Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Recruiting Vol. III - Building a better tomorrow...today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Recruiting Vol. III - Building a better tomorrow...today!

Am I reading this right? Wisconsin has 34 players (including TBD goalies) slotted for the 2020-21 season already? Massive over recruiting red flag if so.

Comment

Originally posted by Lemonade View Post
      Am I reading this right? Wisconsin has 34 players (including TBD goalies) slotted for the 2020-21 season already? Massive over recruiting red flag if so.
      The herd will be culled and there will be early departures.
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
        Awesome. A point a game guy in the USHL, only 4 pm and has played on Swedish U16, U17 & U18 teams. What's with all the Euro guys? This team will look like the women's Sue and UMD teams with tons of European players. I wonder what year he'll be coming? Per Milewski next year. Fantastic.
        I have no problem with it. Wisconsin high school hockey doesn't seem to be producing a ton of talent like we were in the 1983 to mid 90 birth years. Maybe our Gopher friends can fill us in re:Minnesota high school hockey. Hockey talent is getting more spread out nationwide (who the hell used to go to Union, Mercyhurst, Holy Cross, etc.), so picking Euros from the USHL and keeping free trade going with Canada is actually pretty smart.
        "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

• Originally posted by Lemonade View Post
          I would expect some of the guys committed for those years so be pushed to future years. Guys like Latsch and Novak will be too young for 2020-21.
          WISCONSIN BADGERS
          NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
          WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
          WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
          B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
          Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

Weissbach can flat out fly and is extremely skilled. Great pickup for the staff.

Check out the goal from this weekend at the 22 second mark of the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7y8HYXgnniY

Comment

• Some interesting notes in this article: LINK

- Weissbach chose UW over Michigan and DU
              - He's coming in next year and is eligible for this summer's draft
              - Some interesting speculation on who could be coming in next year, including the possibility of Joshua Ess joining that group.
              - Peter Tischke is noted as an early departure possibility

Obviously the early departures will say a lot about next year's freshman class, but the spring signing period should be very interesting none the less.

Comment

Originally posted by GBBadger14 View Post
                Some interesting notes in this article: LINK

- Weissbach chose UW over Michigan and DU
                - He's coming in next year and is eligible for this summer's draft
                - Some interesting speculation on who could be coming in next year, including the possibility of Joshua Ess joining that group.
                - Peter Tischke is noted as an early departure possibility

Obviously the early departures will say a lot about next year's freshman class, but the spring signing period should be very interesting none the less.
                Leave Ess alone! Every time I think I am going to get a Badger recruit in Cedar Rapids for a year something happens. Last time it was Ryan Wagner going to the NTDP instead of Cedar Rapids!

Comment

Weissbach is a top 10 North American Skater in the upcoming draft according to The Neutral Zone. In G2O can somehow keep Kunin and Fredrick @ UW next year and add Weissbach, along with the others, oh baby!

Comment

Sorry for the delay in getting the spreadsheet updated. I was out of town (up at the Pond Hockey championships in Eagle River) and just got a chance to update the sheet tonight.

I have Weissbach in as a 2017 at this point, but obviously things could change.
                    Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

• Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
                      Sorry for the delay in getting the spreadsheet updated. I was out of town (up at the Pond Hockey championships in Eagle River) and just got a chance to update the sheet tonight.

I have Weissbach in as a 2017 at this point, but obviously things could change.
                      2017 is correct. I would move both of the Peltonen's to 2018. I think I read somewhere that stated they will play a year in the USHL. I would move Mersch to 2018 as well. Not a good chance the staff brings him in next year with his low offensive output this year. Might as well use his eligibility up in the USHL.
                      WISCONSIN BADGERS
                      NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
                      WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
                      WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
                      B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
                      Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

I'm going to leave Mersch where he is for the moment, but I did move both of the Peltonen's to 2018.

Mersch, I'm just not that sure about right now.
                        Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Per Todd Milewski, Massimo Rizzo was in Madison last week checking out UW on an unofficial visit. Maybe they have a decent chance.
                          http://host.madison.com/wsj/sports/college/hockey/badgers-men-s-hockey-notes-closing-stretch-will-test-wisconsin/article_39fe656e-f7f2-51e8-bec3-74be6fbd7f3c.html
                          Last edited by Great Day for Hockey; 02-20-2017, 11:16 PM.

Comment

Per Todd Milewski, Massimo Rizzo was in Madison last week checking out UW on an unofficial visit.

Comment

Originally posted by Great Day for Hockey View Post
                              Per Todd Milewski, Massimo Rizzo was in Madison last week checking out UW on an unofficial visit.
                              Sign the lad up! I love G2O's attitude towards recruiting. Paraphrasing: "We're gonna go after the best players, and if they leave early we'll get more."

Comment

• Originally posted by Great Day for Hockey View Post
                                "One of the top prospects in the 2019 recruiting class took a look at UW last week.

Massimo Rizzo, a 15-year-old center from Burnaby, British Columbia, had a “wonderful experience” on an unofficial visit with the Badgers, his father, Remi, said in an email.

Rizzo plays for the Burnaby Winter Club program under coach Maco Balkovec, who was a UW defenseman from 1991 to 1995.

Granato and associate head coaches Mark Osiecki and Don Granato have seen Rizzo play, Balkovec said, a sign of how invested UW is on recruiting him.

“He’s a guy that looks like he’s on a path to play in the NHL, that’s for sure,” Balkovec said.

Rizzo has 18 goals and 68 points in 39 games for Burnaby’s prep team. With the Bantam team last season, he scored 60 times in 61 games.

The Badgers have competition from a number of colleges as well as the Western Hockey League’s Kamloops Blazers, who made Rizzo their first-round pick in last year’s Bantam draft.

Rizzo could forgo NCAA eligibility and go to major juniors next season — two years before he could go to college."

Comment

Working...
                                X