Timothy A
            Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Taking a quick peek at Rizzo's Twitter follows, there are a good number of Badgers in there...

Owen Lindmark (20-21)
              TJ Koufis (20-21)
              Ethan Leyh (20-21)
              Alex Turcotte (19-20)
              Grant Cruikshank (19-20)

oh, and Coach Tony too

Granted, there is some BC, BU, NoDak, Denver, Minnesota mixed in there too

Comment

Originally posted by KaMiGo View Post
                Taking a quick peek at Rizzo's Twitter follows, there are a good number of Badgers in there...

Owen Lindmark (20-21)
                TJ Koufis (20-21)
                Ethan Leyh (20-21)
                Alex Turcotte (19-20)
                Grant Cruikshank (19-20)

oh, and Coach Tony too

Granted, there is some BC, BU, NoDak, Denver, Minnesota mixed in there too
                I like that he follows Coach Granato. Could be a good sign.

Comment

Link to 30-man USHL Rosters and affiliate lists. Tons of Badgers in there.

Comment

Originally posted by DPlaya View Post
                    Link to 30-man USHL Rosters and affiliate lists. Tons of Badgers in there.
                    Here are the Badger players on the lists. I used a *** when the list's entry date for the player to UW does not match the Projected Wisconsin Recruiting Chart and put the recruiting chart's projected player's date of entry in parenthesis.

30-Man List Players
                    Roman Ahcan 2018-Bloomington*** (2019)
                    Brady Smith 2019-Bloomington
                    Samuel Stevens 2018-Chicago*** (2019)
                    Trenton Bliss 2018-Green Bay
                    Cole Krygier 2018-Lincoln
                    Christian Krygier 2019-Lincoln***(2018)
                    Dominic Mersch 2018-Lincoln
                    Joe Abate 2018-Madison
                    Daniel Lebedeff 2018-Madison
                    Mick Messner 2018-Madison
                    Mathieu De St. Phalle 2019-Sioux City
                    Sampo Ranta 2018-Sioux City
                    Linus Weissbach 2017-Tri-City

Affiliates
                    Dylan Holloway 2019-Chicago*** (2021)
                    TJ Koufis 2020-Omaha
                    Ethan Leyh 2020-Sioux City
                    Ben Helgeson 2019-Waterloo*** (2020)

Comment

Things main frustratingly quiet on the status of Kyle Hayton and his possible transfer to Wisconsin from St Lawrence.

According to the St Lawrence website, undergrad summer classes ended July 1. If something was going to happen you would think that it would happen by now.

Hayton is still comes up as a student on a search through the St Lawrence website, listed as a Sr.

I wonder when we will hear something official one way or the other.

Comment

• Originally posted by KaMiGo View Post
                        Things main frustratingly quiet on the status of Kyle Hayton and his possible transfer to Wisconsin from St Lawrence.

According to the St Lawrence website, undergrad summer classes ended July 1. If something was going to happen you would think that it would happen by now.

Hayton is still comes up as a student on a search through the St Lawrence website, listed as a Sr.

I wonder when we will hear something official one way or the other.
                        I was wondering about that too, so I checked when grad classes are going on and those ended last Friday (8/4), so I was hoping to hear something Friday or in the few days since then.

Comment

Originally posted by GBBadger14 View Post
                          I was wondering about that too, so I checked when grad classes are going on and those ended last Friday (8/4), so I was hoping to hear something Friday or in the few days since then.
                          I thought that he was finishing up his undergrad classes and then transferring to Madison as a graduate student. I wouldn't have anticipated him taking any graduate courses at St Lawrence.

Comment

• Originally posted by KaMiGo View Post
                            I thought that he was finishing up his undergrad classes and then transferring to Madison as a graduate student. I wouldn't have anticipated him taking any graduate courses at St Lawrence.
                            Yea, I thought so too, but since we hadn't heard anything, I just assumed there was one or two more classes he had left for the rest of the summer (the initial news broke right when their undergrad classes ended). Just a guess.

Comment

It would be huge to land him and I still have my fingers crossed.
                              gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

• FWIW...

Comment

Working...
                                X