Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Northern Michigan University Wildcats 2016-17 Season Thread: Gotta Get Up And Try

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rustedblades View Post
    Maybe this situation was not the perfect example but Davyd has been abused on the mtu threads a number of times, even asked to stay off the thread, and I can't figure out why. I have always thought he offers good insight, questions, comments, etc.
    And this is not the first time the drinker has been abused here.
    Maybe I'm missing some history or it's harmless banter among friends, just looks bad to me.
    Or some of us are skeptical of his posting and unsure if he's not the return of Billy Blanks / Boot_Walt_Kyle / whatever alias he used after that.

And after the whole fiasco of Nik Seller's mom posting on LSSU's thread under the name "Truth Squad" (spending all her time discrediting Jim Roque was exhausting to read through) I'm starting to wonder which family member DRD is...
    Last edited by aparch; 10-24-2016, 12:13 PM.
    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Re: Northern Michigan University Wildcats 2016-17 Season Thread: Gotta Get Up And Try

Originally posted by rustedblades View Post
      Maybe this situation was not the perfect example but Davyd has been abused on the mtu threads a number of times, even asked to stay off the thread, and I can't figure out why. I have always thought he offers good insight, questions, comments, etc.
      And this is not the first time the drinker has been abused here.
      Maybe I'm missing some history or it's harmless banter among friends, just looks bad to me.
      Davy likes to play a bit of the devils advocate at times and that seems to rub a few people (but not me) the wrong way, particularly when it's on another teams's thread.

Comment

Re: Northern Michigan University Wildcats 2016-17 Season Thread: Gotta Get Up And Try

I don't get the hate for Mr. Danis, either.

And rustedblades, I get your concern about dumping on DRD, but if the answer isn't any different, continuing to ask isn't very valuable. I cover UAH, but not as closely as Dave, and I know that there are a lot of times when I know what's going on with a player (injury, discipline) and don't feel that I can divulge that information. It's tricky — be too blabby and you lose your access; be too silent and what's the use in terms of having your source? I don't ever feel like I truly strike the balance.

[But I can tell you that UAH had a ton of suspensions to start '12-13 that were on the order of what was going on at Dartmouth. I'm okay with saying that because everyone involved but one coach is gone.]

GFM
        Geof F. Morris
        UAH BSE MAE 2002
        UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
          Davy likes to play a bit of the devils advocate at times and that seems to rub a few people (but not me) the wrong way, particularly when it's on another teams's thread.
          There are a couple. The fact that I live in Marquette will draw some negative reaction. But I'm a huge fan of UP college hockey and have long had relationships with all three teams and many coaches & players. I hope the semis & finals are all played in the UP this year, and even though some of our NMU fans may not feel the same way, unless one of those teams is playing NMU, I hope for their success, much the same as the whole UP gets behind one of our teams when they head downstate for high school playoffs!
          "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
            Or some of us are skeptical of his posting and unsure if he's not the return of Billy Blanks / Boot_Walt_Kyle / whatever alias he used after that.

And after the whole fiasco of Nik Seller's mom posting on LSSU's thread under the name "Truth Squad" (spending all her time discrediting Jim Roque was exhausting to read through) I'm starting to wonder which family member DRD is...
            I don't think DRD is close to any of that. Just an enthusiastic and curious fan.
            "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

The funny thing about asking the status of Dominik Shine in this forumn is that we have local media which isn't interested. Far from getting news on message boards, if there was tremendous interest in the program then maybe this question would have been asked already. In any other Division 1 sport had the star athlete turned up MIA over the first 1/6th of the season every rock would have been turned over and it would be highlighted on ESPN. Not here...

That being said, I'd have to say this team will be better further down the road because of their absence and the impact early from the freshman class. One can only hope team chemistry is found and the team learns how to win, and not lose games this year.

Comment

I'm a big boy and can take the heat.... I've been a NMU season ticket holder ever since the old Lakeview Arena days (I'm dating myself here) thus my moniker on this forum as "DonorRoomDrinker" (those of you who went to the Lakeview games will know the Donor Room was the bar at Lakeview) so I've followed NMU hockey for a very long time going back to head coach Rick Comley and radio announcers Joe Blake & Tom Mogush.... I also used to like Dave Mingay's color announcing....

I've been around the block so to speak when it comes to NMU hockey so I was just wondering what the hell was up with Dominik Shine being out of the lineup and not playing for the Cats to start the season out without an official explanation.... I go to every home game and listen to Dave Danis' pre-game & post-game shows on the ride to and from the rink before & after all of these games and I also listen to and try to watch every NMU away game as well so I don't miss any games during the season so when NMU's best player is out of action I want to know why....

I realize Davyd83 isn't at liberty to tell us everything that goes on behind the scenes so don't blame him for this lack of info on Shine (Dave gives plenty of info on his pre-game shows).... It's also good to see Mojo put his two cents in on this board as he was the heart & soul of the infamous "NMU Puckheads" so there wasn't a more devoted NMU hockey fan than Mojo out there (Goofus would probably have something to say about that) so Mojo's insight into the NMU Hockey program is a good one and so is Davyd83's so we are lucky to have them add their insight on this NMU thread as they know what the hell they're talking about when it comes to NMU Hockey....

With Sooth, Shine & Vermeulen being out of the NMU lineup, it has been a blessing in disguise and has provided some valuable ice-time for the Freshmen (Craighead, Peters, Voltin, Beauleau & Yaremko) as they've all been unreal so far for such young players.... NMU doesn't get all that many NHL caliber players that come thru here so when one like Shine is out of the lineup true NMU Hockey fans want to know why.... I don't think that's asking too much....

If NMU's All-GLIAC QB Shaye Brown was out of the football lineup this year NMU football fans would want to know why and this is no different.... As far as posting who dresses and who doesn't.... Anyone who's a true NMU Hockey fan wants to know why somebody isn't in the lineup on any given nite so that's why I post that info (I guess I should just post the playing lineup instead).... Sorry if some of you don't like it but I want the Cats to have a nice season and make it to the NCAA's this year and so do many other devoted NMU Hockey fans that I know....

Comment

There is one minute left to play in the period, and TECH STILL SUCKS!
                  Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                  "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                  Patreon for exclusive writing content
                  Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                    I like his input on the LSSU thread. It's nice to see an informed perspective from the outside. Bill, your stuff is always great to read as well. Donors Room adds to the NMU threads. It's good to see fans that really care sharing opinions, ideas and info.

Comment

2016 Upcoming NMU Hockey Games

Oct. 28th - NMU @ MTU
                      Oct. 29th - MTU @ NMU
                      Nov. 4th - NMU @ Wisconsin
                      Nov. 5th - NMU @ Wisconsin
                      Nov. 11th - Bowling Green @ NMU
                      Nov. 12th - Bowling Green @ NMU
                      Nov. 18th - NMU @ Bemidji State
                      Nov. 19th - NMU @ Bemidji State
                      Nov. 25th - Nebraska-Omaha @ NMU
                      Nov. 26th - Nebraska-Omaha @ NMU
                      Dec. 2nd - NMU @ Alaska-Anchorage
                      Dec. 3rd - NMU @ Alaska-Anchorage
                      Dec. 9th - Alabama-Huntsville @ NMU
                      Dec. 10th - Alabama-Huntsville @ NMU
                      Dec. 28th - NMU vs Cornell @ Florida College Hockey Classic (Estero, Fla.)
                      Dec. 29th - NMU vs Merrimack/Colorado College @ Florida College Hockey Classic (Estero, Fla.)

Comment

2016-17 NMU Hockey Leading Scorers After 6 Games

F - Jr. Robbie Payne (4 goals & 4 assists) for 8 points
                        F - Fr. Darien Craighead (4 goals & 1 Assist) for 5 points
                        F - Jr. Zach Diamantoni (0 goals & 5 assists) for 5 points
                        F - Sr. Gerard Hanson (2 goals & 2 assists) for 4 points
                        D - Sr. Brock Maschmeyer (0 goals & 3 assists) for 3 points

Comment

Shine is apparently in the lineup tonight.

Comment

Good to see Senior Forward Dominik Shine & Soph Defenseman James Vermeulen back in the NMU lineup tonite at MTU!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

No offense for NMU tonite in the (2-0) loss to MTU.... NMU (2-4-1) has now been shutout (3) times in their first (7) games of the season.... NMU was outshot (37-19) in the game.... Let's hope for some better Offense by NMU on Saturday nite at The Berry in Marquette....

Comment

Originally posted by DonorRoomDrinker View Post
                                No offense for NMU tonite in the (2-0) loss to MTU.... NMU (2-4-1) has now been shutout (3) times in their first (7) games of the season.... NMU was outshot (37-19) in the game.... Let's hope for some better Offense by NMU on Saturday nite at The Berry in Marquette....
                                Three games played in the U.P.

Zero goals.

Ouch.

Oh well, tomorrow is another opportunity. GO CATS!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X