Bemidji State Beavers: 2016-17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Bemidji State Beavers: 2016-17

Yeah, but a majority of our state lives outside the big five metro areas...

GFM
    Geof F. Morris
    UAH BSE MAE 2002
    UAHHockey.com

Comment

Looks like we have Northern next weekend in the first round. Assuming the standings I'm looking at are correct. I much prefer that to any of the other options. we have a match up advantage against them. I fully expect us to win pretty easily in the first two games. Maybe. It though as the playoffs are always a totally different story

Comment

Originally posted by BSUBeavs View Post
        Looks like we have Northern next weekend in the first round. Assuming the standings I'm looking at are correct. I much prefer that to any of the other options. we have a match up advantage against them. I fully expect us to win pretty easily in the first two games. Maybe. It though as the playoffs are always a totally different story
        As a Beaver fan and regular attender, I think we will have our hands full. Yes, we have had our way with NMU so far this year (11-3 for goals and a 4-0 record), but they have been much improved the second half of the season. If they played the way they are playing now they probably would be a 3-4 seed and not #8. We continue to play well so I do like our odds. Go Beavers!

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
          The rest of Bama is "backwoods?" Like Birmingham? Tuscaloosa? Mobile? How much time have you spent in any of these cities? I think a Bemidji is a terrific town, but it's not much different from any town of similar size in Alabama, other than the accent & temperature.
          You need to go to Eclectic, or Highland Home, or Alexander City, then you'll see the real alabama.
          MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

The real one is Remlap: a town so ****ed at the former fellow residents of Palmer that they moved down the road and reversed the town's name.

These are Roy Moore's people.

GFM
            Geof F. Morris
            UAH BSE MAE 2002
            UAHHockey.com

Comment

Yes, get to make the game on Saturday night!!!! Looking forward to finally making it up to a game this year!
              Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
              FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
              NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
              NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
              NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
              NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
              Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
              Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

Come on Beaver Hockey Fans! This team just won the WCHA Regular Season and there are still A LOT of seats available for Friday's and Saturday's playoff games! Give the Sanford Center Box Office a call to avoid the Ticketmaster fees, 218-441-4031. With facility fees and tax included, prices are:

All Youth seats: $9
                End of the arena (pink sections): $16
                Bronze Sections: $20
                Silver Sections: $25
                Gold Sections: $30
                Club Level: $35

Remember, these games will not be on public TV! The only way to see them is to be in the arena or purchase the WCHA.tv Pay Per View.
                Millsy

FROZEN FOUR 2009!

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84

Comment

Originally posted by BSUBeavs View Post
                  If that happens it will be the Beavers first two non-conference wins of the season. Unfortunately too late to lift our league in the Pairwise.

Comment

• Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                    The real one is Remlap: a town so ****ed at the former fellow residents of Palmer that they moved down the road and reversed the town's name.

These are Roy Moore's people.

GFM
                    I fully plan on sitting down at Bemidji brewing tonight wearing a Salty nut shirt.in all actuality, it's a pretty good town and the fans are pretty decent. It was actually nice in November to see what Lake Bemidji looked like without 2 dozen pickup trucks parked on it. Should be a good weekend of hockey.
                    Last edited by davyd83; 03-02-2017, 10:12 AM.
                    "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

I am sad to admit that I've never been to Bemidji. I had one good chance and couldn't make it work. If UAH had made it to the playoffs this weekend, I would've worked to see if I could make it. Alas, we suck.

GFM
                      Geof F. Morris
                      UAH BSE MAE 2002
                      UAHHockey.com

Comment

I fully plan on sitting down at Bemidji brewing tonight wearing a Salty nut shirt.in all actuality, it's a pretty good town and the fans are pretty decent. It was actually nice in November to see what Lake Bemidji looked like without 2 dozen pickup trucks parked on it. Should be a good weekend of hockey.
                        It should be a nice weekend this weekend as well, considering what the weather could be like for early March. Enjoy Bemidji Brewing and the town. Wish I could make it to both Friday and Saturday games, but I will just have to settle for Saturday.
                        Millsy

FROZEN FOUR 2009!

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                        Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                          I am sad to admit that I've never been to Bemidji. I had one good chance and couldn't make it work. If UAH had made it to the playoffs this weekend, I would've worked to see if I could make it. Alas, we suck.

GFM
                          If you ever do make it up this way, make sure to give me advanced notice. We would definitely have to make a weekend of it! I think I owe ya some hospitality......
                          Millsy

FROZEN FOUR 2009!

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                          Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84

Comment

• Originally posted by beaverhockeyfan View Post
                            It should be a nice weekend this weekend as well, considering what the weather could be like for early March. Enjoy Bemidji Brewing and the town. Wish I could make it to both Friday and Saturday games, but I will just have to settle for Saturday.
                            The new Brewing facility is on the agenda (the brewers were so nice on a prior visit), along with the 209 for a burger, JJs Dockside, Turtle River ChopHouse and maybe Brigid's for their awesome Shepherds Pie!
                            "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

The new Brewing facility is on the agenda (the brewers were so nice on a prior visit), along with the 209 for a burger, JJs Dockside, Turtle River ChopHouse and maybe Brigid's for their awesome Shepherds Pie!
                              Looks like you are anticipating a 3 game series.

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                                Looks like you are anticipating a 3 game series.
                                Not if he gets into town Thursday! Lunch and dinner options, plus after game drinks on Friday night.
                                Millsy

FROZEN FOUR 2009!

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                                Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84

Comment

Working...
                                X