Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Recruiting Vol. III - Building a better tomorrow...today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Recruiting Vol. III - Building a better tomorrow...today!

'21-'22 F Caden Brown has committed to Wisconsin.

Last edited by gwhinwi; 05-29-2018, 09:31 AM.
    Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

I know that some had been keeping an eye on this top-end talent. Looks like he'll be a NoDak

Comment

Originally posted by KaMiGo View Post
        I know that some had been keeping an eye on this top-end talent. Looks like he'll be a NoDak

Yep, we discussed this on the other thread a few days ago.
        "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
          '21-'22 F Caden Brown has committed to Wisconsin.

He and Alberta defenseman Corson Ceulemans (according to Todd M) committed. They're ****ing 14....stand by for 4 years........tick, tock......

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

• Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
            He and Alberta defenseman Corson Ceulemans (according to Todd M) committed. They're ****ing 14....stand by for 4 years........tick, tock......
            I wonder if some intrepid NCAA hockey fan has begun crunching numbers to see how 14-15 year old verbal commits have faired over the last decade vs 16-17 year old commits? I’d love to see that data.
            Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
              I wonder if some intrepid NCAA hockey fan has begun crunching numbers to see how 14-15 year old verbal commits have faired over the last decade vs 16-17 year old commits? I’d love to see that data.
              Oh, to have the time to do something like that. It would be fascinating.

Comment

I've watched Caden Brown play several games each of the last few years and he is REAL good against his peers. No idea what that translates into 3 or 4 years down the road, but judging by his older brother's development and his dad's bloodlines, I suspect we will be very happy in a few years.

We do suddenly need a pretty good dman in the mix for next fall. Minus the Krygier's, Peltonen seemingly having faded away (?), and Brady Smith maybe having plateaued a year or two ago, finding someone ready for next year has to be a priority with the potential for an early departure.

Comment

Originally posted by markwojo View Post
                  I've watched Caden Brown play several games each of the last few years and he is REAL good against his peers. No idea what that translates into 3 or 4 years down the road, but judging by his older brother's development and his dad's bloodlines, I suspect we will be very happy in a few years.

We do suddenly need a pretty good dman in the mix for next fall. Minus the Krygier's, Peltonen seemingly having faded away (?), and Brady Smith maybe having plateaued a year or two ago, finding someone ready for next year has to be a priority with the potential for an early departure.
                  You are correct on the D. It makes the Krygier's decision all the more disappointing.
                  gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

A 2004 birth year signing for the Badgers.

Comment

• Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
                      A 2004 birth year signing for the Badgers.

You don’t know what you want at 14. And...what if more 14-year old phenoms are busts than 16-17-year olds? I really do not like this trend.

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                        You don’t know what you want at 14. And...what if more 14-year old phenoms are busts than 16-17-year olds? I really do not like this trend.
                        Dude had 8 goals in 8 games upon callup to the varsity team as an 8th grader. Had 4 pts in the playoffs. UM and UM have players committed who are the same age.
                        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                          Dude had 8 goals in 8 games upon callup to the varsity team as an 8th grader. Had 4 pts in the playoffs. UM and UM have players committed who are the same age.
                          Understood but that doesn’t mean he’ll continue to score at that pace and also outpace his peers over time.

I really want to see a study on how these kids fare over 16-17 year old commits over their NCAA careers.

Comment

The last two 8th graders that I can think of committing from Hill were a couple of brothers that turned out fine and just won a title.

Comment

• Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                              You don’t know what you want at 14.
                              Bull****! I wanted my best friend's mom.

Ahem. Agreed. Like I've posted before, let's talk to him in
                              3 years. 😒

Comment

• Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                                Bull****! I wanted my best friend's mom.

Ahem. Agreed. Like I've posted before, let's talk to him in
                                3 years. 😒
                                I bet your best friend's mom still looked good when you were 17 as well....

Comment

Working...
                                X