Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Northern Michigan University Wildcats 2016-17 Season Thread: Gotta Get Up And Try

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Northern Michigan University Wildcats 2016-17 Season Thread: Gotta Get Up And Try

Polls have the Cats ranked 5th in the WCHA this year. Can NMU break into the top four and a Final Five berth? We shall see...
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Re: Northern Michigan University Wildcats 2016-17 Season Thread: Gotta Get Up And Try

I just want a playoff victory at this point... We haven't won a playoff series since 2010
    It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Re: Northern Michigan University Wildcats 2016-17 Season Thread: Gotta Get Up And Try

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
      I just want a playoff victory at this point... We haven't won a playoff series since 2010
      That would be good.

I also wonder when we're going to hear the usual out of the "fire Walt Kyle" crowd.
      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
        That would be good.

I also wonder when we're going to hear the usual out of the "fire Walt Kyle" crowd.
        I will be 100% honest in that I'm at a point where I need to see results or changes will need to be made. This has been one of, if not the worst 5 consecutive year stretch in the program's existence. I love Walt, but the on ice product just hasn't been there.

Why hasn't it been there? I'm not sure if it's coaching, administration, funding, facilities, or whatever. I do know that doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results is insanity and/or stupidity.
        It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

I will be 100% honest in that I'm at a point where I need to see results or changes will need to be made. This has been one of, if not the worst 5 consecutive year stretch in the program's existence. I love Walt, but the on ice product just hasn't been there.

Why hasn't it been there? I'm not sure if it's coaching, administration, funding, facilities, or whatever. I do know that doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results is insanity and/or stupidity.

As a Laker fan it seems like your Cats have had quite a few injuries the last few seasons. That's hard for most teams to overcome.
          BLEED BLUE

Comment

Very excited about the incoming class this year as well as Dominik Shine returning for what will hopefully be a great senior season from him. Looking forward to the opener in Green Bay October 7th. Finally get to make that trip! Is it good to be optimistic about this season? Because I am!

Comment

A certain forum member might enjoy this article.
              https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nca...fcL&ocid=edgsp
              "I find that the most trouble encountered with quotes on the internet is figuring out their authenticity"
              -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Sorry about that...

Comment

Originally posted by BGFan View Post
                  Sorry about that...

Yeah, sure.

Comment

Originally posted by FloridaCat View Post
                    A certain forum member might enjoy this article.
                    https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nca...fcL&ocid=edgsp
                    Having known Paul when I worked in sports radio in Birmingham, I can only respect his opinion on such issues.
                    "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

2016 WCHA Preseason Coaches Poll

School (First-place votes) Total points

1. Bowling Green (8) 89
                      2. Michigan Tech (2) 79
                      3. Minnesota State 71
                      4. Ferris State 70
                      5. Northern Michigan 54
                      6. Bemidji State 48
                      7. Lake Superior State 44
                      8. Alaska-Anchorage 29
                      9. Alabama-Huntsville 23
                      10. Alaska 21

Comment

http://www.uppermichiganssource.com/content/news/New-video-scoreboard-going-up-at-Berry-Events-Center-394858521.html

Comment

And the video board IS up. Can't wait to see actual pictures on it!

Comment

Dropped by the men's club game yesterday and the board looks awesome all powered up. Very nice addition to the rink.

Lots of festivities surrounding the game today in conjunction with Kraft Hockeyville. The Berry has a free open skate going on this afternoon and right after that the Dome is having a hockey "fun fair" with bouncy houses, Stanley Cup display, etc. Along with those the NMU soccer teams have a doubleheader. If you're in Marquette I don't think you'll have trouble finding something to do today.

Victoria was defeated by Wisconsin 10-1 last night. Will be interesting to see how they come back tonight. Happy Hockey Season!

Comment

Well, that was an ass-whipping not seen since the 2010-11 season. Good start to the new season, but now is where it gets tougher.

Wisconsin will be looking to make a statement that they're back to national championship form with the new coaching staff (there is always a new coach bump).

Not too thrilled with Hanson taking a penalty less than a minute into the game; the Cats got lucky with Victoria going 0-for the Power Play.

Seeing the PP team rip off four goals is a good thing, I don't expect that every game, but going 1-for-5 all season would be top 15 in the nation. Special teams are going to be important this season with the emphasis on CFB and contact to the head.
                              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Working...
                              X