Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Northern Michigan University Wildcats 2016-17 Season Thread: Gotta Get Up And Try

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northern Michigan University Wildcats 2016-17 Season Thread: Gotta Get Up And Try

Originally posted by DonorRoomDrinker View Post
    Looks like a little malcontent going on in NMU "Puckhead" land this season?????
    I love Walt as a person and all that he's done for the program, but this is the worst 5-year stretch the program has gone through. It's hard to just sit by and not grow dissatisfied with the results.
    It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• Re: Northern Michigan University Wildcats 2016-17 Season Thread: Gotta Get Up And Try

NMU Hockey Team Records since 2010-11

2010-11 (15-19-5)
      2011-12 (17-14-6) ***
      2012-13 (15-19-4)
      2013-14 (15-21-2)
      2014-15 (14-18-6)
      2015-16 (15-16-7)
      2016-17 (3-8-1)

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
        I love Walt as a person and all that he's done for the program, but this is the worst 5-year stretch the program has gone through. It's hard to just sit by and not grow dissatisfied with the results.

The football coach was just let go so you gotta wonder about Walt's status if he doesn't turn the ship around this season.
        "The top three worst things I've seen in hockey? The invention of the trap. The invention of the morning skate. And the invention of the extremely ugly uniform."

—Brett Hull

Comment

Originally posted by DonorRoomDrinker View Post
          I agree that NMU has some quality players on the team this year and that's the perplexing thing about their record being (3-8-1).... Players like Shine, Hanson, Payne, Klimek, etc are top notch upperclassmen players and the young Freshmen Yaremko, Craighead, Peters, Beaulieu, Voltin, etc are very good young players as well.... NMU Soph Goalies Tolvanen & Israelsson and Soph Defenseman Vermeulen are also pretty good so it seems NMU has some decent players but it's not translating into wins this season.... NMU seems to have some talent on this team but for some reason they aren't winning games so it's been difficult watching them struggle so far this season....
          I am not one to beat the drum to fire the coach. But if what's said up here is true, then even Walt has to start questioning his coaching thus far. I mean, the coaching pedagree at Northern is two coaches, Rick and Walt. Walt learned under Rick, and Rick was okay, but we may need to move on beyond the Comley era.
          “They are a **** site better than the U.S. Army, at least we know that they will be there in the morning.”
          – Lewis B. Chesty Puller
          when a journalist asked him about being surrounded by 22. enemy divisions

Comment

Originally posted by devildog View Post
            I am not one to beat the drum to fire the coach. But if what's said up here is true, then even Walt has to start questioning his coaching thus far. I mean, the coaching pedagree at Northern is two coaches, Rick and Walt. Walt learned under Rick, and Rick was okay, but we may need to move on beyond the Comley era.
            The real question is are they willing to put the chips ALL IN. I don't get that feeling based on a few decision makers I know.

Comment

NMU had (16) shots on goal tonite in their (2-1) loss to Bemidji State in snowy Minnesota.... NMU is now (3-9-1) on the season....

Comment

Just got back from the Sanford Center in Bemidji. We had a thin crowd due mostly due to 9" of snow and 40 mph winds. For you Cat fans who are discouraged, it was very good game. Only 1 2-minute penalty and that was on NMU. Well played game. I sported my 1970-71 old gold/green basketball NMU letter jacket. Not many Cat fans to talk to but still enjoyed my duel allegiance communications tonight.

Comment

• Originally posted by DonorRoomDrinker View Post
                  NMU had (16) shots on goal tonite in their (2-1) loss to Bemidji State in snowy Minnesota.... NMU is now (3-9-1) on the season....
                  Wasn't any better tonight. Cats lose, 5-2. and even then, it wasn't that close.
                  Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                  "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                  Patreon for exclusive writing content
                  Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

2016-17 NCAA D1 Hockey Pairwise Rankings

#28 - MTU (7-6-3)
                    #43 - LSSU (6-6-0)
                    #52 - NMU (3-10-1)

Comment

The wheels are starting to fall off the wagon with NMU having (10) losses already.... NMU has now lost (5) games in a row and (7) out of the last (8) and are currently (3-10-1) on the season!!!!!!!!!!!
                      Last edited by DonorRoomDrinker; 11-20-2016, 07:16 PM.

Comment

Tough weekend. Bemidji is a good team... hopefully the Cats can get a set of Wins this weekend at home. However, with the holiday weekend, the crowd will likely be very thin. I hate to beat a dead horse, but I think the conference changes a few years back are taking a toll. The only real "big" weekends for home hockey now are the MTU games. On top of losing, having a more than 1/2 empty ice arena cant do much for motivation.
                        Go Cats!

Comment

Originally posted by noremorse1 View Post
                          Tough weekend. Bemidji is a good team... hopefully the Cats can get a set of Wins this weekend at home. However, with the holiday weekend, the crowd will likely be very thin. I hate to beat a dead horse, but I think the conference changes a few years back are taking a toll. The only real "big" weekends for home hockey now are the MTU games. On top of losing, having a more than 1/2 empty ice arena cant do much for motivation.
                          Team motivational issues, financial issues, recruiting issues, and even a good Northern team is not lileky to draw big crowds. If they start losing money on Hockey, it could be over.
                          “They are a **** site better than the U.S. Army, at least we know that they will be there in the morning.”
                          – Lewis B. Chesty Puller
                          when a journalist asked him about being surrounded by 22. enemy divisions

Comment

2016 NMU Hockey Home Attendance At The Berry Events Center

Bemidji State - 1800
                            Bemidji State - 1800
                            Michigan Tech - 4100
                            Bowling Green - 1500
                            Bowling Green - 1600

Comment

Originally posted by devildog View Post
                              Team motivational issues, financial issues, recruiting issues, and even a good Northern team is not lileky to draw big crowds. If they start losing money on Hockey, it could be over.
                              Winning solves lots of problems and quickly. Getting to winning is key.

Questions before dumping it all on Walt. Does he get/have enough tools to improve the program enough? Why would a recruit come to NMU vs say Ferris State (add any school you want here)? I choose Ferris as they made a big run 2012 and surprised a few people last year.

Comment

• Originally posted by giwan View Post
                                Winning solves lots of problems and quickly. Getting to winning is key.

Questions before dumping it all on Walt. Does he get/have enough tools to improve the program enough? Why would a recruit come to NMU vs say Ferris State (add any school you want here)? I choose Ferris as they made a big run 2012 and surprised a few people last year.
                                Even when the team was off to a good start last year and 7-0-1 at home, they still only drew 1800.
                                "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Working...
                                X