Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Northern Michigan University Wildcats 2016-17 Season Thread: Gotta Get Up And Try

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northern Michigan University Wildcats 2016-17 Season Thread: Gotta Get Up And Try

Just a heads up if you are watching on WCHA.tv. Bemidji State pulled their games off of Lakeland Public Television for the playoffs (thinking TV is killing their attendance and not the ticket prices). From what I am hearing, the student run TV station will be doing the broadcast for the playoff series. What that means in terms of quality, I am not sure as I am not sure if Lakeland Public Television used students on their cameras and production. Also, it could mean a change in play by play and color.

Has anyone watched a WCHA.tv feed out of Bemidji? I am trying to decide if I want to plunk down $11 and play Russian Roulette with the internet feed......

It could very well be fine, but just wanted to give you a heads up.
    Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
    FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
    NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
    NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
    NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
    NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
    Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
    Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

• Re: Northern Michigan University Wildcats 2016-17 Season Thread: Gotta Get Up And Try

It's now down to "win or go home" on Saturday nite for NMU (12-21-4) after getting "goose egged" (3-0) on Friday.... Let's hope for some offense on Saturday nite....

This could be it for the (6) NMU Seniors:
      Maschmeyer
      Sooth
      Shine
      Hanson
      Salminen
      Purpur

Comment

This was the third blanking of NMU by Bemidji this season. And the fifth one Bemidji has pitched against NMU since the WCHA shuffled.
        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Nice win tonight Cats... and way to stay alive. They allowed a hell of a lot of shots... thankfully all but 2 were blocked.

If they Cats win tomorrow, they get another weekend of hockey. Before the Christmas break, I did not think they would be in a situation to see some NMU playoff hockey.

Lets go Cats!
          Go Cats!

Comment

• Originally posted by noremorse1 View Post
            Nice win tonight Cats... and way to stay alive. They allowed a hell of a lot of shots... thankfully all but 2 were blocked.

If they Cats win tomorrow, they get another weekend of hockey. Before the Christmas break, I did not think they would be in a situation to see some NMU playoff hockey.

Lets go Cats!
            If they win tomorrow, they would play at Tech next week.
            "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

What a great win for NMU tonite beating BSU (4-2) at Bemidji in game #2 of the series....
              Bemidji peppered Tolvanen with (48) shots tonite....
              NMU "gutted" this win out and forced a game (3) on Sunday which keeps their season alive....
              NMU (13-21-4) lives for another day....

Comment

Just a reminder from Tech nation...
                Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post

...TO BEAT BEMIDJI.
                Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                Originally posted by geezer
                Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                Originally posted by manurespreader
                ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                  Just a reminder from Tech nation...
                  Yeah, I guess you'd rather play BG^H^HNMU than Mankato.

GFM
                  Last edited by gfmorris; 03-05-2017, 11:13 AM. Reason: Editing for Dave's correction so 95 of you don't jump on.
                  Geof F. Morris
                  UAH BSE MAE 2002
                  UAHHockey.com

Comment

• Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                    Yeah, I guess you'd rather play BG than Mankato.

GFM
                    Scenarios:
                    If Bemidji wins:
                    BG at Bemidji, Mankato at Tech

If NMU wins:
                    NMU at Tech, BG at Mankato
                    "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                      Scenarios:
                      If Bemidji wins:
                      BG at Bemidji, Mankato at Tech

If NMU wins:
                      NMU at Tech, BG at Mankato
                      This is what I get for posting at work. Thanks, Dave.

GFM
                      Geof F. Morris
                      UAH BSE MAE 2002
                      UAHHockey.com

Comment

Boy howdy, a Tech/Northern series would be a barn burner...go Wildcats!

Comment

Two great chances for Shine inside the last 5 minutes of the 3rd. Can't say NMU hasn't had chances to tie it up.

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                            Two great chances for Shine inside the last 5 minutes of the 3rd. Can't say NMU hasn't had chances to tie it up.
                            Sometimes that team feels like it's Shine, Tolvanen, and 18 other dudes. (Not always.)

GFM
                            Geof F. Morris
                            UAH BSE MAE 2002
                            UAHHockey.com

Comment

*sigh*

Proud of the boys though. What a way to put a run on at the end of the season.

Getting tired of these early springs...
                              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Props for going to game three.
                                Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Working...
                                X