Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Recruiting Vol. III - Building a better tomorrow...today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KaMiGo View Post
    We'll also need to sort out how we think the normal scholarship/walk-on goalie pattern is going to play out.
    I'm thinking Blomquist isn't on scholarship.
    WISCONSIN BADGERS
    NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
    WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
    WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
    B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
    Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerHockey9 View Post
      Headed to Blaine this evening to check out Chicago Mission U16 team at the NAHL showdown tourney. 5 badger commits are on that team (Smith, Turcotte, Koufis, Lindmark, De St Phalle). I will report back with results and how those recruits looked. The down side is that tickets are $20 per day which is a bummer...
      Chicago Mission ended up beating Compuware (solid program out of Michigan) 6-1. Lindmark and De St Phalle had goals, De St Phalle and smith had assists. I thought all 5 recruits looked solid but De St Phalle and Brady Smith stood out last night. De St Phalle impressed me with his passing and it seemed like he never stopped skating out there. Brady Smith is undersized, gritty defender not scared of mixing it up or blocking shots. You can tell he's one of the leaders on a very talented team. I overheard a few scouts discussing how Alex Turcotte is a top ten overall talent. I wouldn't be surprised if this Mission team wins the title this year.

Comment

Re: Wisconsin Recruiting Vol. III - Building a better tomorrow...today!

Originally posted by BadgerHockey9 View Post
        Chicago Mission ended up beating Compuware (solid program out of Michigan) 6-1. Lindmark and De St Phalle had goals, De St Phalle and smith had assists. I thought all 5 recruits looked solid but De St Phalle and Brady Smith stood out last night. De St Phalle impressed me with his passing and it seemed like he never stopped skating out there. Brady Smith is undersized, gritty defender not scared of mixing it up or blocking shots. You can tell he's one of the leaders on a very talented team. I overheard a few scouts discussing how Alex Turcotte is a top ten overall talent. I wouldn't be surprised if this Mission team wins the title this year.
        Awesome report. We're going to have to come up with an abbreviation for De St Phalle. DSP or the "dSaint". G2O are going to have such a stacked roster they will have to play in the AHL instead of the NCAA. Every year is gonna be a partly like 2006 every year men's and women's natties.
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
          Awesome report. We're going to have to come up with an abbreviation for De St Phalle. DSP or the "dSaint". G2O are going to have such a stacked roster they will have to play in the AHL instead of the NCAA. Every year is gonna be a partly like 2006 every year men's and women's natties.
          NHL Preliminary Player to Watch list is out. https://www.nhl.com/info/nhl-central-scouting-player-rankings
          I noticed 4 future Badgers:

A-Inamoto
          C-Ess
          C-Gildon
          C-Messner

Comment

Inamoto is a B

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
              May have to go to a Caps game this year.
              During my Badger Boycott the past 2 years, I went to over 20 games. It's very good hockey considering most of them are mid to late teens. The USHL has become a "younger" league compared to the days when I was involved in hockey. At one time, you finished high school or Tier 1, THEN went to the USHL, THEN college as a 20 y/o freshman.

Today, as young as Bantam and Midget age kids (15, 16, 17+) are playing, with less playing at 19 or 20*. A good example of this is Craig Smith who left Madison LaFollette High School (a traditional horrible hockey program) after his sophomore season (2005?) to play for Waterloo.

*I don't have stats to support this; I'm going by the rosters I read in the game programs.

I'll continue to go to Capitol's games to support the program when Bucky's out of town.
              Last edited by MadCityRich; 10-04-2016, 11:16 AM.
              "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                During my Badger Boycott the past 2 years, I went to over 20 games. It's very good hockey considering most of them are mid to late teens.

I'll continue to go to Capitol's games to support the program when Bucky's out of town.
                You are 100% correct that it is Great hockey.

I had season tickets to the Badgers when I lived back in Benton, but moved to Cedar Rapids in '05. I have been going and working (Off Ice Official) for the Roughriders. The caliber of players in this league is top notch and you are seeing it in the past few NHL drafts. I highly recommend checking out the league if the Badgers are out of town.

Comment

Originally posted by DPlaya View Post
                  NHL Preliminary Player to Watch list is out. https://www.nhl.com/info/nhl-central...layer-rankings
                  I noticed 4 future Badgers:

A-Inamoto
                  C-Ess
                  C-Gildon
                  C-Messner
                  Gildon's rating is surprising to me....I had seen him projected as a first rounder in mock drafts at the time he committed.

Comment

Has anyone heard if Stillwell, Ranta, or Parsells are hurt? None of them have played yet which seems odd.
                    WISCONSIN BADGERS
                    WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013

Comment

Originally posted by markwojo View Post
                      Gildon's rating is surprising to me....I had seen him projected as a first rounder in mock drafts at the time he committed.
                      Central Scouting isn't the best especially this early in the year

Comment

Originally posted by markwojo View Post
                        That's ok, he'll be at WI 3 years instead of 2. He's been bouncing up and down the D pairings, though that team's lineup changes all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
                          Central Scouting isn't the best especially this early in the year
                          Yeah, what kind of people do they hire to work there...just kidding, we miss you Andy!!!

Comment

Ben Helgeson, 2000 born Forward out of Hill-Murray, has committed to Wisconsin.
                            WISCONSIN BADGERS

Comment

Originally posted by UWisco View Post
                              And I have him on the sheet for '20-'21 based on what I have heard to this point.
                              Last edited by gwhinwi; 10-25-2016, 08:21 PM.
                              Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Originally posted by UWisco View Post
                                Pulling a young lad out of the darkside, I love it. I just hope they can sprinkle in some high end Canadians in the future, though I understand right now G2O's connections are more US based than Canadian.

Comment

Working...
                                X