Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Recruiting Vol. III - Building a better tomorrow...today!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Recruiting Vol. III - Building a better tomorrow...today!

Originally posted by UWisco View Post
    Anthony Kehrer commits to Wisconsin.
    "Gloriosus et Liber!"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coat_o...f_Manitoba.svg
    "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
      Osiecki goes far and wide but he saw this particular kid in Minnesota a few weeks ago at a big bantam tournament that included Gentry Academy, the school the Lucius brothers play for.
      Are the Lucuis brothers some big time recruits?
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Everyone says yes but they are both in 8th grade... So there's no point in even thinking about them until at least the middle of 11th grade. Too many Gopher recruits have had their peers pass them in development for us to get too excited anymore. Guessing you guys are in the same boat with all the young commitments.

I should clarify the older one is the more heralded. The younger one seems like a package deal at this point.
        Last edited by Bonin21; 09-23-2017, 08:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
          Everyone says yes but they are both in 8th grade... So there's no point in even thinking about them until at least the middle of 11th grade. Too many Gopher recruits have had their peers pass them in development for us to get too excited anymore. Guessing you guys are in the same boat with all the young commitments.

I should clarify the older one is the more heralded. The younger one seems like a package deal at this point.

http://www.citypages.com/news/gopher...hers/443056043

Look how young they look, this is getting a bit crazy with the young commits. In the big picture, this commit like any other commit is some what meaningless until the paper is signed.

Comment

• Originally posted by bucky15 View Post
            http://www.citypages.com/news/gopher...hers/443056043

Look how young they look, this is getting a bit crazy with the young commits. In the big picture, this commit like any other commit is some what meaningless until the paper is signed.
            Sorry, but that City Pages article is trash. Here is a much more reputable and unhinged article on the subject.

How young is too young in college recruiting?
            Last edited by mnstate0fhockey; 09-25-2017, 06:10 AM.
            @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
            On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
            High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
              Sorry, but that City Pages article is trash. Here is a much more reputable and unhinged article on the subject.

How young is too young in college recruiting?
              Nice article, I do not have the answer to the question. After reading the article, I would like to see them play to see what the hype is about firsthand.

Comment

On the Lucius brothers, my son's team played them a couple times this weekend and I saw parts of other games of theirs before and after ours. I've also run across them multiple times over the years since they were 8/9 at various tournaments and showcase events. They have always been at the top of the food chain relative to their age (and an age a year older in the case of the younger one) and that is no different at this point in time. The older one is simply dominant and that is with every team he plays trying to take him away as an option that will beat you. He probably averages a hat trick a game if I had to guess with what I saw this weekend....again with everyone knowing who he is and trying to take him away. The younger one just is not at the same level as his brother right now physically, but the hockey ability is clearly there from vision, hands, hockey sense and I would guess at the point the year younger thing evens out in physical development that he will be every bit as dominant as his brother.

Minnesota or any high end D1 hockey program would be nuts not to seek out and take a verbal commitment from these kids. At the end of the day, there is no risk to the school if the kids stop developing, decide to chase girls, smoke weed, get hurt, or whatever other things stop an elite bantam aged kid from continuing to be better then their peers at age 18/19. If they stop developing, Minnesota (or any other school that takes a verbal from a kid that young) stops calling and answering the phone and moves on to whoever has developed. For the school, building a relationship with elite level kids at a young age in theory should build a bond to give you a better chance of having those players end up at your school if/when they are D1 level players.

Comment

• Originally posted by markwojo View Post
                  On the Lucius brothers, my son's team played them a couple times this weekend and I saw parts of other games of theirs before and after ours. I've also run across them multiple times over the years since they were 8/9 at various tournaments and showcase events. They have always been at the top of the food chain relative to their age (and an age a year older in the case of the younger one) and that is no different at this point in time. The older one is simply dominant and that is with every team he plays trying to take him away as an option that will beat you. He probably averages a hat trick a game if I had to guess with what I saw this weekend....again with everyone knowing who he is and trying to take him away. The younger one just is not at the same level as his brother right now physically, but the hockey ability is clearly there from vision, hands, hockey sense and I would guess at the point the year younger thing evens out in physical development that he will be every bit as dominant as his brother.

Minnesota or any high end D1 hockey program would be nuts not to seek out and take a verbal commitment from these kids. At the end of the day, there is no risk to the school if the kids stop developing, decide to chase girls, smoke weed, get hurt, or whatever other things stop an elite bantam aged kid from continuing to be better then their peers at age 18/19. If they stop developing, Minnesota (or any other school that takes a verbal from a kid that young) stops calling and answering the phone and moves on to whoever has developed. For the school, building a relationship with elite level kids at a young age in theory should build a bond to give you a better chance of having those players end up at your school if/when they are D1 level players.
                  Well said sir. It (early recruiting) certainly is a hot button topic recently.

Comment

Scouting report on some UW commits in Dilk's U17 scouting report.

Scouting the NTDP U17 Team

Comment

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
                      Scouting report on some UW commits in Dilk's U17 scouting report.

Scouting the NTDP U17 Team
                      Thanks for the info, gophers still suck.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                        Thanks for the info, gophers still suck.
                        I felt it was only right to post that to even out talking about Gopher recruits in your thread

Better Dead then Red

Comment

I noticed that Daniel Lebedeff is not on Madison's roster and is playing for the Janesville Jets. I asked Brian Posick via Twitter what the story was and he indicates the Capitols like Dryden McKay (Mankato recruit) and he was going to get the bulk of the minutes at goalie so Lebedeff went somewhere he would get more playing time.

At first I was really concerned, but I know that goalie evaluation seems like a complete crapshoot many times. On top of that, the Caps haven't exactly stood out for their ability to spot talent. I guess time will tell.

Comment

Originally posted by DPlaya View Post
                            I noticed that Daniel Lebedeff is not on Madison's roster and is playing for the Janesville Jets. I asked Brian Posick via Twitter what the story was and he indicates the Capitols like Dryden McKay (Mankato recruit) and he was going to get the bulk of the minutes at goalie so Lebedeff went somewhere he would get more playing time.

At first I was really concerned, but I know that goalie evaluation seems like a complete crapshoot many times. On top of that, the Caps haven't exactly stood out for their ability to spot talent. I guess time will tell.
                            UW needs to get the goalie evaluation thing down. I was hoping G2O/GOS would be able to get this right, without it UW is sunk. I wonder is they consult with anyone to evaluate goalies.

Comment

Gamblers posted a line chart today for their Fall Classic game. Wisconsin is no longer listed for Bliss as a college commitment. I don't know if he is still committed, decommitted, or Wisconsin pulled their offer.
                              WISCONSIN BADGERS
                              NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
                              WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
                              WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
                              B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
                              Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

Not surprising looking at his production last year that he would fall off the UW radar. For all the hand wringing on taking to many verbal commits, things always end up sorting themselves out as kids develop (or don't) and it becomes clear who is and who is not a D1 caliber player.

Comment

Working...
                                X