Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Recruiting Vol. III - Building a better tomorrow...today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Recruiting Vol. III - Building a better tomorrow...today!

Originally posted by KaMiGo View Post
    Things main frustratingly quiet on the status of Kyle Hayton and his possible transfer to Wisconsin from St Lawrence.

According to the St Lawrence website, undergrad summer classes ended July 1. If something was going to happen you would think that it would happen by now.

Hayton is still comes up as a student on a search through the St Lawrence website, listed as a Sr.

I wonder when we will hear something official one way or the other.
    Originally posted by GBBadger14 View Post
    I was wondering about that too, so I checked when grad classes are going on and those ended last Friday (8/4), so I was hoping to hear something Friday or in the few days since then.
    Originally posted by GBBadger14 View Post
    Yea, I thought so too, but since we hadn't heard anything, I just assumed there was one or two more classes he had left for the rest of the summer (the initial news broke right when their undergrad classes ended). Just a guess.
    Great job doing the research on this. Keep up the great work.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by markwojo View Post
      BREAKING NEWS: @MassimoRizzo28 has committed to the @bchllive Vees and will wear number 13 when the puck drops next season #veesnation #BCHL
      I so want to tweet at him about coming to UW but I don't think it would be appropriate. Convince me I'm wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
        I so want to tweet at him about coming to UW but I don't think it would be appropriate. Convince me I'm wrong.
        Don't become a fan who tweets at teenagers.....

Comment

I'll do the opposite, I'll agree that you are probably right.

This is a horribly / wonderfully grey area in recruiting, but here is some information

http://commmedia.psu.edu/special-cov...ruit-prospects

Originally posted by from the article
          It’s commonplace now for fans to reach out to prospective players on Twitter, which gives them direct access to the athletes. With its public profiles, the social networking service makes it easy to send messages that another user can see.

There’s just one problem. For many of those fans, tweeting at prospects might be an NCAA violation.

Brad Barnes, assistant director of athletic compliance at Texas A&M, said that according to NCAA Bylaw 13.2.1, “representatives of the institution’s athletic interests are not allowed to contact prospective student athletes.”

By strict interpretation of the rule, contact on Twitter between fans and recruits is forbidden. That is a reading echoed in several interviews by people who work with schools, conferences and the NCAA.
          With all of that being said, there is no way to enforce it. The sheer volume would require an army just to review every tweet. Add in the anonymity of Twitter and you would have absolutely no enforcement options.

If you want to tweet at him nobody can stop you.
          Would it ever come back to UW and result in some sort of sanctions? There is an infinitely small but non-zero chance of that happening.
          Could seeing an engaged fan base sway the mind of a young athlete? Perhaps, but do you really think that a top-level recruit is going to be sitting at home when their phone buzzes with one more Twitter mention which makes them say "You know what, makes a good point. Sioux is a girl's name, and gophers are dirty vermin. I think I will go to UW after all!"?

As with all things, the choice is up to the individual. And as always, if you choose to do something don't be stupid.

Comment

Yeah, I know I can tell Riz 1 fact that I know will send him to UW, but I shall refrain and leave it up to GOS.

I've tweeted at current players before, just interesting questions or moral support, like ARD and I chatted about her goalie pad color choices, going from cardinal and white to old school brown leather back to cardinal and white. I tweeted at a Sue player once who deliberately concussed Channel with an elbow to the head. She didn't respond but a bunch of sue fans herded to her defense, of which there was none. Once I tweeted a play drawn up by a Sue coach during a timeout during the timeout, probably not the best idea on my part, but it was very funny at the time. For the record, no one associated with the team follows me.

Comment

Yeah, I know I can tell Riz 1 fact that I know will send him to UW, but I shall refrain and leave it up to GOS.

I've tweeted at current players before, just interesting questions or moral support, like ARD and I chatted about her goalie pad color choices, going from cardinal and white to old school brown leather back to cardinal and white. I tweeted at a Sue player once who deliberately concussed Channel with an elbow to the head. She didn't respond but a bunch of sue fans herded to her defense, of which there was none. Once I tweeted a play drawn up by a Sue coach during a timeout during the timeout, probably not the best idea on my part, but it was very funny at the time. For the record, no one associated with the team follows me.
              What!? Do tell!

Comment

Originally posted by IndianaBadger1995 View Post
                What!? Do tell!
                I can't!....but trust this: I promise to unleash the power that I know of at the most crucial time and that time has not arrived yet. The question is do I use it to help the men's or women's programs? The gals are close but just can't get over the title hump. The guys are heading in that same direction of title contention.

I see the old G2O crew are slacking this week musky fishing in Canada.....or are they recruiting!?! That's a nice write-off for sure. Let's see if they can boat more muskies than the Timothy A crew did a few weeks ago in Canada. I was recruiting too then I was up there. The dock girl had a heck of wrist shot.

Comment

I see the old G2O crew are slacking this week musky fishing in Canada.....or are they recruiting!?! That's a nice write-off for sure. Let's see if they can boat more muskies than the Timothy A crew did a few weeks ago in Canada. I was recruiting too then I was up there. The dock girl had a heck of wrist shot.
                  They may not be actively recruiting, but there is certainly some good that is coming out of this trip.

Coach Tony posted this the other day

and one of the 100+ people who "liked" it was Rizzo.

I'll take that as a positive sign.

Comment

*nods head*
                    If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

They may not be actively recruiting, but there is certainly some good that is coming out of this trip.

Coach Tony posted this the other day

and one of the 100+ people who "liked" it was Rizzo.

I'll take that as a positive sign.
                      Now that is some sleuthing right there.

Comment

Things main frustratingly quiet on the status of Kyle Hayton and his possible transfer to Wisconsin from St Lawrence.

According to the St Lawrence website, undergrad summer classes ended July 1. If something was going to happen you would think that it would happen by now.

Hayton is still comes up as a student on a search through the St Lawrence website, listed as a Sr.

I wonder when we will hear something official one way or the other.
                        It will be soon. According to SLU asst. coaches he is gone.......he supposedly was in Canton this past week to pack up his things after graduating and finishing up his summer semester. So you'll have him for one year as a grad student. He is a smart kid. I tried to look on our website for the new roster but they haven't listed it yet.
                        But.........I have talked to people at the University and he is not on our roster, has graduated and is headed your way for certain. I would think an announcement would be coming in the week ahead for sure.
                        SLU

Comment

So Hayton is a one and done, Jurusik has moved on, meaning it will be the Berry and Lebedeff show next year. Interesting.

Comment

So Hayton is a one and done, Jurusik has moved on, meaning it will be the Berry and Lebedeff show next year. Interesting.
                            And Blomquist, although it seems clear that it is Lebedeff's spot for the taking.
                            Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
                              And Blomquist, although it seems clear that it is Lebedeff's spot for the taking.
                              I'm just not sure what to think of Blomquist, he didn't really get a chance to play when the other 2 struggled last year. Maybe he will work his way into playing time next year, that would be fantastic for the young lad.

Comment

I'm just not sure what to think of Blomquist, he didn't really get a chance to play when the other 2 struggled last year. Maybe he will work his way into playing time next year, that would be fantastic for the young lad.
                                It would be awesome for him, but I am pretty sure he is just a practice goalie. Great kid, would love to see him get some game action, but don't see it happening.

Comment

Working...
                                X