Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Recruiting Vol. III - Building a better tomorrow...today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Recruiting Vol. III - Building a better tomorrow...today!

Posick's (re)tweet:

Todd's Tweet:

Comment

• Originally posted by UWisco View Post
      I think Posick retweeted something about him decomitting.
      Milewski saying (on Twitter) Cole and Brock Caufield (Gamblers) both decommitted from Ohio State and Chris Dilks tweeting they could be heading for Wisconsin.
      Last edited by DPlaya; 10-09-2017, 11:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DPlaya View Post
        Milewski saying (on Twitter) Cole and Brock Caufield (Gamblers) both decommitted from Ohio State and could be heading for Wisconsin.
        I quoted his tweet where they decommitted...doesn't say anything about Wisconsin...is there another tweet, or are you just trying to get our hopes up?

Comment

• Originally posted by Innova View Post
          I quoted his tweet where they decommitted...doesn't say anything about Wisconsin...is there another tweet, or are you just trying to get our hopes up?
          My apologies...edited my post. Posting from my phone...

Comment

My apologies...edited my post. Posting from my phone...
            No problem, I was hoping that was the case (probably is). I kinda know their dad...I feel like emailing him and asking whats up....unfortunately I don't feel like I know him quite good enough

Comment

GOS are not concerned about numbers, their plan is just to keep loading up, but the number of scholarships in an interesting angle. If you were a top end guy, would you mind a partial knowing you will probably make some money playing hockey post college and you want tot play for GOS?

There are 4 Eaves F's on the recruiting chart for next year. What year would the Caufield lads be entering college?
              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Brock is currently with the Gamblers, 1999 birth, turns 19 in March, I assume he would come in next year or the year after? Cole is a 2001, I assume he would come in as an 18 year old...so two years from now?

Comment

Originally posted by Innova View Post
                  Brock is currently with the Gamblers, 1999 birth, turns 19 in March, I assume he would come in next year or the year after? Cole is a 2001, I assume he would come in as an 18 year old...so two years from now?
                  So there is $$$ available for both as long a at least 1 guys leaves early and/or 2 pre-G2O recruits don't end up at UW, correct?

OSU in on the come, I wonder why they bailed?

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                    So there is $$$ available for both as long a at least 1 guys leaves early and/or 2 pre-G2O recruits don't end up at UW, correct?

OSU in on the come, I wonder why they bailed?
                    The recruiting spreadsheet does still have Trenton Bliss on it and he is no longer listed on Line charts as a UW commit. Obviously, Frederic could be gone after this year as well in terms of forwards. Burish said in the broadcast Friday he thought Frederic could play in the NHL this year.

I was thinking with Mersch's brother having played at UW and Abate coming from Chicago Mission where an excellent relationship needs to be maintained those guys would end up at UW for sure but who knows?
                    Last edited by DPlaya; 10-09-2017, 03:09 PM.

Comment

The recruiting spreadsheet does still have Trenton Bliss on it and he is no longer listed on Line charts as a UW commit. Obviously, Frederic could be gone after this year as well in terms of forwards. Burish said in the broadcast Friday he thought Frederic could play in the NHL this year.

I was thinking with Mersch's brother having played at UW and Abate coming from Chicago Mission where an excellent relationship needs to be maintained those guys would end up at UW for sure but who knows?
                      There is still so little information about what players aren't coming next year or not.

I'm guessing there will be many changes to the recruiting sheet for next year at this point.
                      Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

I doubt the current staff will feel beholden to Mersch as his brother was an Eaves era player. While I understand staying in good graces with the Mission, I would think giving potential players honest feedback of where they stand is the key. The Mission don't have much uncommitted in the next few years either. Mersch has not exactly dominated the USHL in his first 2 seasons there and Abate was good at Janesville, but played in the NAHL and not the highest level of junior A. Both player have a lot to prove in the USHL this season if they expect to actually get playing time at an upper level D1 school and I would expect the UW staff has made them well of aware of that. When it comes to these verbal commits, we don't really know what the commitment is from a financial standpoint. I doubt UW at any point told a player of the level of Abate/Mersch they are getting a full ride and it is more of a keep developing and we'll sort it out.

Comment

Originally posted by markwojo View Post
                          I doubt the current staff will feel beholden to Mersch as his brother was an Eaves era player. While I understand staying in good graces with the Mission, I would think giving potential players honest feedback of where they stand is the key. The Mission don't have much uncommitted in the next few years either. Mersch has not exactly dominated the USHL in his first 2 seasons there and Abate was good at Janesville, but played in the NAHL and not the highest level of junior A. Both player have a lot to prove in the USHL this season if they expect to actually get playing time at an upper level D1 school and I would expect the UW staff has made them well of aware of that. When it comes to these verbal commits, we don't really know what the commitment is from a financial standpoint. I doubt UW at any point told a player of the level of Abate/Mersch they are getting a full ride and it is more of a keep developing and we'll sort it out.
                          Cruikshank is an Eaves forward recruit as well but he has put up points (albeit in the scoring-happy BCHL). I would think his skating ability is attractive to the new staff as well since they seem to be amassing guys that can really skate. Messner is an Eaves forward recruit as well but he seems to have fared pretty well in the USHL so far.

Comment

Jeez,I'm getting old. About 15 years ago and beyond, I knew about every 1983 to 1988 kid; strengths, weaknesses, possible destinations, etc. Now we're looking at 2000's to 2002's.

Get off my lawn.
                            "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                              Jeez,I'm getting old. About 15 years ago and beyond, I knew about every 1983 to 1988 kid; strengths, weaknesses, possible destinations, etc. Now we're looking at 2000's to 2002's.

Get off my lawn.
                              Once the grandkids get to a certain age playing hockey you'll be back in the know.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                                Once the grandkids get to a certain age playing hockey you'll be back in the know.
                                Haha! I'm having too much fun just being a fan and not an analytical fan!
                                "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Working...
                                X