Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Recruiting Vol. III - Building a better tomorrow...today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Recruiting Vol. III - Building a better tomorrow...today!

Originally posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
    This. They expected he would still show up with him footing more of the bill. Not the case
    I wouldn't say expected, probably hoped is more apt. If you cut someone's pay you know you're always at a high risk of them walking away.

UW staff just made a decision on the priority order of players. Krygier's took priority over Cruikshank.

Question is why? My guess is the staff is pretty sure Tischke is gone after this year. My next guess is that they feel the same about at least one more. Probably J.D. Greenway. Possibly Kalynuk. Maybe all three. If you write off Bunz and Paddy, plus at least Tischke and JD go, they HAD to sign the Krygier boys. That's the only way it makes sense to me.
    Originally posted by WiscTJK
    I'm with Wisko and Tim.
    Originally posted by Timothy A
    Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Wisconsin recruits on NHL Central Scouting List:

A - Sampo Ranta
      B - Ty Emberson
      B - K’Andre Miller
      B - Christian Krygier
      B - Cole Krygier
      C - Daniel Lebedeff
      WISCONSIN BADGERS
      NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
      WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
      WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
      B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
      Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

Originally posted by UWisco View Post
        Wisconsin recruits on NHL Central Scouting List:

A - Sampo Ranta
        B - Ty Emberson
        B - K’Andre Miller
        B - Christian Krygier
        B - Cole Krygier
        C - Daniel Lebedeff

Also Ben Helgeson -C
        I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
          Also Ben Helgeson -C
          Missed him, I was looking at the article the USHL posted today.
          WISCONSIN BADGERS
          WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013

Comment

Just sat down and opened my twitter and the top tweet was:

"🚨Cruikshank🚨@GCruikshank walks in alone and tucks it past Davidson unassisted at 9:08 of the 1st! Vees lead 1-0.
            7:17 PM - 15 Nov 2017 from Penticton, British Columbia

Going to go look for a Sampo Ranta highlight to make me feel better.
            I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Solid recruiting class for Wisconsin but my God, when is the last time we can say UW brought in 2 or more snipers?

The defense first or defense heavy classes are great...but...

Losing Grant is huge unless Rizzo is replacing him.

Let's get some speed and legit goal scorers in asap.
              Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                Losing Grant is huge unless Rizzo is replacing him.
                Or Caufield....

Seeing this highly rated class makes me realize that I think maybe we need to pump the brakes on the expectation level for this team this year. Clearly last year they over-achieved, this year perhaps they are just playing to their abilities. It isn't like this year's version is loaded with studs from a being drafted standpoint like the 2010 was for instance (and the 2018 looks to be in that same stratosphere). This is only year 2 of the permanent rebuild.

I hope Freddy sticks around, I like the line of Ranta Frederic Wiessbach quite a bit.
                Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

solo-- All the snipers will be signing their NLI's in just under 1 year from now. That's going to be a stellar bunch of F's coming in. Cruikshank received an offer, just not as much as he was expecting, and for whatever reason, he chose not to sign. He's a good player and I'm sorry he isn't coming in, but there are other very good players who would be happy to take the offer he had to come to Wisconsin. No doubt we'll add another good F (or two) before next year.

Frederic hasn't seemed too anxious to leave school so far, but assuming he get's going this year, he's still 90%+ to move on. There's still, I think, 9 drafted players on the roster right now plus a few that are pretty certain to be AHL+ guys. The talent is spread out some, but there's a lot of very good college players in the line up and this should be a top ten team. Their searching a little yet for their identity, but they are improving steadily. Just keep getting better and they'll be a factor late in the year.
                  I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                    solo-- All the snipers will be signing their NLI's in just under 1 year from now. That's going to be a stellar bunch of F's coming in. Cruikshank received an offer, just not as much as he was expecting, and for whatever reason, he chose not to sign. He's a good player and I'm sorry he isn't coming in, but there are other very good players who would be happy to take the offer he had to come to Wisconsin. No doubt we'll add another good F (or two) before next year.

Frederic hasn't seemed too anxious to leave school so far, but assuming he get's going this year, he's still 90%+ to move on. There's still, I think, 9 drafted players on the roster right now plus a few that are pretty certain to be AHL+ guys. The talent is spread out some, but there's a lot of very good college players in the line up and this should be a top ten team. Their searching a little yet for their identity, but they are improving steadily. Just keep getting better and they'll be a factor late in the year.
                    I haven't seen that improvement: they 1-3-1 in the last five, 3-4-1 in last eight after starting 4-1. 2 of the losses in the last 5 are against teams that they should beat almost always.

Tonight will be a good measuring stick.
                    gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

That's true, I probably should temper my expectations a bit until Tony's got his third full class skating, that should make a huge difference.
                      Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Not a huge surprise but great news... Brock Caufield is committed to the University of Wisconsin!
                        I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Not a huge surprise but great news... Brock Caufield is committed to the University of Wisconsin!
                          What’s the story on him? Blue chipper?

Comment

I’m assuming Cole won’t be far behind.
                            WISCONSIN BADGERS

Comment

• Originally posted by digitalbooya View Post
                              What’s the story on him? Blue chipper?
                              His brother Cole is.
                              WISCONSIN BADGERS

Comment

• Originally posted by UWisco View Post
                                His brother Cole is.
                                Edited: misread

Hope he follows!

Comment

Working...
                                X